The online racing simulator
XRG, realistic, simple, custom..
(27 posts, started )
I hate to request a skin, that's not my style, but I just don't seem to have the time/patience to make one these days.. I want a simple, non-ricey XRG skin, specifically with Mazda, NGK, Toyo, and Kenwood as sponsors, and maybe a few more if anybody actually cares enough to make one for me, lol. I won't list them all unless I get a serious hit though. I was modifying Zed's orange/green Renown skin he made, (with his approval), for the XRR, but unfortunately after ALOT of time and work, realized the program I was using was dumping quality pretty bad, so I gave up. Anyways, if anybody is interested in making a skin somthing along the lines of what I mentioned, post up, and thanks in advance!
#2 - Vain
What style are you looking into?
The XRG isn't a too impressive vehicle. So on a real vehicle the artwork wouldn't be too impressive either. Normally the paint get's scratched anyway.
I followed a similar line and created this skin a long time ago. Load it into LFS to see it on a car at a track. Took 10 minutes to create. (I used some pictures from the paddock of a series I'm affiliated to to create that skin.)
Do you look for something similar? Or do you want a different style?

Vain
@Vain, you cannot directly link to that skin
It says:
Quote :Sorry, you can't view this skin. Only the owner can (you are logged in as: AndroidXP - skinname: XRT_MYDEFAULT.JPG).

The link said I had to be signed in to access it. I'm not soo much looking for art work I don't guess, just solid clean logo's plopped in appropriate places on the skin I suppose. Probably along the lines of what you'd see on a real, non-riced up car, at an autocross meet or something. Do you have another link to your skin? What got me started on the XRG, other than I like driving it, is Zed's XRR Renown skin, posted below.. It doesn't necessarily have to be that in-depth though.
Attached images
xrr_zed28_renown1.jpg
Zed's Renown.JPG
#5 - Vain
Meh, stupid LFSW.
We're not talking in the same direction anyway. I was talking about realistic skins like this (pretty much my skin, actually).
You seem to have something largely more sophisticated in mind. Do you have an idea what such a paintjob like the one you linked would cost? A few races and you spend more money on paint than on the car!

Vain
Here's how far I got with my XRG rendition. I guess since I snapped the picture's with print-screen, (into Paint), you can't see the quality loss too good, but oh well.. (and I obviously didn't complete it, cause like I said, I realized I'd wasted a bunch of time)
Attached images
Zed's Renown (repaint XRG).JPG
I like that! I was just commenting that I really liked the Renown skin, not necessarily that I wanted somthing as complicated.
#8 - Vain
I can show you some more "realistic" paintjobs...
One, two, three and four. Just so we get a similar understanding of the term "realistic".
Mine looks like those, you seem to be looking into something else, so I'm not of much help there.

Vain
I guess if anybody wanted to make it look simliar to a 1st. generation Mazda RX-7, that'd be great too, but I'm more into just getting a clean, realistic looking skin with a few main sponsors on it, over changing it to look like a specific make and model etc.
Quote from Vain :I can show you some more "realistic" paintjobs...
One, two, three and four. Just so we get a similar understanding of the term "realistic".
Mine looks like those, you seem to be looking into something else, so I'm not of much help there.

Vain

No, actually you're spot on. I really like those and that's right along the lines of what I'm after. Again, I didn't post the Renown skin because I wanted somthing that complicated, it was just what got me started skinning the XRG..
#11 - Vain
In that case I can fix something together.
Any additional sponsor wishes? Color? A specific number? A specific detail like especially colored mirrors?
Perhaps a look alike like one of these?

Vain
Quote from Vain :In that case I can fix something together.
Any additional sponsor wishes? Color? A specific number? A specific detail like especially colored mirrors?

Vain

Sweet, that'd be great. Blue would be my color I suppose. I like the color of that blue Porsche in your #2 pic. Number plate would be 03. I would need some more time to tell you more sponsors, and understand if you'd like to wait till I've listed them before you do too much work on the skin..
Mazda, NGK, Toyo, Kenwood, Tokico, Eibach, Mazdaspeed, Corksport (www.corksport.com), Sony, Tamiya, and Traxxas, would all be great if on there, but the main theme would be Mazda. I could come up with more if you'd like a bigger range of what to use. I know some just won't work out visually/you can't find logos quality enough etc. (Tamiya and Traxxas are both RC Model "car" companies)
#15 - Smax
Quote from Smax :There's already a version of the Renown RX7 for the XRG. It was painted by Mikebyzdine and you can get it here.

Oh, thanks. I think I like what I've got better, but that gives me some template stuff to work with if I want to mess with it. I'm still really interested in the personal skin though, especially after seeing the possible layouts/real car's you gave for suggested ideas Vain.
Quote from Vain :One

:ices_rofl I just thought you edited an XR into the background before I realised that that actually is another Porsche...
#18 - Vain
@bbman: And those 924/944 even behave pretty much like XRGs.

@Tinytacohead:
The skin is finished. I hope it is as you desired.
When I had the car keys in my hands I took the liberty and took the car for a small ride around south city, to make sure the paint is really dry... Hope you don't mind.

[Edit] Notice how from this angle the XRG looks as if it had a racing cage. Looks great. Makes me want to race it. Eric?

Vain
Attached images
XRG_tiny.jpg
tiny.jpg
Looks great man, thanks! No prob on the testdrive either.
#20 - Vain
The next time anyone says the LFS community is unfriendly, just point them into this thread.

Vain
What he didn't tell you is that the car has no fuel and he poured sugar into fuel tank. Nice skin though too bad i am still making that WTCC Leon skin for FZR. This was a simple request.
Quote from Vain :The next time anyone says the LFS community is unfriendly, just point them into this thread.

Vain

Will do.
Quote from Vain :I can show you some more "realistic" paintjobs...

Vain

How can those be any more realistic than the Renown skin? That renown car actually exists. Those pics aren't any more realistic than the Renown one.
What he meant was more realistic for the class of car I was asking about, hence the quotes on the word.. The XRG is a 140hp street car thrown on a track. You don't tend to see paintjobs as expensive as that Renown one would be, on a car of that caliber. Not one that's any more than a trailor queen anyways.

All that aside, the original creator of the skin made an XRG version upon request, and I've been customizing it to suit my specific real-life "sponsors", while driving the wonderful paint Vain made for me. Here's a snap of what I've got so far with "my" Renown skin.. (thanks Zed28)
Attached images
Tiny's Renown.JPG
hmm. I understand now. True that. :P Just thought he was saying the Renown car didn't exist

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG