The online racing simulator
The F08s are back!
(47 posts, started )
FO8 is better than BF1. Just pure mechanical traction, decent handling and enough power to make it challenging but not too much to make it snappy. Me likes, yammy!

EDIT: and it was Aston north rev
I was on the server for about 15 minutes, it was fun but I got fed up with my crapness and left
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :they did it in the 60's

balls to the wall racing for real men

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think it's important to note that they got killed fairly often in those cars. So I think XCNuse is right to say that a wingless FO8 would be dangerous.
F08 is great now, it's basically the same challenge the FOX was before the tyre physics update. Before the patch it was a monster to drive, but i still drove it I still tend to drive the FOX the most though, just because i enjoy the close racing, BF1 its hard to get people to even race, everyone wants to "qualify" which sort of defeats the purpose of an online simulator if you ask me..
Quote from jtr99 :I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think it's important to note that they got killed fairly often in those cars. So I think XCNuse is right to say that a wingless FO8 would be dangerous.

It's not like you'll get killed if you go off the track on a FO8 on LFS.
i played f08 today and unfortuntly i still suck at it

some things never change i guess
#32 - thd
Quote from Forbin :Yep, and they weren't even using slicks. They were EXTREMELY hard compound bias plys that had full tread patterns. I remember hearing they'd actually use a single set over the course of several races.

In the early sixties perhaps it was done, but not with the powerful 3-litre engines with 400+ hp that you are comparing with (from '66 onwards).
Quote from travbrad :F08 is great now, it's basically the same challenge the FOX was before the tyre physics update. Before the patch it was a monster to drive, but i still drove it I still tend to drive the FOX the most though, just because i enjoy the close racing, BF1 its hard to get people to even race, everyone wants to "qualify" which sort of defeats the purpose of an online simulator if you ask me..

I've loved the F08 since the patch. I've driven it as much as I used to drive the FOX in prepatch days. The FOX is great on small tracks, but too slow for the bigger tracks. The BF is a great car, but sometimes I run out of mountain dew and can't be arsed to focus that much, that quickly.

The F08 has decent speed and greatly improved handling. I've never understood why it hasn't been more popular on servers.
Quote from Marty502 :It's not like you'll get killed if you go off the track on a FO8 on LFS.

Correct. Thanks.
how come the fo8s are so rarely used ??
because back before the grip patch came this spring, it was a b*tch to drive because the tires would slide everywhere and so people are still scared about it for some unknown reason... but if you couldn't handle it properly back before the patch then your a wuss and need to man up ..
#37 - SamH
I just had a quick single-player affair with the FO8. It's a love-hate relationship. I love it, but apparently it hates me.

I know that it's MY failing.. I'm always frustrated by how quickly it all goes pear-shaped. One minute I'm right on the edge of traction, and in a split second I'm 20ft to the left of traction, and making like a spinning top.

In an LX6, I can really ride the balance between losing and regaining traction. In the BF1, I have to be really dumb to lose traction, with that little blue light spinning away.. but with the FO8, I can't even get to first base with traction.
im afraid ive lost all my fo8 skills while trying to get to grips (no pun intended) with the xrt
back in p/q i was faster in the fo8 than i am now

edit: stupid denglish mistake
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :they did it in the 60's

balls to the wall racing for real men

Pfff.. real men drive the BF1 without TC and downforce
Sam, you'd be able to get to first base with traction easier if you weren't constantly trying to steal home... <.<
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sam, you'd be able to get to first base with traction easier if you weren't constantly trying to steal home... <.<

would bumpdrafting be third base or home ?
do enjoy the fo8, but instead of me starting a new thread about why fe black never gets used il put it to u here. Have tryed it and takes alot to get use to as there are alot of corners fast and slow pretty damm cool if ya ask me. Whats ur story on feblack?
I seem to recall having the WR at FE Black with the FO8 (or at least came very close, like second place) very briefly around the time S2 first came out. In fact my old avatar here was a pic of me flying over a curb there.
Quote from jjones :do enjoy the fo8, but instead of me starting a new thread about why fe black never gets used il put it to u here. Have tryed it and takes alot to get use to as there are alot of corners fast and slow pretty damm cool if ya ask me. Whats ur story on feblack?

I really like Green and Gold. I pretty much started out on those tracks and played the heck out of them when I first got the game.

Black feels exactly like green joined to gold with two turns. I know this is obvious, but, when Aston came along, I immediatly started playing the longer track first, and as a result it had it's own personallity. I like the longer Aston's much better than the shorter ones.

I do like driving Black, IF I'm racing people I know, and who are into the longer track. As a pickup race, it multipies all the frustration of a pickup race at a track like blackwood times 10.
The curbs and the chicanes. With cars like FO8 you just need to shoot through the chicanes. The rest of the track is filled with even more uninteresting corners.

imho
In the OWRL we had a race with the FO8 @ FE Black as part of S2 Season 5. It was a great event, even though I don't really like the chicane there. It's more like flying than racing. Otherwise it's a great track for which you need a very good rythm. And when you get into that, and get into a side-by-side fight as I did with Zockmachine, then you've a great race.

Next saturday we'll race on Aston Historic. There are a few servers online with the combo. Div A is only for pre-qualified drivers, new drivers have to start with the FOX. But I will organize a test event this thursday which is free to join. I'll post the details tomorrow.

One more thing: Even though next season we'll only have BF1 in Div A and FOX in Div B, I'm sure the FO8 will be back in the OWRL next year.
Here you go, we only have 1 server for this test race so be quick with subscribing!

OWRL test race

The F08s are back!
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG