The online racing simulator
LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
LFS in the news
Here we should post links and infos about LFS in the printed news, TV, Radio, Conventions etc (sticky pls. )
wow! original post

ill edit this once news showup.
#3 - (SaM)
Nice interview ,
Quote from Sean_S35 :Nice interview ,

thank you :P

I am also planning on doing a full review of the game once the final version of S2 is released. If you guys have any more questions or comments about the interview, feel free to tell me here or on the bytesector forums.
#6 - (SaM)
Well done on the interview. Though:

"..and can be downloaded for free on their website."

That might give people the wrong impression. You can (just as any other game) play the demo for free or pay for full content.
Yes you can download the whole package with S2, but it's just a demo if you dont unlock it with a purchased license.
#8 - avih
Quote from Victor :Sim HQ's thoughts about the S2 Alpha: http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports2/motorsports_056a.html

Great review although it underestimates the importance of setup department:
Quote :LFS ships with very good and very driveable setups. I haven’t found much reason to change much in the default setups but you can adjust things like camber, suspension, gearing, brake balance and down force to mention just a few of the options.

#9 - avih
LfS Review at gmx.de

one of the largest freemailing services in germany and also a well known OSP with a large newsportal

quite a good review of the game (IN GERMAN !)
I was attending a car show a couple of months ago here in NZ. Most of the cars there were ricey show car bullshit... One fellow however, had some sit in f1-style simulators setup, and a big projector screen on spectate mode watching the racers... And what game was he using to demo his simulators? Why LFS ofcourse! I naturally put down my $5 and had a race, and put on a drift show for the spectators which went down rather well (i drew a pretty freaking big crowd!). After that the fellow that was running the simulators told me to stay put because he wanted to race me, hah! Was a pretty close race, but i pulled ahead right at the end to take the win.

Here ends my ego-inflating story . Was very very cool to see LFS somewhere other than my study-room however.
Sounds like this company: http://www.trinity-racing.com/

Was it them? If so, thats crazy... because I just saw them at the Champ Car - San Jose GP. But they were playing GPL and rFactor But some LFS fans were there And they agreed that with LFS loaded up, it would've been a better example of a simulation.

I have yet to see a LFS on-show display. Maybe I'll have to put together one someday. Would be cool if LFS was at E3 someday (only an hours flight away)
PC Format, Sept 2005 has LFS S2 on the cover disk!

Unfortunately no review or article as far as I can see
They just put the file there without any info? lol
Yup =/ Nothing in the magazine - it isnt even listed in the "whats on the disc".

All thats there is this (see attachment)
Quote from Starion83 :I was attending a car show a couple of months ago here in NZ. Most of the cars there were ricey show car bullshit... One fellow however, had some sit in f1-style simulators setup, and a big projector screen on spectate mode watching the racers... And what game was he using to demo his simulators? Why LFS ofcourse! I naturally put down my $5 and had a race, and put on a drift show for the spectators which went down rather well (i drew a pretty freaking big crowd!). After that the fellow that was running the simulators told me to stay put because he wanted to race me, hah! Was a pretty close race, but i pulled ahead right at the end to take the win.

Here ends my ego-inflating story . Was very very cool to see LFS somewhere other than my study-room however.

i think that may have been this show: http://www.simulators.co.nz/C4.wmv ?
ahh that's cool, I want one of those motion simulators :P
GameStar 10/2005 www.gamestar.de
Test: Not the best written test, some errors in it (WTF is a vinyl-editor?) still 83%

PC Powerplay September/2005 www.pcpowerplay.de
Setup guide (4 pages, pdf will be up soon), setups, skins and replays on DVD. (Test in last issue, about 90% )

Now my favourite:
Autobild Nr. 35 (2.9.2005), page 52. see attachment. Well, one wrong link in the text, but short and pretty well written. Edit, NO wrong link
Attached images
autobild.jpg
lol, vinal editor. somebodys been playing a lot of nfs underground.
Jardier from Czech e-Racing Team, who also drives in real professional races, has been interviewed on TV about Live For Speed. The video has about 5 minutes. I've made a translation to english subtitles, so it shouldn't be hard to understand what they're talking about

The video can be downloaded from liveforspeed.cz:
http://www.liveforspeed.cz/dow ... _breakout_jardier_lfs.mpg

English subtitles here:
http://manga.sk/Pictures/tmp/Ocko_breakout_jardier_lfs.srt

note:
You need MPEG2 to play this video. If you'll encounter some codec issues, download MPEG2 decoder (unzip the file and run register.bat, to uninstall execute unregister.bat).
THX Rumiko fantastic translation thx a lot
nice video
without the translation, I would have been lost!
Quote from ORION :nice video
without the translation, I would have been lost!

try to download video with subtitles
hehehe nice vid.... took me a while to get into the czech language again... live in UK .....

shame "Most" isnt in the game its a great track

mad

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG