The online racing simulator
Why do LFS cars fly like ball?
(65 posts, closed, started )
sometimes I wonder if mods just feel the need to do anything. The moment a mod comes to the spotlight, other people complaining about their moved/edited/deleted threads, he did something wrong imho.
dude, stop complaining, I dont care that he deleted my posts, if he feels he should have that means he should have, now stop your whining and grow up.
Quote from Vykos69 :sometimes I wonder if mods just feel the need to do anything. The moment a mod comes to the spotlight, other people complaining about their moved/edited/deleted threads, he did something wrong imho.

Mods will always get complaints, whatever they do...
There was a time we didn't see mods for a while, and there were complaints nothing was being done. Now that that's changed, they get complaints too much is deleted.

The mods run this show for the most part. If you don't like what they did, go to the feedback section of the forum (which isn't here, so PM the mod)...
Don't waste valuable forum space with completely off-topic complaints.
Quote from xWolFx :dude, stop complaining, I dont care that he deleted my posts, if he feels he should have that means he should have, now stop your whining and grow up.

so the fact i care means i need to grow up?
indeed when im 90y old i prolly would have stopped caring...

fact is, had he done no action whatsoever, this thread would be a lot better, with more lag poetic and entertainment value, with less ot and less prepotency.
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Quote from TagForce :Mods will always get complaints, whatever they do...
There was a time we didn't see mods for a while, and there were complaints nothing was being done. Now that that's changed, they get complaints too much is deleted.

The mods run this show for the most part. If you don't like what they did, go to the feedback section of the forum (which isn't here, so PM the mod)...
Don't waste valuable forum space with completely off-topic complaints.

sure they get complaints. You wonder? And if they get complaints about too much deletion, then they should think about that. There was seriously no reason to delete anything in here. People got ok with it, replied to posts they wanted etc. Now you have the mess, cause here are people that complain. So who made the mistake here?

IMHO there are only a few things, a mod should delete: Links to pron, offensive material as racist shit, spam from forum spammers and advertisement stuff. Nothing of that was in this thread here...
Quote from KiDCoDEa :so the fact i care means i need to grow up?
indeed when im 90y old i prolly would have stopped caring...

fact is, had he done no action whatsoever, this thread would be a lot better, with more lag poetic and entertainment value, with less ot and less prepotency.

And how long do you think it would take to delete the current discussion?
If you have complaints, don't do it on the thread, but go to PM (a feedback forum is what we apparently need but don't have as yet).
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Quote from Vykos69 :sure they get complaints. You wonder? And if they get complaints about too much deletion, then they should think about that. There was seriously no reason to delete anything in here. People got ok with it, replied to posts they wanted etc. Now you have the mess, cause here are people that complain. So who made the mistake here?

IMHO there are only a few things, a mod should delete: Links to pron, offensive material as racist shit, spam from forum spammers and advertisement stuff. Nothing of that was in this thread here...

It doesn't matter who made the mistake... My point was that they'll always get complaints. I for one am glad something is happening that could be considered moderation on the boards (although it should be done even more and stricter imho). We needed it after the last 'crisis'.

Ultimately, the mods can do whatever they want. And yes, they make mistakes, and Al has 'kind of' admitted he could've left the posts as is (at least Kid's ones)... If Kid has a problem with his posts being gone forever, I suggested he'd take it up in PM, and not here, as this whole discussion is off-topic.
Quote from TagForce :And how long do you think it would take to delete the current discussion?
If you have complaints, don't do it on the thread, but go to PM (a feedback forum is what we apparently need but don't have as yet).

if you are really interested in that, pick one or several:

-i dont go to pm because it was a collective deletion, a collective issue, that interests a lotta people not just myself. any fruitful discussion in private would have trouble explaining itself publically later on.
-i dont go to pm because i had no pm either, telling me why it was deleted without warning, to start with.
-i dont go to pm because im scared of mods ego and sexual allure.
-i dont go to pm because i have the option to not go to pm

if anything, i am being overpolite for the treatment im getting.
i care about my posts being deleted, because i cared to post in the first place.
its a matter of principle, if i take my time to contribute to this place by posting, i dont expect someone self-assumed inept, to delete them for me
without a reason, warning or whatever.
Quote from Dajmin :I don't think the car to car collision system is a priority. Like has already been said - the idea is not to hit the other racers. And when you do, how often is it at a speed high enough to cause such a huge catapult?
Yes it needs worked on, but there are way more important things.

Collision detection system SHOULD be a priority!! I've seen to much wallsliding in hotlaps, even WR's. There was one SO4 patch Q era WR (wallsliding 3 times in one lap) that was driven by a well known LFS'er and anther 3rd place HL on SO3 that had a major BANG to the wall just before the last left turn. So YES there should be a update to CD with S2 final.
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Quote from Vykos69 :IMHO there are only a few things, a mod should delete: Links to pron, offensive material as racist shit, spam from forum spammers and advertisement stuff. Nothing of that was in this thread here...

I'd say there is more than that to do. We need to generally keep the forums tidy, organised, keep threads on track, and remove other offensive material. Racism, politics, religion, threats, etc, none of that we want on here. It's better for everyone in the end if everyone plays nice. A forum (well, this forum at least) is not a place to vent anger.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if you are really interested in that, pick one or several:

-i dont go to pm because it was a collective deletion, a collective issue, that interests a lotta people not just myself. any fruitful discussion in private would have trouble explaining itself publically later on.
-i dont go to pm because i had no pm either, telling me why it was deleted without warning, to start with.
-i dont go to pm because im scared of mods ego and sexual allure.
-i dont go to pm because i have the option to not go to pm

if anything, i am being overpolite for the treatment im getting.
i care about my posts being deleted, because i cared to post in the first place.
its a matter of principle, if i take my time to contribute to this place by posting, i dont expect someone self-assumed inept, to delete them for me
without a reason, warning or whatever.

Apparently, even if it's just for you, we need a feedback forum...
You wouldn't have to go to PM, and this thread would remain on-topic.
That was the reason posts were deleted in the first place.

btw, a reason WAS given... So it was a mistake. Sorry for the loss of your posts, but life goes on. Leave it at that.

(I'd be a much stricter mod than all the mods on here combined, so just be glad I'm not one )
This debate does not belong on this thread.
Quote from Bob Smith : A forum (well, this forum at least) is not a place to vent anger.

pinpoint where in my original posts is the anger. if u cant, while you're at it, bring em back, thanks.

Quote from al heeley :This debate does not belong on this thread.

this debate is a direct consequence of your previous action. what better evaluation of your actions than what they cause?

Quote from TagForce :btw, a reason WAS given... So it was a mistake. Sorry for the loss of your posts, but life goes on.

A hipocrite reason was given after i complained, not before. the reason given is not valid, coz if they want the posts can be brought back. posts are moved and not deleted. assuming they know that i know how vbulletin works, every effort is being made so that i think this mistake is of the intentional kind. there are those you know.
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
I am just going to step in and close the thread.

The reason why is : all the points have been made, from both sides of the discussion. The moderators and the moderated have made their points. Neither side will ever back down 100% so the argument will never be won if it continues. And no more will be said than has already been said.

I will just close the thread and the people involved in the argument can just consider to themselves how to avoid the conflict in future. And whether they will act differently or not will be up to them.

The moderators do a very good job on this forum, but they cannot be perfect and keep all people happy all the time, and there are just occasionally times when some post have been unrecoverably deleted by mistake. They cannot spend so long considering all possible consequences of every action, with a whole forum to keep tidy, But they always learn from their mistakes, as do forum users. I am very grateful for the work the moderaters do keeping the forum tidy and basically in order.
This thread is closed

Why do LFS cars fly like ball?
(65 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG