The online racing simulator
Quote from keiran :
Was it 2003 Rubens was doing the better job again and Schumacher demanded to have Rubens race car which had out qualified him?

Can't be 2003, since post-quali parc fermé rules were in place by then. I'd rather think he'd have switched to the t-car with Barichello's setup in such a case. That, however, was a very common was of handling things with all teams before parc fermé rules were put in place.

Other than that you're pretty much spot on about Alonso's abilities, anyone who seriously doubts them must have missed quite a bit since his entry. He is hard on his fronts (that was stated by a few experts, it was quoted on TV this weekend, forgot who said it, though), which is not so much of a factor though since Michelin provides Renault with other tires than say McLaren anyways and can consider this. But it is within reasonable use of tires and can only bite him in extraordinary conditions.

Quote from StewartFisher :Clearly Schumacher's aggressive driving style caused his engine failure...it's all his own fault.

Right. First Engine failure in 6 years and maybe 2 or 3 other technical related retirements in that period. He must really destroy his cars. NOT.
Quote from Hoellsen :Right. First Engine failure in 6 years and maybe 2 or 3 other technical related retirements in that period. He must really destroy his cars. NOT.

You may need to read the thread on the Chinese GP to realise that my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote that
Quote from keiran :

Just while I remember didn't you claim this...

Now that's spiteful and childish, never would I step so low to wish someone death or serious illness illepall

I was shocked when the first few laps went by and Alonso's Renault was staying in touch with the Bridgestone's. Taking just over a quarter of a second a lap out of Schumacher at certain periods over the GP. Pity about Raikkonen his McLaren obviously came alive in the race but spent most of it trying to make his way through the field.

So what happened to Schumacher last year when Rubens was actually doing the better job at the start of the season? Was it 2003 Rubens was doing the better job again and Schumacher demanded to have Rubens race car which had out qualified him? We have no idea what Schumacher could do/ not do with the Renault and all we have to base drivers performances on is there team mates. Now this year Alonso has thrashed Fisi pretty much in every race and to think this is Renaults most experienced race driver next year

Alonso has been near enough the top running Michelin runner all year if memory serves me correctly and has done fantastic drives in the Minardi back in 2001. He also pulled out some very spectacular drives in his early days at Renault as well.

Some people seem to forget the budget of Renault is pocket money to Ferrari and McLaren and I'm just amazed at how well they most spend it. Thats one of there critical problems me thinks is trying to keep/get drivers but not have a good enough sum. Alonso's pay will probably double at least when he heads off to McLaren.

Schumacher had an engine failure, the same thing happened to Alonso at Monza. Without that Alonso would have had one hand on the championship already. What JB has pointed out shows me stastically Alonso has been the strongest mentally when things go against him. Schumacher has caused his own retirement twice, Alonso - zero.

One last thing who was slagging off Alonso's engine management and praising Schumachers

VERY VERY VERY WELL SAID keiran
Just 3 words:

Great, great, great!
Quote from zeugnimod :Just 3 words:

Great, great, great!

Ditto ditto ditto, did anyone see what Alonso did after the race with the car and so many people said that it is so unreal in lfs and now Alonso proved it can be done
Yes I must admit that Alonso did demonstrate some AMAZING car control at the end there. But I still stick to my opinion about the physics, although their not as bad as I thought they were. However he was going at say 100 mph, and you can do that in a BF1 at 200 mph, and also don't forget that he is IN the car and therefore has a zillion times more feedback than we do. Its too easy to do that in the BF1, and that is because of the lack of high downforce drop-off with yaw and pitch in the BF1. (I say "high" because it is implemented, but the effect is FAR more extreme IRL)
I don't really care who wins. Would be nice to send off Schu as the champ, I'd like him to defend it if he wins though, and I also like Alonso and I would like to see him attempt to defend the title from a McLaren seat.

Anyway, like in all sport whoever does win, they deserve it. There's virtually no luck in F1, you can't be lucky (with random crashes and debris as exceptions I suppose), you get what you deserve and you never get what you don't deserve. Alonso/Renault's good luck for MS's Ferrari to fail? No, if Ferrari build a car that is incapable of finishing the GP then they don't deserve to win, no matter what position they are in when it fails. If MS doesn't win, it's purely because he hasn't scored enough points this season
i suspected that Michael's engine would blow. I just had a crazy feeling after the china race that his engine would blow at suzuka. i even asked in previous threads about his engine after the china race. I actually covered my mouth in shock when the engine blew.
Quote from Gabkicks :i suspected that Michael's engine would blow. I just had a crazy feeling after the china race that his engine would blow at suzuka. i even asked in previous threads about his engine after the china race. I actually covered my mouth in shock when the engine blew.

Yeah, and the strange thing was, in China the commentators said Alonso should be careful with HIS engine (to save it for Japan) when he was trying to catch Schumi. Other way around I guess lol.
I like this article

Very interesting about the Media Center

I like this quote, "These are not team orders, you understand, these are voluntary decisions of the drivers involved."

But I have to disagree with the writer about Toyota. I think they did well to start third and fourth and finish sixth and seventh. You can't complain about a double points finish. That means only 6 cars on other teams got points.

speedfreak227

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG