The online racing simulator
What Wheel?
(28 posts, started )
#1 - adren
What Wheel?
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a new wheel as my current one is getting a bit old now and isn't working 100% correctly...

I've heard the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel is meant to be good, however this is designed for the ps2.

So my questions are...

a) Does this wheel work on a PC with LFS?

b) Are there better wheels? Or is the DFP the best out there?

Cheers
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
#2 - adren
check out my vid in my sig.
1. Yes. Perfectly.

2. No, DFP is the best.

Get it.
Quote : . No, DFP is the best.

The DFP is a good wheel but has some problems also , like all the Logitech sets the pedals are not built to last and may cause you probs down the line.
the 900 degree rotation mode is the biggest plus point for the DFP and the shifter paddles IMO are too small and not positive enough .

The Momo Racing Force (black) is also a good wheel and has almost Identical pedals to the DFP has a shifter bolted on also like the DFP only has 6 buttons compared to 30 or so on the DFP but the shifter paddles behind the wheel are somewhat better placed than the DFP .

Of course you could check the Momo Force (red) wheel only available 2nd hand try e-bay this has real leather handstitched wheel , large aluminum shifter paddles and aluminum plated pedals this was discontinued by logitech due to high costs but remains an awsome wheel .

all 3 wheels are widely used in LFS

what wheel do you have that isn't working 100% correctly...? and what are the probs with it .... it may just require a service

SD.
I ♥ My DFP
The 900 degree rotation is too much fun, it really adds to the immersion factor. The pedals are doing fine for me so far, I figure when they finally do break, I'll find one of the Act Labs 3 pedal sets and the H pattern shifter and really have some fun
I haven't read anything about the microsoft FF-Wheel yet. Is it because it isn't produced anymore?
I have mine now for about 8 years and it still works perfect. Well, the FF-Strength is not that good anymore than it was at the beginning, but I don't go the gym 4 days a week, so thats not a problem for me...
Driving force Pro. Good for building muscles on Black Wood Rally X, with FF set to 80%, quite hard to keep turning it back and fourth for 10 laps!!
watch out for logitech pedals..........

its a real shame as they let down an otherwise high quality wheel.
I have a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP. IT's my second one and I've had it for about two years. The first one lasted for about the same time, before it starte to malfunction. However... The pedals have been great and I still use the pedals from the first wheel. No real need to change them since the haven't let me down once in four years.
I will get a DFP some time this month, but from the sound of it, I better stick to the Wingman pedals

Anyway... For a budget wheel, I can really recommend the Wingman Formula Force GP. It will last for about two years of fairly hard driving (about a couple of hours a day in average). If there is one thing that will malfunction, it's the shift paddles. Not a big problem since you can manufacture a sequential gear shifter from almost any joystick and place it beside the wheel.
Another one for Logitech Formula Force GP. Love it.

Pedals have been good to me so far, although I can tell they may break eventually, cos when i smush the accelerator coming out of a corner or brake hard, i can feel them twisting under the force of my foot. perhaps i should take it easy a bit
Thanks for all your replies.

I took the plunge and ordered the DFP. Hopefully the pedals will be kind to me... :o)

My friend has the Red Momo Force wheel that you talked of. It's a shame they discontinued it, as it really is an awesome bit of kit.

Thanks again.
I went from a Formula Force GP to the DFP a week ago, I really didn't like the DFP when I first used it, but after a week of driving I've gotten used to it - so much so my pb on Aston Nation in the FXR is now in the 1:44s.

I still can't catch spins the way I used to (arms flailing all over the place) but I guess the trick is not to spin in the first place. I'm also a smoother driver than I was which is kinder to my tires
DFP now come with new metal pots, no more problem with the pedals
Quote from MagicFr :DFP now come with new metal pots, no more problem with the pedals

realy? finally logitech has become smart :smash3d:
dont believe it. i have the new pedals and they are giving me problems.
2 friend have it and they dt have any problems, have you open it ? are you sure it is the new pedal set with the big metal pot ?
Quote from HittiS :I have a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP and i'm very satisfied with it!

So have i and i love it, im just not overly fond of the clamping system it uses due to the bevel on the edge of my desk.
I have a Momo and not totally satisfied. The main reason not to buy another wheel is that I never use the flippers for the gears. I use my thumb at some buttons to change gear. I do this to prevent RSI. The Saitek R440 is great with this, but it has not the realistic fealing the Momo has. The other wheels are not suited for this kind of gear changing. My perfect wheel is not invented yet
ur not gonna get RSI from using the flippers on the wheel...
I'm also a little impressed by the DFP-Wheel. (have a MS FF-Wheel for years now and I'm still very statisfied of it)
But I like the strength of it, and the 900 degrees, and the gearshift lever.

Is it possible to assing 1 function in LfS to 2 Buttons on the wheel? If I buy it, i want to use the gearshift lever AND the flippers. Depends on the car I'm driving.
Pst... JoyToKey
It'll take care of all your button asigning troubles.
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :I'm also a little impressed by the DFP-Wheel. (have a MS FF-Wheel for years now and I'm still very statisfied of it)
But I like the strength of it, and the 900 degrees, and the gearshift lever.

Is it possible to assing 1 function in LfS to 2 Buttons on the wheel? If I buy it, i want to use the gearshift lever AND the flippers. Depends on the car I'm driving.

It is possible via the profiler: map the gearshifts on the keyboard, and then configuire the paddles and the stick to press these keys. I had the same in mind for increas rfealsim (WTF? Did I taype that... read: increased realism) with the FXO. Works fine for me allthough I really never use the paddles, I got so used to using the stick...
Hi all.

The wheel arrived yesterday. I must say I'm more than happy with it! Brake pedal feels loads better than the last wheel. Separate axis \o/ FF is much stronger now. I seem to drive loads smoother too.

One question though. What degree's do you guys set your wheel too? default is 200°, but obviously you can set it anywhere up to 900°.
Hold down the buttons (on the wheel) Shift + R3 + Right finger flipper....it should make a clunking noise and rotate past 200 degrees.

What Wheel?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG