The online racing simulator
Quote from Tweaker :It will be we available for most people I am sure.... that just sounds like a typical Support response where someone doesn't know what is going on

I am pretty sure Asia will get their fair share of the G25, if it didn't that'd be really stupid Probably will take a bit more time for it to reach Asia, or specific countries in Asia.

I agree, I think you'll be ok, try some investigating on other forums, as there are probably a lot of GT4 PS2 user forums that might have more users than here
gear stick is on the wrong side anyway
Because the wheel is close to coming out, its so easy to wind up your mates online. I got a mixed reaction the other day on Beckys server telling them I got it. Some demanding what it feels like, how did I get it etc. As I recall, Sam called me a git! *think that was for having a faster time, and he wanted my setup, not really sure*

You gotta try it, its a great laugh.
Well i got my advanced unit yesturday through my company.

Still strugling to set it up properly at the momemnt but all looks good so far.

Troy
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That guy placed his order after you did, so just maybe that date is for the second shipment - since he can't get any from the first one? :hide:

that guy is me
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Wee, 1-2 weeks on dabs I so can't wait.

[edit: Make that 5-7 days. Wee]

Make that more than 4 weeks :O (or that's what it says right now after I've checked

good thing I gotta save up the money before buying... they might actually be avaliable when I have the cash!
ARGHHH it didn't say that this morning!!!
Silly question, but for you all that have it, do you think it's an advantage? Do you all think that you will be able to get faster times then with the momo or DFP?
Speed in LFS isn't decided by equipment. You can use a 15$ mouse/keyboard combination and be just as fast as someone on a G25 or some insanely expensive FREX-equipment or a ForceDynamics seat.
It's more about immersion and the fun of driving.

Vain
Yes I understand that, but before I buy it I don't wanna get something that will make me have slower lap times. The main reason I want this is for the real factor, just wondering...
Quote from Vain :Speed in LFS isn't decided by equipment. You can use a 15$ mouse/keyboard combination and be just as fast as someone on a G25 or some insanely expensive FREX-equipment or a ForceDynamics seat.
It's more about immersion and the fun of driving.

Vain

Having an analogue throttle and brake is the main advantage. And being able to make tiny adjustments mid corner etc helps, but yeah i've seen some uber fast Keyb/Mouse people, I think it's not as intuitive though
Really, you can be potentially as fast on a £10 Sidewinder or a £180 G25 or a £3,000 motion setup. But some things, such as force feedback, make it easier to go faster. Others such as a H shifter, will slow you down a tiny bit. Its all about having more fun though, and increasing the immersion.

With a clutch/H shifter in LFS, you will be slower. But after a couple of months pratice with it, you won't be noticably slower, and infact gain an advantage in a lot of situations. Once LFS gearbox simulation improves, there should be more of an advantage to using a manual clutch.

Gameseek still saying 10 days..I hope it doesn't get pushed back like dabs.com..not played LFS since I parted with my DFP a while back. Getting withdrawal
Quote from Racin Jason :Yes I understand that, but before I buy it I don't wanna get something that will make me have slower lap times. The main reason I want this is for the real factor, just wondering...

Well, I have an 180°-wheel and I'm getting a G25... Why? Easy: The more degrees you have to steer, the finer you can dose the steering, making you smoother and, in the end, better...
Sure. And with the more grippy leather you can hold the wheel better, making you a lot faster. And the brushed metal looks nicer, so you feel better, which is worth another 0.2 secs. And the fewer noise from the FFB-system makes you concentrate more and listen to LFS's sounds more, which is an obvious advantage in laptimes. And the metal pedals deform a lot less, giving you more feedback so you're faster again.

Danger, sarcasm.
I'll propably also buy a G25 sometime soon. But I'm surely not going to do it because of my laptimes. That wheel will rather reduce your laptimes by some one or two tenths because of LFS's bad H-shifter support (i.e. lack of gearbox simulation), but it's a lot more fun to heel-and-toe, even if you spin if you do it wrong.

Vain
Quote from mr_x :Make that more than 4 weeks :O (or that's what it says right now after I've checked

good thing I gotta save up the money before buying... they might actually be avaliable when I have the cash!

Well that sucks. It keeps on changing I hope I don't have to wait a month. If I do I might just cancel the order and pay more to get it from somewhere else.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well that sucks. It keeps on changing I hope I don't have to wait a month. If I do I might just cancel the order and pay more to get it from somewhere else.

Maybe Dabs just (pre)sold out of their initial assignment of stock, and now they're showing the expected eta of their 2nd batch since the first lot are all spoken for?
Quote from Robster230 :Maybe Dabs just (pre)sold out of their initial assignment of stock, and now they're showing the expected eta of their 2nd batch since the first lot are all spoken for?

I live with hope. Would make sense though. One would hope that is anyway.
Quote from Vain :Sure. And with the more grippy leather you can hold the wheel better, making you a lot faster. And the brushed metal looks nicer, so you feel better, which is worth another 0.2 secs. And the fewer noise from the FFB-system makes you concentrate more and listen to LFS's sounds more, which is an obvious advantage in laptimes. And the metal pedals deform a lot less, giving you more feedback so you're faster again.

Danger, sarcasm.
I'll propably also buy a G25 sometime soon. But I'm surely not going to do it because of my laptimes. That wheel will rather reduce your laptimes by some one or two tenths because of LFS's bad H-shifter support (i.e. lack of gearbox simulation), but it's a lot more fun to heel-and-toe, even if you spin if you do it wrong.

Vain

Ok sunshine, I wanna see you driving round a track fast with a sharp (fast steering) setup on my wheel... Because there is no way you could dose your steering as fine as with a DFP or a G25... And what makes you think I buy it for laptimes? I'm estimating better laptimes as a result, but not as a reason...
Anyone know if the clamps on the wheel and shifter have a quick-release mechanism?
(Sorry if it has been asked already).
Quote from sinbad :Anyone know if the clamps on the wheel and shifter have a quick-release mechanism?
(Sorry if it has been asked already).

They are similar to the Momo and DFP (you must wind them up to tighten etc). Also included in wheel pedal and shifter bases are threaded recesses so you can bolt each device down if you wish (listed in the manual as "hard points for secure mounting").
/me gets drills ready, and tries to keep them hidden from the poor unsuspecting desk
Just don't saw the clamps off like you did with you old wheel...
Is the G25 being shipped to retails oh places like Best Buy? Or more of a gaming specific shops.
I just realized, don't the clamps tristan sawed off, aren't they removable with a screw driver?
Shut It. Shut It Now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG