The online racing simulator
Post your best replays
(80 posts, started )
Some great replays on show here.

I've noticed that all the close racing so far is in tin-tops. What about the open wheelers?
Is there such thing as a close FO8 race? When I say close, I mean wheel to wheel.

I know I've never seen one.
2 Demo Server XF GTi Battles
It's me again with some more xfg demo action.. :P

Feat. [WD]>NAi<[FiN] & Ramon F. in both (and he won 'em too ) Close racing from beginning to end
Attached files
battle vs ramon xfg.mpr - 804.3 KB - 244 views
battle vs ramon 2.mpr - 976.5 KB - 289 views
Quote from farcar :Some great replays on show here.

I've noticed that all the close racing so far is in tin-tops. What about the open wheelers?
Is there such thing as a close FO8 race? When I say close, I mean wheel to wheel.

I know I've never seen one.

Best I've had is a few laps pretty much side to side with someone in an FOX. If I remember correctly I fudged it... after a while racing I always end up overestimating the capabilities of that car.
here's a replay file of a very close battle. After many frustrating races i'd worked my way up to 2nd place and battled for 5 whole laps. :P winning by only a few feet.

FZR vs FxR. i dont think were were more than 1 second apart during the race. :P
Attached files
awsome battle.rar - 1.4 MB - 246 views
Here's another clip from same server I think. Some nice battle between finnish drivers. Lap 2 may be little boring but lap 3 starts pretty close. Also I made a stupid error after lap 4 thinking the race was over and stepped off the throttle - BING - one more lap to go and pressure builds

I think you wanted open wheel battlings here but hope this will do in the meanwhile
Attached files
AS3_GTR_goodrace.mpr - 1.6 MB - 295 views
As3 GTR Battle feat. [WD]NAi[FiN] & Todd Wasson
vs Todd Wasson
Some more of the same kinda stuff from As3, interesting bit starts from the beginning of lap 3

vs Turbo-Love
Driven just moments ago, great race. Watch for my PB on lap 3
Unfortunate lag crash ended the magnificent battle on the last lap, but remains an outstanding drive

O.o nice race Hyperactive, pity I had to leave..
Attached files
battle vs todd wasson.mpr - 1.2 MB - 308 views
battle vs Turbo-Love + pb.mpr - 756.9 KB - 291 views
those were 2 pretty good battles one thing though ; if you have FZR and you're being chased by an FXR, you should do what i did in my race :P. If its fzr vs fzr its not of much use though. and of course only for use if you're just defending a position (guy in front of you is too far ahead)

Keep em out of ur slipstream!!! :P
Quote from Gabkicks :those were 2 pretty good battles one thing though ; if you have FZR and you're being chased by an FXR, you should do what i did in my race :P. If its fzr vs fzr its not of much use though. and of course only for use if you're just defending a position (guy in front of you is too far ahead)

Keep em out of ur slipstream!!! :P

SHHH!!!!!! They're not going to give me a chance now LoL..

The FXR doesn't stand a chance against especially the FZR if they dodge, XRR is not too bad to drive against because it accelerates out of the corners a bit slower than the FZR (I don't see too many ppl who manage to keep the turbo boost high in slow corners)

Only prob with following ppl who dodge is that I run with so little downforce I generally go skidding all over the place even on straights :P
There was a close call after T1 in one of the two above, almost drifted too far.

Still, good fun to drive against faster cars, gives u a kick trying to keep up with them. I always drive better in such races than when hotlapping
Here's something different. FE green, five laps. I'm in an LX6 and the other three guys are in XF GTR. Great race that was back and forth up until the last lap. I feel bad for El_Bitcho. He was clearly faster than the rest of us, but just couldn't get by.

El_Bitcho
Hitman_MT
lambchop44
Attached files
FE Green LX6.mpr - 471.9 KB - 302 views
And now for something completely different: UF 1000 @ Kyoto Oval. Drafting all the way through the 3 lap race, going 4 wide, looking left and right more than forward. Must be the closest and most random racing combo. Great fun!
Attached files
great race uf oval.mpr - 402.3 KB - 310 views
#37 - n2cu
One thrilling fight between 2 FZR over 5 laps on ASNation. At the last lap in front of the chicane the other decided to break early (realy fair, because i think he was in front and i was going to break for him, but he breaked much earlier so i took the win). Normally we both drove 1.43.xx but the fight made us much slower. Have fun. http://rapidshare.de/files/7999441/super.mpr.html
5 Lap FXR Battle at Ky GP Long REV
2 FXRs featuring Me & (cP) Clownpaint, some energetic chasing and daring, sweeping passes!
Attached files
battle vs cP ky gp long.mpr - 981.2 KB - 299 views
I've had some really nice races online. Wheel to wheel, lap after lap. But I always forget to save them.

What follows in not a hotlap, race, spectacular crash, wrecker, or weird occurance. It's a bit different. It's me, alone, offline, in "get to the end of the race" mode. It's something I'm proud of. This one isn't terribly consistant, but it will do.

FOX at South City Long
20 laps - R1 Tyres
Total Time - 32:55.57

For those who correctly assume the replay will be boring:
  • 34.34 1:10.48 1:46.30
  • 28.15 1:03.28 1:39.06
  • 27.77 1:02.97 1:38.71
  • 28.20 1:03.31 1:39.08 (where is my brain?)
  • 27.86 1:02.71 1:38.69
  • 28.21 1:03.37 1:38.99 (lobotomy?)
  • 27.80 1:02.81 1:38.43
  • 27.83 1:02.62 1:38.30
  • 27.97 1:02.93 1:38.55
  • 27.92 1:03.07 1:38.50
  • 27.76 1:02.78 1:38.34
  • 27.71 1:02.41 1:38.07
  • 27.63 1:02.74 1:38.19
  • 27.95 1:02.70 1:38.32
  • 27.50 1:02.34 1:37.94 (whoops :-))
  • 27.68 1:02.71 1:38.36
  • 27.78 1:02.79 1:38.17
  • 27.70 1:02.39 1:37.82
  • 27.63 1:02.70 1:38.24
  • 27.37 1:02.09 1:37.31 (I could run a tank off on R1s.)
[EDIT won't TAB in a list, FWR... ]
Attached files
GURU^vSlarty^vA_SO4_FOX_FINISHED.spr - 775.6 KB - 271 views
GTR Battle Vs SF_Mafiosi At Aston Historic
Another excellent GTR race between me and SF_Mafiosi. Neck and neck for the last 3 laps.

Track: Aston Historic
Laps: 5
Cars: FXR, FZR

Attached files
battle vs sf_mafiosi.mpr - 1.4 MB - 306 views
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Another excellent GTR race between me and SF_Mafiosi. Neck and neck for the last 3 laps.

Track: Aston Historic
Laps: 5
Cars: FXR, FZR

Whoa, I'm lagging a lot there. And I thought I had a reliable connection. Nice battle there
It's my replay.. and if you look, everyone lags. My connection was really terrible that day. Think I must of reconnected to dSRC Battles #2 alone over 20 times :\ Good last race against you too
Here's a replay from a Figure 8 track that I whipped up. Keep your eye on CoopZ. I collide with him on about the fourth or fifth lap and send his car flying nearly out of the park! This track is just plain awesome with 8 guys on it. By about the 5th lap people start spreading out and the X becomes a killing zone.
Attached files
flying car!.mpr - 158.1 KB - 298 views
BL1 7-lap FXO Battle vs [BAR]Charly
Me and [BAR]Charly battle it out in a 7-lap Bl1 thriller with FXOs. Watch for the pass that begins the duel on lap 3.
Attached files
battle bl1 fxo bar.charly.mpr - 1.4 MB - 284 views
Some widget action, MRT @ SO2R. Battle between Hyperactive and GM AC!D for the first three laps. Too bad there was a touch that ended a race. Nice fair battlings!

PS. I can still hear the MRT sound in my head

PS. Is there any way to cut the replay? I mean this has at least 2 mins additional stuff after the finish...
Attached files
SO2R_MRT_battleh.mpr - 1023.4 KB - 245 views
I think the replay stops when you pit.

Thats the only way I know of, so I guess there is another.
I've posted this earlier but here it is again...

This is me driving with a very bouncy and difficult setup against five unlucky AI victims who are also using the same setup

EDIT: Some really good replays here. Such a joy to watch a clean race between skilled drivers.
Attached files
bouncyracing.spr - 968.7 KB - 216 views
Aston Club FXO
Here's one pretty fast, clean, close and hard race between 3 FXO's at the front on AS2 from start to finish. Other races from that night had more spectacular moves but this one was the closest as a whole. Enjoy.

Excellent combination for racing, I didn't see it posted here so far.

Boris also made a little movie about it.
http://www.ultrashare.de/f/137 ... FXO,_fenomenalna_trka.rar
Attached files
waaaaa what a race strashno.mpr - 754.9 KB - 155 views

Post your best replays
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG