The online racing simulator
Wrong race stats
(11 posts, started )
Wrong race stats
Hi

LFSWorld seems to display some erronous race stats for me and at least one of my friends (Arni Arnason). Did few races last night (August 18th) and it claims we raced in WE International, even we did not (1st race in my race list for that day). In nut shell at least these are wrong...

1) The list of drivers is wrong and clearly in wrong order (like me being almost last even it says i am "1st of 4"). And there were no 4 drivers even according to that stat - only 3. In reality i think there were only 2 of us.
2) Never raced in WE1 for the last week or so. Should be AS Historic
3) It says in details we did 4 laps even it is said to be 3 lap race in race list (and it was, but not in WE1)
4) if you look at the details only the last lap for both of us can be right. There is no way doing 2:1x times in AS Historic with XFG. They look more like WE1 times

To me it seems like our race in AS Historic got mixed into some other race in WE1 (possibly earlier in this server?). There was one bot racing with us. I suppose that couldn't have caused it or what?

The other races (AS historic) for me are correct what i can see.
Yes hmm, looks like some previously done laps from someone got mixed with something your did on that host. Will have to look into it.
I have the same problem with a little difference: I had two races on 23. Aug. Both at we1 with the UFR. That day and I think even the day after it was correctly logged but when I had a look today, I found that the second race was put forward by a day to an impossible time and even my car changed to XFR. When I check the race details I'm not even among the racers. Here's the link: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=races&racer=K.David
So it seems. The incorrect race results I was complaining are still there too. I guess there is nothing they can do to them anymore.

I think it has nothing to do with Westhill, because my races there have been logged fine after that. I wonder what happens if some of the messages from a server to lfsworld get lost ...hmmm...
The problem occured again for me, and yet again at Westhill. I had four races in the LX4 yesterday but it says I used an RB4 for the first race. However, the race details are correct.
Plain weird...
Yep. There seems to be lot of funny things (like many driving close to 20 laps, even it is just a 7 lap race if even that is correct).

I haven't been driving WE lately, but seems odd if it is track related. Maybe it was just bad luck. I wonder if anyone has spottted this on other tracks

I don't know if anything is done to this, but i bet this is not #1 on the fix list. I just hope it doesn't record lap times for wrong cars (your 1:56.84 would be one heck fast lap with RB4 at WE1).
It doesn't, fortunately. That would be one hell of a mess.
spent the evening browsing the code again and did find some things off - both your and Aquilifer's last problem should be ok now. But that moved/odd race from the 23th (moved to 24th) is still a mystery to me :/
Quote from Aquilifer :[...] I wonder what happens if some of the messages from a server to lfsworld get lost ...hmmm...

That might be the case when my race was put onto the 24th. It took the message approx. 1 day to arrive and logged the race for the time of arrival, which would explain why you, Victor didn't find the problem.
Could it be that LFSW was too busy to log the race when it finished? That's all I could think of
A packet coming in a day late sounds very unlikely. Unless it was exactly on a day with huge downtime for either the master server or the webserver, but i don't think that was the case on 23/24 aug.
I kinda think it's an obscure bug somewhere, but i wouldn't know how or where it happened, nor would I know how to debug it.
Just report it here again if you see another case of weirdness like this. Maybe then i'll find a new clue.
Well, don't know if it's really the same bug of the starting post, but surely it's a "Wrong race stats" thing.
These are my October online race stats after clicking on 30th of Oct.:
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1162455506

And this is what happens after clicking on 29th of October:

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1162455506

Note that all October days are grayed...have to go back one month to reenable them.
Tested with Firefox 1.5, 2.0 and IE6 on both XP and Windows 2000.
Thank you.
Attached images
rzOK.jpg
rzWrong.jpg

Wrong race stats
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG