The online racing simulator
Sportsmanship
(32 posts, started )
Sportsmanship
I've just been racing on a public server on Aston GP using the V8's.

had a good few races and on the last found myself in 2nd place behind a fast leader.on the last lap he made a mistake 3/4's of the way round, which let me slip by into first place. approaching the downhill chicane i was 0.5 seconds in front. i outbraked myself for the chicane and took it slower than usual. on the straight he clipped me and spun me into the pit lane. what do you think he did next?

he slowed right down, and told me to take the win.

you hear a lot about bad/aggressive/unsportsmanlike racing so much that i feel it was a real breath of fresh air to race with such a sporting guy.

for the record, his name is Julek Krokowski, LFS name: BMR Linus.
#2 - garph
It's great when people do that stuff!

Cropsy did the same thing once, he is gay but that was really nice.

#3 - CSU1
Hurrah! I do this all the time,
"Why?" you say...
sportsmanship....and real racers shine above the rest
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from mr grady :I've just been racing on a public server on Aston GP using the V8's.

had a good few races and on the last found myself in 2nd place behind a fast leader.on the last lap he made a mistake 3/4's of the way round, which let me slip by into first place. approaching the downhill chicane i was 0.5 seconds in front. i outbraked myself for the chicane and took it slower than usual. on the straight he clipped me and spun me into the pit lane. what do you think he did next?

you hear a lot about bad/aggressive/unsportsmanlike racing so much that i feel it was a real breath of fresh air to race with such a sporting guy.

thats nice of him
#5 - CSU1
Someone gave me a push round half a lap the other day cos I was out of fuel. Thanks to him I managed to keep my second place.

There are lots of good sportsmanlike behaviour out there it's just it doesn't go as noticed as the bad stuff.
I've been freaking out on the FO8 lately. Seems there are no crazy idiot GT4 nutjob wanker fighter pilots driving these things. Everyone I've raced has been pure joy. I'm sticking with it.

Shhh.... Don't tell anybody.
a true racer !!!
Quote from garph : It's great when people do that stuff!

Cropsy did the same thing once, he is gay but that was really nice.

You're welcome. Cheeky bastard. Next time I see you in the track, i'll wreck you!
Quote from Cropsy :

You're welcome. Cheeky bastard. Next time I see you in the track, i'll wreck you!

Lol.
What, you didnt start slagging him off for
A) Crashing you
B) Slowing down on a fast part of the circuit
C) Not appologising 18 nano seconds after the accident

What is the world of LFS coming too when you cant rely on a good post-crash argument ?
Quote from Becky Rose :
What is the world of LFS coming too when you cant rely on a good post-crash argument ?

Sickening, isn't it? This is exactly why I spend most of my time on the demo.
lfs was designed for people that crash and blame someone else

Or thats me, shhhhh :doh:
Loving the FO8 atm and as said before it does seem to be free of the trouble some types that put me off the FOX servers
It's the most realistic part of LFS to blame someone else
Quote from Becky Rose :It's the most realistic part of LFS to blame someone else

Had Lotesdelere blaming me for holding him up on the pitlane exit of FZR/XRR/FXR - Aston National. He claimed I was deliberatly holding him up *was driving FXR, he was FZR, and was right behind me* considering he had the faster car with more straight line speed than me, he could have easily overtook me, but, not after he spun he had a right go at me.

Good example of members blaming others for their own mistakes .
tbh i prefer gtr`s to open wheelers, but on topic, that was nice of him.
Yup, its not actually all that rare for me. Ive done it quite alot too, but most of the time the person who i accidently hit gets passed and ends up 2nd. It makes me feel really really guilty lol.
Such things like described in the first post should be normal racing behaviour in my opinion.
I think BMR Linus is Polish, so I am pretty proud of that
Quote from Gentlefoot :Someone gave me a push round half a lap the other day cos I was out of fuel. Thanks to him I managed to keep my second place.

There are lots of good sportsmanlike behaviour out there it's just it doesn't go as noticed as the bad stuff.

was that me?
Yup Julek is a nice driver
Quote from mr grady :I've just been racing on a public server on Aston GP using the V8's.

This is THE ONLY way, to say I`m sorry, when you just made a mistake, causing an opponent to spinn off.

You`ll meet 1000 Lfs racers, banging into you, and then you read "Sorrry"
They are not sorry, if they keep driving. If you hit another racer, your faulth off course, you have to wait untill he passes you. Nobody does that - They just write that damned "sorry" and think they rigthfully can go on with the race !?

You`re only sorry, if you show it !!!!

If I make a really big bummer - I seldom do that - Then i go into the pit, waiting for the next race, and express my "sorry"ness to the unlucky guy/girl I just hit.

This guy did rigth - I wish more would follow "the rigth way"
Quote from ebola :was that me?

Not long ago I midraced joined a server and sat on pit exit to wait for folks to go by before I ran out for a few laps of practice. It happened to be the final lap of the race and as I was coming up on a slow/stopped car, I saw him say "out of fuel, LOL" in chat. I locked them up, backed up and pushed him across the line as well.
Quote from mrodgers :Not long ago I midraced joined a server and sat on pit exit to wait for folks to go by before I ran out for a few laps of practice. It happened to be the final lap of the race and as I was coming up on a slow/stopped car, I saw him say "out of fuel, LOL" in chat. I locked them up, backed up and pushed him across the line as well.

I would ban you, on my server, for that
Quote from alland44 :You`ll meet 1000 Lfs racers, banging into you, and then you read "Sorrry"
They are not sorry, if they keep driving. If you hit another racer, your faulth off course, you have to wait untill he passes you. Nobody does that - They just write that damned "sorry" and think they rigthfully can go on with the race !?

Actually there are many players who dont even bother to say "sorry" and who probably dont even realise they were in the wrong , however many of my team and other team players (also some privateers too) will often pull over to allow someone they accidentally knocked off repass them. and allways say the "sorry" too .

However if I have a knock and its 50/50 my fault/ their fault I will 9 times out of 10 say "sorry" anyway even sometimes if it more their fault than mine racing is supposed to be ZERO contact but there will allways be incidents.

SD.

Sportsmanship
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG