The online racing simulator
one step back ...
(166 posts, started )
Yes, Geraldine is doing most of the technical support (help desk) now. She isn't going back to an office job since leaving her old job to have our baby. She wants to be able to look after him full time, and we are lucky enough with my job, that she can do that.

And of course Leo sleeps a few times in the day, so Geraldine gets some chances to do the technical support - which takes less than an hour most days. I only have to help her with one or two mails at the moment (she's already been doing it for a week). It's quite a reasonable job for her to add to her LFS duties - as she always did our accounts anyway ever since we became a business.

So LFS development won't suffer in any way. There is just a lot more for me and Eric to do, to finish S2, and not enough to fill Victor's time. So it's natural that he wants to be able to do something else with his time.

I just want to say thanks to Victor for all that he has set up here. LFS couldn't run as an actual business if it wasn't for what he has done with the websites. And it's great that he is still around and ready to do server administration and maintenance whenever necessary. We aren't losing all that knowledge he has that we can't do without. He is really not leaving us, he's just stopping the help desk and active website development.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, Geraldine is doing most of the technical support (help desk) now. She isn't going back to an office job since leaving her old job to have our baby. She wants to be able to look after him full time, and we are lucky enough with my job, that she can do that.

And of course Leo sleeps a few times in the day, so Geraldine gets some chances to do the technical support - which takes less than an hour most days. I only have to help her with one or two mails at the moment (she's already been doing it for a week). It's quite a reasonable job for her to add to her LFS duties - as she always did our accounts anyway ever since we became a business.

So LFS development won't suffer in any way. There is just a lot more for me and Eric to do, to finish S2, and not enough to fill Victor's time. So it's natural that he wants to be able to do something else with his time.

I just want to say thanks to Victor for all that he has set up here. LFS couldn't run as an actual business if it wasn't for what he has done with the websites. And it's great that he is still around and ready to do server administration and maintenance whenever necessary. We aren't losing all that knowledge he has that we can't do without. He is really not leaving us, he's just stopping the help desk and active website development.

all the lastest news i know theres going be a v patch right is that been pulled back?
Quote from Victor :That leaves room for me to keep my eyes open for something else to do (not LFS related).
See you around!

See YOU around!
hoping to get news here from you about your new (music?) activity

And it's bit confusing but still positive to see internet enterprise on the edge becoming profound family business :goodvibes
Damn, I was about to post that the LFS tech support is run by LFS ai

Enjoy your time, Victor (and remember to play lots of LFS ))
#81 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :all the lastest news i know theres going be a v patch right is that been pulled back?

of course there will be a V, but there will be a U21 and U22 first - and seeing as Victor is replaced by Geraldine, and Scawen still is the only coder then it shouldn't
Sad to hear we wont see your funky avatar so much with your priceless contributions to LFS.

All the best Victor, hope you find more enjoyment out of your new interests!
good luck victor!
See ya Victorrrrrrrrrrrr!

BTW, why not do something with that autoxtest stuff? For instance, leave maintainership to someone else, or release the code, or make it an extra package for downloading... I believe it would be a waste to throw away such good work. Unless you have other plans, of course.

Now I get to bug Scawen if I have anything to ask or request about LFS translations! Woohoo!!!
So Scawen, after reading your post, that means that if we need an unlock or something of the sort, Geraldine would be the gal who would be assisting us with that? If so, just warn her about getting used to going and adding an unlock to a "dawesdust_12" becuase it happens rather plenty :P Also would that mean that possibly in patch U21, her name be added to the Credits page?

------

It is sad though that Victor is leaving, mostly because of all the unlocks he has given me, always at a feverish pace because usually when I need 1, I need about 3 or 4 within the month due to PC problems. I bid you farewell and good luck Victor. Hope that you make some fricking awesome music for LFS (would be cool to have more)
Quote from Scawen :Yes, Geraldine is doing most of the technical support (help desk) now. She isn't going back to an office job since leaving her old job to have our baby. She wants to be able to look after him full time, and we are lucky enough with my job, that she can do that.

well done, good !
All the best Victor in whatever extra you want to do....
#88 - vtx
Good luck and thanks Victor!
Wherever you'll go, I'll be right there waiting for you .... Here's something for your lonely nights nightmares :P Keep on Rocking, vic!
Attached images
tongue.jpg
Quote from ORION :....So he can concentrate on the interesting things, making some new website stuff for LFS,........

That's what I thought but

Quote from Scawen :....he's just stopping the help desk and active website development.

That doesn't sound to me like we are getting new website stuff anytime soon.
Thanks for everything Vic, good luck in whatever you find to fill your time.
Victor, thanks , we will miss you
Good luck! in whatever You'll do .
Thanks for your work and good luck Victor
lol all the thousands of newbies asking questions could wear anyone down in that position after a few months. you've been doing it for years. hope you find something refreshing to do with your freetime.
#96 - th84
Good luck Victor, thank's for alway's answering my stupid question's!
Take it easy man, and have fun. I work a phone job dealing with idiot problems all day too, so I know how wearing that can be. Luckily I get to bring my DFP in when it quiets down at night and hotlap at work! muahahaha! Thanks for LFSW, it's a masterpiece <3
Just promise, that you will look after yourself & stay positive

I always enjoyed speaking to you Victor, never high & mighty, and always with a smile.

Please stay in one peice

Sincerely

Alan
heh, i cant say more than others already have, good luck for the future vic, lfs will miss you!
Now its Scawen, Eric and Geraldine!!

Good luck to the new TEAM!!

Victor, thanks for everything, hope to see you around once in a while still!

one step back ...
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG