The online racing simulator
Quote from hrtburnout :Woohoo! Schumi won ! I'd like to see Alonso's face when Schumacher wins this season

yeah me too.. would be a picture!
Yes, if that would have happened in LFS he'd probably have been called a noob. Quite rightly
Quote from Becky Rose :I think Renault's right rear tyre mechanic took a bribe from a man in a red raincoat! lol. Talk about throw the race away, but Alonso did drive superbly.

I ask one question:

Why did Alonso needed new fronts, while fisicho didnt?

Ah right, might be his "digital" full lock steering style... So that was imho not a bad luck day from the pitcrew or whatever, he messed it up by killing his tires, cause he simply CANT drive saving tires. If he now claims "tires didnt work at the middle etc." you have to question him: Why did Fisichos work? Why couldnt he save his tires? He wont have an answer to this, cause seeing own mistakes is not something the big champions do easily (MS too...)
I too thought it was the Super Aguris fault until i saw the onboard of kamikaze Barichello.

It was a pretty good race. Didnt really expect Schumacher to beat the Renaults but im glad its all tied up with 2 races left
It would be great if they ended up with the same points on the last race. It could be possible but it probarbly will be Schu or Alonso with 10 more points on the last race.

What happens if they finish the season with the same points ?
Funny race. When Alonso stopped for the new fronts and no new rears I was laughing my ass off, what an unfortunate thing to "have" to do. Lol. Pity Räikkönen had a technical again, he could have mixed up the pack even more towards the end. The rain made it quite interesting, and I was hoping it would start to rain really heavily when there was 5 laps left and everyone had dry tyres

Last lap incident was great, just like Massa and Coulthard, Barrichello noobified himself and Heidfeld.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :and I was hoping it would start to rain really heavily when there was 5 laps left and everyone had dry tyres

That would've been great.
#58 - robt
Quote : Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnIllusion
and I was hoping it would start to rain really heavily when there was 5 laps left and everyone had dry tyres

That would've been great.

Well it was only 2 laps late :P
Quote from nutty boy :What happens if they finish the season with the same points ?

The person with the most wins gets it. If thats a tie then most seconds and so on..
Oh confusing. I was hoping it would be something like a race-off.
I don't think he really needed new fronts (they didn't look THAT worn and before that his pace was rather fast, at least better than Fisichella's..), he probably just thought new ones were better when they really weren't.

The rear wheel incident however is very amateurish for a team in a world championship fight..

(And they don't know how to catch the big bottle either)
And unfortunately, Schumacher has more race wins in this season atm.
Quote :Why did Alonso needed new fronts, while fisicho didnt?

That's a very good question, and I wish I knew the answer. It would require access to the telemetry and tyre analyses though.

Maybe he didn't keep them cool enough, maybe pressures where too low, maybe the front end geometry wasn't right?

Historically the Renault has been ultra-conservative on tyre wear, at least up until the mass damper was banned, but i've no idea if that was ever the case in the wet as real comparisons are hard to deduce.

Tactically I think it was a mistake to change tyres, but perhaps they feared a puncture, or the tyre had been flatspotted, and so leaving it on wasn't an option?

Without the telemetry there is no way to know.
Well, Renault said, that Alonso claimed, he had burned his tires in first stint. Same said mr eyebrow himself, and therefor they switched to nu fronts...
We all know Alonso is going to win. Button FTW in 07/08!
As soon as Schu retires it'll be Alonso with 7 championships. It's boring when someone wins race after race. It would be great if different people won races.
Quote from zeugnimod :And unfortunately, Schumacher has more race wins in this season atm.

unfortunately?

I am a real schumi fan, yes. Lotsa people say Ferrari is a FIA pet (like in teacher's pet), but Ferrari is not the bad guy all alone. Schumacher was also fooled by Alonso more than one time (overtaking while red flag was out? who did he overtake? a VERY slow alonso. what was the penalty? ten places back in grid).

I hope Schumi will win the Championship one last time. Anyway, equal what will happen in the last races, Schumi retired the best time he could do: on top (or slightly after the top) of his career.
Yes, unfortunately, because I dont like Schumacher and dont want him to finally retire with yet another championship win.

My opinion.
Quote from nutty boy :As soon as Schu retires it'll be Alonso with 7 championships. It's boring when someone wins race after race. It would be great if different people won races.

Yeah that should be no problem with McLaren's insane reliability record
IF they both get 1st at one of the next races and 2nd at one of the next race, i believe that schumi is champion!(due to the tie breaker)
Quote from Rappa Z :IF they both get 1st at one of the next races and 2nd at one of the next race, i believe that schumi is champion!

yes, because then they both have equal points and then the driver with more victories is winning
yea, thats what i mean, i believe that Schumi is one win over Alonso right now.
Kimi will take over while at Ferrari.
I would absolutely hate to see schumey win another world title, as his win at all cost (all costs, even cheating) attitude is disgusting. Alonso is a better driver, and, because he races fairly, it would be great to see him ruin Schumachers (end on high) career.

Go Alonso

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG