The online racing simulator
Quote from Der_Dude :is there a reason, why my Teammate "Maishaupt" and me ("Der_Dude") are not listed as participants in the opening post of this thread? I just want to make sure we can race with you guys on sunday. CU

My apologies, you have now been put in .
Getting into this far too much. Did two race simulation tests last night, noting lap times and tyre pressures every 5 laps.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Getting into this far too much. Did two race simulation tests last night, noting lap times and tyre pressures every 5 laps.

Lol, least you are practicing for it .
Can I get my name up there? [MG] Shokd
I have setup the ITEK server for practice. 40 lap race, and 30mins quali. The password is ITEK.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Pits Required: Yes. One. Pit between lap 5 and 45.

I take it you mean lap 35, not 45?
Guys, thats realy bad organisation. You change the rules a few hours before the race. Everyone practiced for that race assuming there is no pitstop! And now you come up with a mandatory stop. I have no problem with pitstops - i have a problem with last minute rule changes! So everyone who is not part of ITEK is screwed over!

I will participate anyways, but i wanted to adress that critique. CU later.
Quote from Der_Dude :Guys, thats realy bad organisation. You change the rules a few hours before the race. Everyone practiced for that race assuming there is no pitstop! And now you come up with a mandatory stop. I have no problem with pitstops - i have a problem with last minute rule changes! So everyone who is not part of ITEK is screwed over!

I will participate anyways, but i wanted to adress that critique. CU later.

This wasn't last minute. This change occured a few hours ago. If you guys practiced for no pitstops, then pits wont be a problem, as you wont need tyre changes .
I live in the united states, so due to time difference it was a last minute change for me.

But anyways, it was a very exciting race for the complete distance. It was very difficult to lap some of the people and that last lap incident was ridiculous and i think it was intentionally, since the guy drove into me on the straight, after i was already in front. It is sad to get a win stolen. But "The End" drove a great race and he had a little bit more luck so he earned that victory as much as i would have done!
Nice last race there for ITEK, although i only got 8th, i didnt have much practice, so im glad i even finished undamaged

Nice race everyone, and goodbye ITEK
The only good thing about my race was the lag lap. I managed to go from last to 3rd. On the first lap of the real race I went into the back of Storm_Cloud at Turn 3. Again, I'm very sorry.
We both got stuck in the gravel and had to telepit. The front three lapped me, and was far behind everyone else. Within a few laps I was near the rest and was overtaking for position and I finished 5th. I was hoping to have a fight with Thor, I noticed we had similar lap times by comparing the split times between us, after my pitstop I was waiting and waiting for him to make a stop, but he never did, I must have missed it because Jack's many pitstops. Suprisingly the crash with Storm_Cloud was my only crash.

Here are the stats...
Attached files
ITEK-BL-F08.rar - 3.1 KB - 144 views
Thanks, ITEK. Good Luck!
Quote from Der_Dude :I live in the united states, so due to time difference it was a last minute change for me.

But anyways, it was a very exciting race for the complete distance. It was very difficult to lap some of the people and that last lap incident was ridiculous and i think it was intentionally, since the guy drove into me on the straight, after i was already in front. It is sad to get a win stolen. But "The End" drove a great race and he had a little bit more luck so he earned that victory as much as i would have done!

Lap 6 onwards, I slowed down for pace, until lap 16, I start to push and push. When I saw you gaining, I was hoping to hold you, as I knew automatically you had the better setup. Didn't last long as I made a mistake on T1, and you had an open road and took the lead.

By the time we reached lap 20. We pitted. With you 14 seconds ahead, I managed to shed time off from the pits, and carried on racing.

When the tyres fully cooled down, I was on a rampage, trying to use my backmarkers as an advantage from laps 25-30 to set 101s, and then 100s

Couldn't believe the two backmarkers holding you up took 5 seconds off on the last lap, with huge momentum, overtook and lead to the finish.

Awesome race, one of the best comebacks I have driven *even though backmarkers played into my hands for the win*

Awesome race!
Made a decent start then got creamed by "Pedrosa" Cropsy . Had to telepit and while I was checking whether that counted as my pitstop I put it in the wall so had to crawl round and pit again. Started lap 2 already 2 laps down

Quiet after that. Caught a couple of the backmarkers and passed them and also managed to resist the temptation to exact revenge on Cropsy and cruised home.

I am quite new to LFS and although I had a bit of bad luck I much prefer that sort of thing to the playground knockabout 5 lap race servers that we mostly have to drive. Are there any decent leagues that run FO8?

Good race everyone except whoever messed up the battle at the front near the end. illepall
Quote from BigDave2967 :
Couldn't believe the two backmarkers holding you up took 5 seconds off on the last lap, with huge momentum, overtook and lead to the finish.

Awesome race, one of the best comebacks I have driven *even though backmarkers played into my hands for the win*

Awesome race!

Check the replay, Der_Dude hit me in the back end exiting the chicane, lap 39 not 40. That's what slowed him down. He said he had problems passing backmarkers. Noone else had any problems passing me, including him until that point.
A 5 second incident? I think not. He might be 6 seconds per lap faster than I am, but it's certainly not all right there in the chicane.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Lap 6 onwards, I slowed down for pace, until lap 16, I start to push and push. When I saw you gaining, I was hoping to hold you, as I knew automatically you had the better setup. Didn't last long as I made a mistake on T1, and you had an open road and took the lead.

By the time we reached lap 20. We pitted. With you 14 seconds ahead, I managed to shed time off from the pits, and carried on racing.

When the tyres fully cooled down, I was on a rampage, trying to use my backmarkers as an advantage from laps 25-30 to set 101s, and then 100s

Awesome race!

I drove a conservative R3 Set which worked out pretty nicely. After your first two laps i didnt think about winning anymore. But then you slowed down and i tried to pass you as soon as possible to make up some ground since you said before that you will become faster in the end. After our Pitstops (we both kept the tires) i was always checking the gap and calculating if it would be enough. You where the faster driver, no doubt! I figured i would end the race with two or three seconds in front. I was trying to be consistant and dont make mistakes which i managed to do. The rest is history...
Quote from MARSH2a :Check the replay, Der_Dude hit me in the back end exiting the chicane, lap 39 not 40. That's what slowed him down. He said he had problems passing backmarkers. Noone else had any problems passing me, including him until that point.
A 5 second incident? I think not. He might be 6 seconds per lap faster than I am, but it's certainly not all right there in the chicane.

You should have let me pass BEFORE the chicane since you where dangerously slow in there. After i managed to drive beside you on straight, you even crashed sideways into my car instead of letting me pass you! Thats not how you treat the leader! But you are right in one thing, it was the second to last lap...

I watched the replay now, and i admit that you saw the blue flag for me very late, since you have been lapped by someone else just before i arrived. You had enough time to let me go before the chicane though... And there was no reason to stay besides me on the straight. I was in front. The whole thing cost me 3.5sec which you can see by my laptime. Anyway, these things happen when people with very different speeds drive. I started slow in LFS too, so i remember that this is not easy. I apologize for the things i wrote after the finish. I still think it was your fault, but it was not intentionally. So i had bad luck and thats about it.
For me very satisfied about my race I did a qualifying lap like the best I did in practice so... As a manner of fact I don't know how I could improve. I did alot of practicing and tweeking set-up but never went in the 1xx. If anyone have ideas; go for it
So for the race, I drove inside my limits and try to be as steady as I could!
Every one has been very clean and it was really fun! I am quite new to this game and I am more and more addicted to it
I hope this series will be continued, though I was crashed in the first chicane and my race was done. As I asked before the race jumping into pits with shift+s was not allowed in the first lap. That's something that should be thought about when you are uninnocent involved in an accident. Race can be over in the first turn. Anyway, I've seen close fair racing here also with much slower racers taking part and that's the most important thing. I hope we will see again on track.....
Quote from Der_Dude :You should have let me pass BEFORE the chicane since you where dangerously slow in there. After i managed to drive beside you on straight, you even crashed sideways into my car instead of letting me pass you! Thats not how you treat the leader! But you are right in one thing, it was the second to last lap...

Dude, get a clue. I did rub tires with you, no accident! That's not what slowed you down that much. You weren't close enough to pass me during or before turn one. I had no choice, I'm not about to pull over in the middle of the chicane, thats racing. Don't blame your misforune on my tire rubbing later, on the straight, while ignoring the time loss from hitting me in the chicane. illepall

What a pain in the chicane! Verbal abuse in the server and now this...
In my opinion, you were both slightly at fault. DerDude, you could have been more patient coming out of the chicane. Marsh, you could have made it alot easier for him to pass, and perhaps given him the racing line at the end of the straight.
Hey guys! Sorry I couldn't make it out. I drove my kart early today, and would've been home intime to race. But then I had to go ahead and earn third in points on the final race. So we celebrated..and I missed the race. Again, sorry to all those people that wanted in.
alracer, I was catching you just over a second a lap for the last 15 laps, Cropsy was behind me, and I knew he was quick so I had to stay @ pace and then realised you were getting closer, last 5 laps came and you were 5.xx secs in front, I could smell a podium finish, but it wasn't to be, I ran out of time and finished just under a second behind you! Great raceing guys

As for Cropsy waiting for me to pit, the reason for that was I gambled on starting with R2 tyres, but after 6 laps my front tyres 160 degrees, so I pitted early and changed the front's to R3's and increased the pressure a bit more, that seemed perfect, with me setting several new PB's towards the end of the race!!!!

FO8 is a great car, and Storm Racing will be creating a league, possibly running along side a FOX and BF1 league from SonicRealms Racing... Details to follow in the forums!!!
Yes I saw that you were getting at me and just try to keep the pace without error and said to myself; cannot do more than that so if he pass me, it's ok I would have done a good race though. But I was able to keep my 3rd place
Good news that Thor. I will be looking at it for the new league.
Really sorry i could not make it as i play pool in real life and had to goto a ranking event...Hope it all went well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG