The online racing simulator
Race Manager for S2?
(26 posts, started )
Race Manager for S2?
any plans on releasing race manager for S2? i loved it as server tool for S1, especially because of the flags (which are now in the game) and the track changer.
track rotation is perfect for servers, where the admin isn't always online but voting is disabled

hope there will a new S2 version out soon, since the one i found on the race manager homepage said, it supports only 0.3 and not the S2 alpha
Quote from Dizzy74 :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1363

hm i don't know what you mean, since i wasn't talking about the spectator tool but the race manager and the race manager tool is something completely different....
#4 - HASTA
Quote from DasKlee :hope there will a new S2 version out soon, since the one i found on the race manager homepage said, it supports only 0.3 and not the S2 alpha

RaceManager supports S2P.
ok thanks - i never tried it because only 0.3 was mentioned in the readme file

will try it as soon as i get my faster DSL connection then..

EDIT - forgot to ask..

since S2 uses the 3 letter car tags, will race manager use them as well (in the track changing tool) or will it still use the old car tags (one letter for each car)

if the one-letter method is used, which are the correct letters for the S2 cars?
Hi DasKlee,

sorry you are right . I mixed something up here.
#7 - HASTA
Quote from DasKlee :EDIT - forgot to ask..

since S2 uses the 3 letter car tags, will race manager use them as well (in the track changing tool) or will it still use the old car tags (one letter for each car)

if the one-letter method is used, which are the correct letters for the S2 cars?

Never saw car tags in RaceManager. You mean track tags?
no car tags - in the track changer, you could assign the track, the car and the number of laps - like FE1:R:5 would mean 5 laps in the MRT5 around fren bay club - and you could do this for a series of tracks so that your server would change automatically and stay interesting. the change wozuld come after the set number of finished races.. like a change every 5 completed races
#9 - HASTA
Yeah i noticed that in the RaceManager config.

[TrackChanger]
TrackChange30s = A new track will be loaded in 30 seconds
# Number of races on the same track
numRaces = 2
# Number of seconds between the time everybody passes the finish line, and the track change
secondsBeforeTrigger = 30
# List of tracks to select. Format: track:cars:laps
tracks = AU1$parking:FR:3,AU1$drivingtest:FR:3
# Pick the tracks randomly (True), or not (False)
useRandom = False

But no information given in the file about car tags.
I understood why the car tags are not given in RaceManager config. RaceManager have no relation with car tags. RaceManager acts like an admin. He uses admin commands for changing tracks and cars. So car tags are like in S2's admin commands.

Taken from readme file of LFS:

Quote : Car Strings :
-------------
The /cars command for the startup command line or for hosts / admins
now uses the three-letter S2 car codes.

Example :

/cars=XFG+XRG :Allow XF GTI and XR GT
/cars=MRT :Allow MRT5 only

These Car Groups can be used as well :

ALL - all cars
ROAD - road legal cars
RACE - race cars
TBO - same as XRT+RB4+FXO
LRF - same as LX6+RAC+FZ5
GTR - same as FXR+XRR+FZR

The plus and minus symbols can be used in conjuction with these :

/cars=TBO+LX4 :Allow XRT, RB4, FXO and LX4
/cars=ROAD-UF1 :Allow all road cars except the UF 1000

ok that would mean the new tags (3 letter) would be used. in the old example, the tags were FR for xFg and xRg

but i guess you're right. if it acts like an admin, it should use the S2 tagging method and it should work automatically.

i was not sure but i never looked at it this way
What exactly does this thing do?
a lot

it has some useful server-applications integrated .

it used to give blue and yellow flags way before LfS was able to do it itself,

you can have rolling starts with it,

it has a qualificationmanager that records your fastest laptime on the server and gives you a notification if you drive a new server-PB and it also calculates the position of your PB on this server - if there were 14 faster PBs on the server, it tells you, your new fastest lap will put you in 15th place..

it has server welcome messages if i remember correctly,

you could use it as in-sim gateway to run more than one in-sim application at the same time

and

best of all (for me) it has the trackchanger, where you can predifine a track/car/lap routine, which will be eiter used in the given order or randomly. if you want the server to change tracks all 5 races, you can define the list of tracks and also the specific race lengths and car/track combinations and the changer will load your preconfigured combination every 5 races. so if you want a 4 lap mrt race around SO1 followed by a 3 lap UF1 race on FE1 followed by a 5 lap GTR race around BL1, you just put these combos in the tracklist and the changer will load them automatically
Have you already installed it and it works in a proper way? I downloaded the Race Manager, Python 2.3 and this other python tool in order to use the GUI, but I have no idea how to bring these 3 tools and LFS together in order to manage the server. Do I have to install also the dedicated host from here http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=addons ?

I know a lot about configuring computers, programs and such stuff and my English isn't that bad, but I've reached I point now where I actually don't know what to do. This seems to be too difficult as for being a practical solution for an average user.
I got the race manager up and running and most things seem to function, but I need help with one thing. In the track changer, I know how to set the tracks apart from how to tell it to use the reverse version of the track. How?
to get the reverse track you just need to add R after the track code

eg for Blackwood Reverse - BL1R

or Aston Historic Reverse - AS4R
Glad you like the program . That's correct, it uses a /car and a /track admin command to set the car and track. Just set it in the config file as you would as an admin.

I haven't updated RM in a while, mostly because it still works even after all the updates, including S2. If there are issues with it, just let me know.

Quote from Sunday Driver :Do I have to install also the dedicated host from here http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=addons ?

It is not a program geared towards "players", it's made for server admins. So, if you want to use it, you need to set up your own server using the dedicated host you pointed to.
I know, it's a very very old thread, but I want to ask: Where can I get this manager for dedicated servers? (http://silk.lfsnal.org/RaceManager.html is down) I really need it. Thanks.
I don't belive its working with the lastest LFS version, many things have changed in insim
And any another (working) version of this type of program out there?

Race Manager for S2?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG