The online racing simulator
Hi,

I'm Rik L. , I am from Netherlands.
I Know LFS since about the S1 Demo (dunno wich version)
I play LFS S2 Licensed since about may 2006.
My nickname on LFS is Rik@NL.
The most of the time i play on the server "C I T Y L I F E by CLC"
I'm also a skinner, and i'm trying to make some good things in 3dsmax.
Here's some renders of me:
http://www.freewebs.com/rikatn ... ik%40NL-LFS-All_skins.jpg
And this one: (Warning for 56k users, big size; 1600x1200)
http://www.freewebs.com/rikatn ... ion_Renders-1600x1200.jpg

I Like all cars in LFS

Oh yeah and almost the most important: I am Using Gamepad (Logitech Wingman Rumblepad)

Well.. That's about it.
See You Around
Hi every1,
I downloaded the demo version a week ago (but i knew about this game for over a year now).I tried the demo for some time and i decided to buy this simulator,cause it's worth it!
I am only 3 days s2 licensed user and i can't wait to see all of u on the tracks!
Quote from SamH :Welcome Cacciari and DM05! You've made the best decision, to buy S2! See you on track!

we sure do
why dont you get a license
Hey guys, I'm just a demo racer, but may eventually get an S2 Lisence, I can't say I love LFS more than Gran Turismo, but it is a great sim, with realistic physics, and very fun to drive. (Wish it had more real cars though) When I get better, I may be posting here more often.

Also, since I'm still a beginner, where should I go to learn better driving skills in LFS? (I am already pretty good at GT4, so I know about racing line and braking points and such, but with LFS it feels like there is more I should know )

Anyway, HI!
:wave2:
well... you have to do the same things in gt4 that you have to do in lfs... get around the track as quickly as possible .

LFS is just more realistic .

you say you are good in gt4, but not so good in LFS? do you have a steering wheel?
alot of people think they are fast in gt4 untill they look at the world records online and see they are 5 seconds off pace.

i havent played gt4 in months since my dog thought the cd might be a tastey snack... but from what i remember, gt4 felt alot twitchier but at the same time... the grip of the tires and suspension felt very arcadey and simple compared to LFS. there are tons of other flaws already mentioned millions of times with gt4 .

I am one of the original gran turismo fans btw. I had the playstation underground cd previews of gt1 and i own every gran turismo game.
I actually figured out I could use my GT steering wheel with LFS, and it's is much easier, but it is hard to get used to this new game.

Also, I probably don't compare to World records, but I have completed all the missions, and barely beat 34, so if you want to use that to compare, then I have enugh talent to just barely do that, but I don't know how that compares with the best drivers. (I've seen you at a GT forum BTW, don't want to give away the name if it's considered advertizing though)
you mean the gt force with the blue rubber?
Quote from MINICOOPER120 :Hey guys, I'm just a demo racer, but may eventually get an S2 Lisence, I can't say I love LFS more than Gran Turismo, but it is a great sim, with realistic physics, and very fun to drive. (Wish it had more real cars though) When I get better, I may be posting here more often.

Also, since I'm still a beginner, where should I go to learn better driving skills in LFS? (I am already pretty good at GT4, so I know about racing line and braking points and such, but with LFS it feels like there is more I should know )

Anyway, HI!
:wave2:

hi mate, welcome to LFS.You have done well and did right.
Hi all.

I played LFS back ages ago when I reistered and then went away for a while but now I'm back and loving it more than ever. Absolutely loving the XF GTi racing! Can't get the hang of drifting and it seems all the drifters are rude pricks that don't want to help at all except ban you.

Now I need to get a new wheel because I sold my MOMO force I got spedifically for this game, looking at the G25, any other ideas?
Hi to you all! Not really so new to LFS, playing it since S1, but still, i bought a licence not so long ago, and now, i'm kinda happy I spend most of the time playing Cops&Robbers stuff, my fav car is XRT with a drift setup
2Davo Well, i'm a drifter, and i ain't a prick, find me online and i might teach you all i know My S2 name is Funnycat.
Hi :))
Hi ) I got my S2 license yesterday and I'm cruising around, getting familiar with the new tracks and cars ) I played the demo for about a month but I decided to wait for my license before I say "hi" to you guys ) Great thanks and respect to the devs ) Best game (simulator indeed) ever ) A must-buy ) Greetings from Bulgaria )
hey m8 welcome !!
Quote from The_Templar :Hi ) I got my S2 license yesterday and I'm cruising around, getting familiar with the new tracks and cars ) I played the demo for about a month but I decided to wait for my license before I say "hi" to you guys ) Great thanks and respect to the devs ) Best game (simulator indeed) ever ) A must-buy ) Greetings from Bulgaria )

Welcome to S2, enjoy your stay, drinks and refreshments available daily*.

*Drinks and refreshments not actually available in-game.
Quote from The_Templar :Hi ) I got my S2 license yesterday and I'm cruising around, getting familiar with the new tracks and cars ) I played the demo for about a month but I decided to wait for my license before I say "hi" to you guys ) Great thanks and respect to the devs ) Best game (simulator indeed) ever ) A must-buy ) Greetings from Bulgaria )

Welcome, enjoy your stay [joke]and don't forget your raincoat at the end of final turnS2 & S3 [/joke]
Quote from Ricerguy :Welcome, enjoy your stay [joke]and don't forget your raincoat at the end of final turnS2 & S3 [/joke]

Ignore him, he is just being 'smart'.
why can i not join a server on lfsworld, and in the game on the servers there is none!
If you want to join by clicking the link on LfSW, you'll need the tool Join2LfS... You can get that from here...

About ingame: Make sure you set S2 servers before you click "List Servers" and if that wasn't the error make sure you set at least one filter setting on the bottom of the screen to "show"...
i also wanna say hi there
i've been playing lfs since s1 and just bought the s2 license 2 weeks ago and i'm really happy with it^^ can't stop racing the bmw sauber....
my name ingame is also Mr_Whoopee
<- S2'ed! :banana:
Hi

Had S1 and S2 for ages, but I never really got into it. Still, I have a wheel now and I'm having fun - I'm just hopelessly slow!
Quote from Lowe :Hi

Had S1 and S2 for ages, but I never really got into it. Still, I have a wheel now and I'm having fun - I'm just hopelessly slow!

Aah yes, a wheel makes all the differnce. FFB is assume?
Quote from Lowe :A Momo

They are also good, but DFP or G25 is the real thing. At least that is what I have heard.
not really - Momo is JUST as good as a DFP

New players say hi here
(3706 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG