The online racing simulator
A NFS style SKIN MAKER~~
(20 posts, started )
A NFS style SKIN MAKER~~
I'm wondering if someone can make a programme that enable ppl to put the logo or pics on the different parts of the vehicle just like what we do in NFS underground

I mean the programme can devide the skin into several parts such as bumper , front engine, hood....and the user just need to put pics on these parts by click the button..

Also this programme can be combined with the lfs viewer and let the maker can instantly have a look at what he had done...

so that's much easier for maker design and those who is not very good at ps stuff..

is there any possible to do so..?
#2 - TiJay
Never gonna happen. It's really not hard adding logos in photo software.
#3 - neRu
Speak for yourself. I think's its very hard to get the lines from the side to fit the front, back and roof.
Quote from neRu :Speak for yourself. I think's its very hard to get the lines from the side to fit the front, back and roof.

actually he is speaking for a lot of people.. it really isnt that difficult to line up decals, ads, text or what have you. Its all about practise, the lfs skin viewer also makes it very easy to view your skin and fix any errors...
once you know how to do it, it's easy

i think it would be somewhat interesting to see a program similar to how NFSCarbon does paint jobs, along with trackmania nations, and also street legal racing; where you ACTUALLY paint the car in 3d

obviously you have limits to programs like that, but for people that just want to throw something together.. i think it would be quite nice if you can add your own pictures and things (obviously being able to have an alpha layer would be extremely helpful in situations where the skin is a different color than white or black or whatever)
#6 - Mc21
download the master skinnerz pro kit that comes with the wireframe.
Heck, even the original NASCAR Racing came with a skinning program.

All my cars had flames
so did Viper Racing. I remember after every race I won,I got a new sponsor and repainted my whole car
#9 - dewyl
if u like NFS just play it but leave LFS ,NFS sux ,whatever another NFS lover n00b illepallillepall
The best you could do is have someone make a .psd file with hundreds of different combinations of colours, decals and vinal...then offer the file for download, people select the parts they like in a combination they like...then just save it as a skin for the car.

Good luck though because it takes me hours to do 1 skin, doing hundreds of combinations would take ages.
Quote from dewyl :if u like NFS just play it but leave LFS ,NFS sux ,whatever another NFS lover n00b illepallillepall

This post is entirely unnecessary, bordering on abusive and downright ignorant. Why bother posting this? Just go away and make yourself a coffee instead. Come back when you have something positive and constructive to say.

Quote :Originally Posted by neRu
Speak for yourself. I think's its very hard to get the lines from the side to fit the front, back and roof.

Actually the program you seem to be describing is not concerned with the tricky task of aligning textures on the wrapover points of the 3d mesh, all you are taking about is something to put writing/logos etc in the middle of panels, roof, hood, etc.. This is really so easy to do, it's not worth writing a program. I think this 'dumbing down' of the skinning process is bad as it will stifle creativity and end up eventually with a load of skins all looking the same.
lfs and its skin viewer, its 3d modelz skinnin method, give u more freedom, than the gamez u were talkin about. i mean in those gamez you can't make really unique textures.
I know those prgz, wid a programmerz point of view, and i can say they aren't so precise like lfs' method.
As the guys said u can use many public skins from many sites, and its very easy to modify the number and the racerz name on em. i think if u know the microsoft paint, i cant b a problem.
Quote :I think this 'dumbing down' of the skinning process is bad as it will stifle creativity and end up eventually with a load of skins all looking the same.

Yeah, even though I enjoyed making my own skins in the skinning part of Trackmania, it was never any photoshop. And eventually the limitations proved frustrating enough that it wasn't fun anymore. Eric would probably ultimately have to make a LFS photoshop like program to please everyone, as just positioning stickers would quickly lose it's novelty. Better to learn a 3rd party app instead. There are great tutorials all over the web (maybe Al can point out some good ones related to LFS skinning in particular), so why not learn something new?
As said, the Mater Skinnerz kit makes it REALLY easy to do a skin, to put some logos on the door of a Rb4 and a number slot took me five minutes.(it gave it that standard race car that anyone can buy look)
Master Skinnerz site also has some good LFS-skins related tutorials, not just for Photoshop users.
Somehow, even though I keep seeing the name "Master Skinnerz" in this thread, I can't see the link. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thank you very kindly!
Skinning a car isn't hard to do really. It just depends on exactly what you want as to it's difficulty. I think an in-game car skin editor would really be severely limited at best. The only other race game I played that had a
skin editor was NASCAR 2003. It had some variety, but not much.
Quote from dewyl :if u like NFS just play it but leave LFS ,NFS sux ,whatever another NFS lover n00b illepallillepall

hey, just a suggestion for the MOD people, LFS still my favourite,ok? And NFS's not so sux anymore, as i saw your WORDS...illepallillepall

The programme may limit ppls' creativity, but that's a good tool for the beginners. NO OFFENCE ^_^

A NFS style SKIN MAKER~~
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG