The online racing simulator
Admin rights: set servers to JUST WHEELS
Please SCAWEN, it must be very simple to implement: a command to change the permission to the controllers type.

I mean, I'd like to type a command, something like \controllers=w, and just WHEELs be permited in the server.

It will very usefull for leagues races. There is no sense in competitors using mouse and keyboard against others using wheels.

Is that possible to implement? Is this a new or an old suggestion?
Quote from Speed Soro :It will very usefull for leagues races. There is no sense in competitors using mouse and keyboard against others using wheels.

what?!
thats nonsense.
whats the reason for this "improvement"?
and btw, i doubt this will ever be in the game as it splits the community in rich / poor (or better with mouse than with wheel therefore he uses a mouse).
illepall
Don't see a point for this. Mousers, and especially kb drivers, are few and far between anyway. It's their call if they want to enter competitive leagues or not.
Quote :There is no sense in competitors using mouse and keyboard against others using wheels.

TBH, i use a wheel, i'm not the fastest driver but i'm far from the slowest, and i've had trouble racing against some people using a KB and mouse.
My point is, it don't mean you're slow because you're using a KB and mouseillepall . This can be the only reason that you want this option, because you feel that users with wheels are faster than those without.

Thats 'controllerism' (if there is such a thing )
way bad idea, since i haven't been able to buy a wheel yet.. i'm prioritizing food over LFS, and have been doing so the last year..

so, bad idea imo! excluding mousers and keyboarders is just lame..
In the most of the cases, kb and mouse LFS players are faster than wheel, and I won't discuss that.

I'm talking about simulation. You are able to choose if you want or if you dont want to use a mouse, but in some cases I'd like to set a server just for wheel racer drivers.

If you don't see the point, I'm not the one that will try to explain, I won't discuss that too.

I just want this feature, if it is not too much work to implement (I guess it isn't). It is a sugestion, useful for too many...
#7 - aoun
Whats wrong with mouse users in leauges? The last race i did in a league race i dominated pretty good.. and im the absolute only mouse user in the league. The race before was my first ever league race, and with pit problems costing me alot of time, i still managed 5th and not so far behind.. So mouse people are just as fast, its just some people who are noobs..

I see where your comming from but, Speed Soro. When you know that theres only Wheel users, you feel more controlled and more safe because wheel users are more in control as they can feel what the car is doing MORE then a mouse user. But still, what about the fast mouse users.. just gonna say tough luck?

Ive always had an idea, and i strongly feel this will work. At the first time you ever go online, you must take like a lesson/test like the one you can do offline. Except, these are abit harder. and also, you get ranked on how well you go. You can do it over and over til you get better etc. So there will be like A-grade driver, down to c-grade or whatever. And servers can filter the grades. EG, i create a server for A grade drivers only cause i want some close pro racing. Or low-grade because i want people to learn more to race better. You see? Its more better taht way because everyone has a chance, unlike if you say WHEEL ONLY .. its unfair.
Quote from Speed Soro :I just want this feature, if it is not too much work to implement (I guess it isn't). It is a sugestion, useful for too many...

so basically you want this implimented because you want and so you must get illepall

dont think so mate...thats not how it works...

mouse users and keyboard users or mouse AND keyboard users as well as joystick, gamepad aswell as wheel and pedal users should be allowed to use this simulator / game...equally.

There are people who think of this as "just another racing game" and so we have to cater for them...because racing is a game...except this "game" simulates real life to an extent...

and by not allowing ANYONE to use this peice of software is bad practice against the dev's...just like myself building a website that wont work on your computer because your computers out of date is back practice against me as a web designer.

and as everyone else has already explained...it will end up dividing this community...a rich side and a poor side....a bit like racisim for a racing sim....like

black vs white
rich vs poor
old vs young

this community is here as that and im sure we dont want that crap trying to pull it apart.

#9 - Woz
There are enough of us that remember the keyboard user wars back in S1 when the keyboard controller systems changed.

Back then your request would make sense as KB was a totally different game/sim to the other controller types but now to drive with KB fast takes skill.

I would have thought the key thing for any league is that drivers are of similar speeds and skill level and that understand race rules.
Quote from Speed Soro :In the most of the cases, kb and mouse LFS players are faster than wheel, and I won't discuss that.

That's a shame, because I'd want to.
I'm sure you could tell me why all those world records are held by mousers.. oh wait.
#11 - aoun
Quote from TheDeppchef :That's a shame, because I'd want to.
I'm sure you could tell me why all those world records are held by mousers.. oh wait.

Hahahaha lmao.. BURN!!!! :P
Quote from Speed Soro :In the most of the cases, kb and mouse LFS players are faster than wheel, and I won't discuss that.

Man, your driving must suck...
#13 - Jakg
i remember the last time someone complained about mousers being faster than wheelers they never replied...

They aren't, btw, at least if you think that with no ffb, and such a different style of input, AND with digital throttle and brake that they can be faster, then you are mad
There are two issues here about the same thing.

One is about "I'd like to block the mouse/kb users in certains league races".

Other, and that is not my topic, but yours, is "Why there are so much WRs under mouse/kb controllers".

For the first one, that is a desire mine and from others. Mouse/kb players can put their fear down cause we are not starting a sub-players chase era.

Oh!... he said sub-players... why? Well, think by yourselves.

About the second question, why there are so much WRs using mouse/kb:

1 - Mouse waste less energy from the player body to same number of laps he does. That is because it is lighter, and has no force feedback. Less energy waste, less tiredness, more eficience, more hours of training.

2 - Mouse, using just one hand and few fingers, being more next to the brain than the feet, is faster in its reactions. And using just hand and fingers, not arms, and feet. And its travell is short, minimun right/left movement...

3 - Mouse/kb allows you to assume any position in your chair. Wheel/pedals obligates to maintain a right position, without variation. It is too a way to stress your body less with mouse than with wheel.

4- Being lighter and faster, with no ffb and less waste, you just need to get use with it.

(there are others reason, but I have no patience to explain now)

I understand that to use a mouse is a situation that a player can get use, but it is not the intention for always of nobody. Who likes simulation, use a mouse only while he can´t buy a wheel.

BTW, 90% of the "LFSensation" is about force feedback. Without ffb you don't know what LFS is. Sorry, if you don'y have a wheel, you should run and buy one. After that you will play a new game, believe.
I race using the keyboard keys (No Mouse) I aint fast, My PB is only (Now come down to) a 1:37 around blackwood in the GTi (Sadly im only demo untill the 17th) Which isnt amazingly slow, But I can compete in the middle of the field which is fun.

But I would feel discriminated and I would be put off the game if I wasnt allowed to join a race because of the way I choose to play it. Its not my fault I cant afford to buy a wheel at the moment...

Thats the main point though. Its a money thing. Think of how many people use a wheel (Lots) then they would probably set the server to wheel only and there would be nowhere for me and the many other non-wheel users to play!
This is the difficulty of the 'Hardcore Mode' I want to see in LFS (but not unforced, as LFS needs to keep the current pick-up-and-play-even-though-it-is-quite-realistic mode).

There needs to be a compromise between allowing only what is realistic (no minimap or F9/F10 overlays, interior views only), what isn't realistic, but is necessary for a game (F11/F12 overlay perhaps), and what isn't realistic (kb/mouse users should be allowed imo).

But we've got to make sure that any restrictions do not adversely effect people who WANT hardcore modes but cannot afford to comply with the strictest realism.

-1 to keyboard/mouse/wheel division
+1 to other restrictions
Quote from Speed Soro :
Other, and that is not my topic, but yours, is "Why there are so much WRs under mouse/kb controllers".

The funny thing is, there aren't "so much WRs under mouse/kb controllers".
And that is because it is NOT easier (at least in terms of car control).
Just show me all those WRs from mousers, I can't find 'em.

edit: Also, show me anyone who used to play with a mouse, than bought a wheel, and got slower because of that.

edit2: btw, why doesn't F1 use keyboard and mouse? It would look so cool. And it would be easier for them!
"The DeppChef" *lol*
I don't see it as being such a terrible idea

Everyone seems to be jumping to the worst case scenario, all he is asking for is the option to set a server up that way for a league race, not all league races not all public servers – just one little league race in Brazil.
What’s so diabolical about that?

The more options we have the better imho.

It would also mean that if one desired they could set up a race just for kb users which might be a good idea and someone might decide that’s what they want to do. Does that mean they want all servers to run just kb? No just the one little server for an event they want to run.
No harm will come of such options, no harm is intended by such options, but such options give event organisers more flexibility to create events tailored to specific groups. It in no way forces all servers public, league and private to abide by that one condition

The way people are talking here they should also be up in arms about all the demo servers set up to run just the gti around blackwood, how discriminating is that! What about all those that want to race rwd around blackwood. We should stop them immediately and only allow all cars on every server! Just to be fair
Just because I might choose to race the gti around blgp doesn’t mean that I desire that all servers run that combo and all players must do the same.

There is enough variety and people out there that there is no fear of a simple server option forcing out all mouse and kb drivers and only allowing wheel drivers, I think too many people have watch one too many tv shows about conspiracy theories illepall

+1 to the idea as I see it gives flexibility and don’t see any serious downsides to it
#21 - Gunn
If a person wanted to run a wheel-only league I wouldn't complain. I have no right to tell a league organiser nor a server admin how to run their races, nor do I have the right to dictate which players should have access to his servers. Nor do I have the right to access any server in LFS if the server admin doesn't want me there. It isn't my server, I don't have default access just because I have a license and an Internet connection.

I wouldn't worry about there being no servers to join either, there are hundreds already lying in wait and plenty of people choosing not to use them. It's a bit odd watching people fight for the right to access a server that they might never visit anyway, and our community is certainly uncontaminated by packed servers currently.
Even if forced hardware options were introduced, there would still be the same dedicated group of server admins providing servers for all to use and there would still be the same group of passionate racers neglecting them.
Quote from TheDeppchef :The funny thing is, there aren't "so much WRs under mouse/kb controllers".
And that is because it is NOT easier (at least in terms of car control).
Just show me all those WRs from mousers, I can't find 'em.

edit: Also, show me anyone who used to play with a mouse, than bought a wheel, and got slower because of that.

edit2: btw, why doesn't F1 use keyboard and mouse? It would look so cool. And it would be easier for them!

it might just be me, but i think you've missed out on some irony.. but again, it could just be that i sensed som irony/sarcasm where it wasn't supposed to be!
Quote from keltern :it might just be me, but i think you've missed out on some irony.. but again, it could just be that i sensed som irony/sarcasm where it wasn't supposed to be!

I actually thought he missed mine, as he seemed really serious regarding the "mousers are faster"-issue ^^
i use a mouse & i use wheel and pedals....and i find (prolly just my set) but i can control rwd cars BETTER using wheel and pedals than with a mouse...but the mouse has the advantage of being there during my IGRN stints (aka I Gotta Race Now) where i will race anything and everything...even the bf1 round blackwood lol
I'd just like to get this out in the open:

Speed Soro, you are on CRACK... illepall

If you don't understand why then there's no use in explaining it to you, because "I won't discuss it." (see how ignorant that sounds?)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG