The online racing simulator
Wouldn't it be cool... (dreamers thread)
... If a team could map entire towns/counties for use in the LFS engine hehe

Sorry I know this impossible, a bit random and is edging towards off topic but was having this thought on the way to work this morning.

I work about 8 miles from home, and the entire journey is backroads with little traffic, and was thinking how good it'd be to drive the journey in the FZR or the LX6 etc.

If you could get a map for a journey, what would you choose? I chose my route to work, because although I've done it quickly, I'd love to see just how quick I could do it, without breaking any laws or bones.

Maybe i've not had enough sugar today :zombie:
#2 - CSU1
a map you say , humm.... Mine would be a trip through the Dublin mountains in fxo I guess
The back roads between Bishop's Stortford and Ware. When I was a young idiot I used to do the drive in just under 12 minutes (I dont know the distance, but it involves speeds up to 120mph to do), i'd like to try and beat my record but the fear of killing myself and 50 other people prevents me from attempting it.

The route is interesting, starting with a fairly open and wide country lane as you approach Much Hadham the road dips into a tight hairpin, there's then a hump back bridge (read jump!) and a turn left onto a narrow country lane wide enough for 1.5 cars. You drive through two fjords and into the village briefly before opening out onto a hilly but fast section of road. My memory gets a bit vague now but I think the next village is Wareside, on the farside of which is a viscious double-s that you can't safely cross over to the other lane on - which you do anyway because it gives you an extra 30 odd mph and a faster exit onto a long strait road with a bridge in the middle. Taking the bridge over 95 you get all the wheels off the ground.

The road then becomes a quite narrow two lane backroad with lots of twists, turns and gradients and all hedge lined before descending down the hill into Ware itself.

I timed myself from the national limit sign as a left Stortford to the 30 sign as I entered Ware.
Personally?

The N5,me still being a young idiot, I've torn up and down that section of road between Switzerland and Northern Italy so many times, the gradients, the turns, the road surface.... bliss. (while only passing through on a tour, some of the sections were worth repeating a number of times)

Till you come up from knee down round a corner and you're staring at the back of a caravan, still doing 80mph on an alpine road, then you get your brembo's on!

This was coming back out from Italy into Austria, at 9000ft, chilli con carni boils at about 50 centigrade, and my touring buddy's tiny radiator meant frequent cool down stops to stop pre-ignition in his cylinders!

That bike got me from the middle of Austria, to my house in Surrey, in TWENTY SIX HOURS(inc ferry ride). (average speed for germany - 128 mph, loaded with panniers) and yes... I did do it all in one go, best ride EVER.

Quote from Becky Rose :The back roads between Bishop's Stortford and Ware.

Heh, I used to travel this route at speed in my old Astra Mk I gte as a younger person. Glad i never met you coming the other way, or I guess neither of us would be about now to tell the tale.
There's a public lake at me town, it has some nice dirt roads, perfect for a 2 min. rally stage
#7 - cdub
It would indeed be fun...

Here's the map of the road I educated myself on/ It's in Kuringai Chase National Park in Sydney, it runs a loop down to a marina (with cafe ) and back uphill, all the while offering about a one-foot margin of error either side of the road.

With the bumps and occasional high-speed sections it can feel like the Nurburgring (if you're imaginative), but you're only maxing out at about 80-100 km/h (50-60 mph) - a good thing for safety and your license's sake (limit is 60 km/h).

I came close to hitting a kangaroo there a while back and have since been taking it a little slower. Hmm... animals in the next LFS update?
#8 - Jakg
well the Healy Pass in Ireland (...and ajoining roads) are quite good for a thrash (...although i haven't driven on it, just been driven around in a rubbish Almera), ill check my Flickr account and see if i have any pics...
Quote from cdub :It would indeed be fun...

Here's the map of the road I educated myself on/ It's in Kuringai Chase National Park in Sydney, it runs a loop down to a marina (with cafe ) and back uphill, all the while offering about a one-foot margin of error either side of the road.

With the bumps and occasional high-speed sections it can feel like the Nurburgring (if you're imaginative), but you're only maxing out at about 80-100 km/h (50-60 mph) - a good thing for safety and your license's sake (limit is 60 km/h).

Not the road down to Coal & Candle Creek by chance?

I used to run a mate with an alfasud down the twisty bits in my TD Gemini, used to leave him wondering where i'd went mind you the guy was very conservative driver and it was only a alfasud ... Great bit of road back then 1980 - 82ish

Think the fav road was Galston Gorge though did it in a company Saab Turbo around the same era trouble was the limiter kept cutting the ignition, hate those safety devices but boy those things were quick and remarkably stable in their day
Down by the lake there's a 'waterfront trail.' I live in a relatively built up town of 92 000 people (according to the sign on the highway when you enter Ajax). By the lake it is actually very very nice, and the paved trail has some sections that are very interesting to ride on my bike; I'd love to scale the whole place up about 200% and take a rally car through there. Several places I WOULD bite the dust on if I went any faster than I do on my bike, I can just imagine what it'd be like in a car. There's one really serpentineous section which is fun, and another section which is two sharp right angled corners (left then right). Heading west, the right hander has the roots from the surrounding trees popping up through the pavement which has caused me to loose my breath numerous times, almost ending up in accidents.

There's also one short section by Rotary park which isn't paved. It starts off with a steep dropoff where it turns from pavement to gravel, then continues back up to the left, flattening out into a slight right which leads onto a long (300 metre?) footbridge which snakes about through the entrance to the wetlands (Where the lake meets up with the land in this spot its sort of a marshy swampy area. A LOT of Seagulls like this area, so you'd better be wearing some clothes you don't mind getting 'dirt' on ).

After about 7 or 8 km from the Hardwood Point Gardens (War memorial, where I begin my Waterfront portion to my bike ride) it starts to get into an uglier and less glamorous area. I usually stop when I get to the first chain-linked fence keeping trespasers off of the power plant property. Sometimes I go a few km further, though. There is some interesting riding sections a in this area, but the scenery isn't very glamorous.

It's quite a pleseant ride, really. The part which I hate is the 15 or so km getting to and from the lake along Harwood avenue. Riding along it is so.. boring. If I could find an interesting route through the town to get to the lake, I might push myself to go riding again every morning after work; although, it is getting colder outside now so I might just pack the bike up for the winter and wait until the spring to figure out the new route.

Anyone from the Ajax, Ontario area here?
Quote :Heh, I used to travel this route at speed in my old Astra Mk I gte as a younger person. Glad i never met you coming the other way, or I guess neither of us would be about now to tell the tale.

I nearly managed that just fine without you, ruddy dustcart (twice), ford mondeo and a tractor ... I eventually learned without hitting any of these, when on one slippery wet morning on four remould tyres I descended into the hairpin near Much Hadham with the overhanging trees and skidded on the leafs... Funny thing is I was only doing 25mph behind another car that day, but I went between the chevron signs on the hairpin because I couldn't slow up at all...
This is what me would like: Me Area
Pan left and you see a nice straight mile run. (Which I do not speed across )
Personally I would like to see the Isle of Man TT course in LFS, I would probably wet myself with excitement if that happened. Personally I think the TT course would be better than Nurby illepall
I'd love to see that Nurgurbuing *sp* 10 mile track on LFS , Imaging it on the BF1 and the UF100.
#15 - Vain
I am doubtful about the TT course versus Nordschleife bit, but I guess we're both biased.
Anyway, every cool old track get's my .

Vain
A long moutain / hill road thats really twisty and alot of elevations. Barries either side so no room for error would be amazing to race down. Wouldnt be possible to race against someone but time trial style.
sounds a cool idea
#18 - CSU1
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :sounds a cool idea

Whats that then sully???
And how come you where on forum yesterday day!???
Where you not in school ,on the hop yes?
haha no day off !!!why wer you not working ehhhhhhh
#20 - CSU1
Quote from 11SuLLy11 : haha no day off !!!why wer you not working ehhhhhhh

Heh! work yeah if thats what you want to call it
Yep was and still am in work
hehe you work as web design ???
#22 - CSU1
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :hehe you work as web design ???

Na!!! I work in Automotive Distribution ..Yeah!!! crap.
Becky: Took that route on a driving lesson the other day I think- bloody good fun (it is the road with the sorta banked turn with chevrons/lines on it right?), even though I never topped 60. I would hate to drive in Stortford in a game though- what a horrible place in terms of driving. Gotta take my test there

Also, the country lane route (Crooked Mile?) from Chelmsford looks fun.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Personally I would like to see the Isle of Man TT course in LFS, I would probably wet myself with excitement if that happened. Personally I think the TT course would be better than Nurby illepall

We don't want either Nurby or the TT.

We want ........

The Mille Migila!
Who is "we"?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG