The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
How long are you going to keep this argueing up? The stewards judged your case and as it seems many drivers are happy about the decision. You're a hazard - at least on rallyX-tracks.

Vain
Quote from Vain :How long are you going to keep this argueing up? The stewards judged your case and as it seems many drivers are happy about the decision. You're a hazard - at least on rallyX-tracks.

Vain

On RallyX-Tracks, i hate them! Vain you have raced me loads on AS NAT, have I been a hazard to you? You have even commented on my driving before now in a good way, its such a shame that it was rally x
I hate RALLY X! But i had to start there, i didnt want to but that was that, wish i had not signed up until the rally was out of the way because i hate them
James, enough is enough. This is not the STCC forum, and it is not where appeals are received.

You know where the STCC forum is, you've placed your appeal there and you have received a final decision ON THAT forum and, I gather, by email as well.

If this continues any further on THIS forum, it will have to be regarded as forum disruption and actioned accordingly. I don't want to have to take anything that far, so please drop it here and now.
The case is already long closed. I've already answered James' points, asking again hasn't changed anything.
this thread has died since my fun!
yeah am in this event but wheres the event dates ect
You are on the waiting list faster, which isn't quite the same thing and is why i've not given you lots of details . The series is over subscribed at this time, although the waiting list isn't that long.
Quote from Becky Rose :You are on the waiting list faster, which isn't quite the same thing and is why i've not given you lots of details . The series is over subscribed at this time, although the waiting list isn't that long.

but it says am a driver?
WHY ON EARTH DID YOU PUT FASTER IN THE LIST! He cant drive to save his life!
In keeping with my determination that abuse and harassment of fellow members on the LFS forum will not be tolerated, I have given James an infraction. This trend of abuse has to stop.
Quote from SamH :In keeping with my determination that abuse and harassment of fellow members on the LFS forum will not be tolerated, I have given James an infraction. This trend of abuse has to stop.

uhm, im not being cheeky or out, but whats an "infraction"?

and if you dont mind me saying, faster111 does sort of bring it on himself for posting things which we are obviously going to pick up on. id have thought after a few times hed learn, but obviously he doesnt. im in no position to question his driving ability as iv never raced him (i will be on monday but untill then i havent).
Quote from Captain Slow :uhm, im not being cheeky or out, but whats an "infraction"?

It's a red card, basically. James has been sent off for a few days.
Quote from Captain Slow :and if you dont mind me saying, faster111 does sort of bring it on himself for posting things which we are obviously going to pick up on. id have thought after a few times hed learn, but obviously he doesnt. im in no position to question his driving ability as iv never raced him (i will be on monday but untill then i havent).

The difference is that there is nothing malicious in faster111's posts, but there is far too much malice in some of the responses to his posts. faster111 has, to all intents and purposes, been bullied on this forum for far too long, and it will not continue any more.
Quote from SamH :
The difference is that there is nothing malicious in faster111's posts, but there is far too much malice in some of the responses to his posts. faster111 has, to all intents and purposes, been bullied on this forum for far too long, and it will not continue any more.

hmmm u sort of have a point i suppose. although generally when i see something you class as "bullying", i tend to see it more as sarcastic humour, but i suppose then id be classed as bullying. *shuts up before i get a ban*
Quote from Captain Slow :hmmm u sort of have a point i suppose. although generally when i see something you class as "bullying", i tend to see it more as sarcastic humour, but i suppose then id be classed as bullying. *shuts up before i get a ban*

I understand and hear what you're saying, and I've thought long and hard about it myself already.

Sarcasm is a difficult humour to relay on a written forum, because it's usually delivered with facial expression - more often than not, with NO facial expression. It's called "dead pan". On a written forum, this part of the essence of sarcasm is absent.. but when you remove that crucial element of the humour, what remains can be read as a cruel remark.

Don't forget, you only have control over the words you write. You don't have control over how those words will be read. Choose carefully
Quote from SamH :It's a red card, basically. James has been sent off for a few days.

Ok, this may be an 'infraction', but I have to ask - did you read the threads where several of us tried (for many, many hours) to help Faster with his graphics problems? In my view he abused us.
I'm not saying he deserves to be bullied - that's totally wrong - but to punish James for something that could fall into the category of 'fair comment' could be construed as a degree of bullying in itself.

Serp.
In direct response to your question, yes I did read those threads. I'm also not going to even guess at whether the suggestion in James's post was true. That particular aspect is completely irrelevent.

In my opinion, James's comment was uncalled for, inflammatory, derogatory, and exactly the kind of post that will no longer be tolerated. It is my responsibility as a moderator to protect members from that kind of posting. I'm sure you'd expect me to do the same if you were on the receiving end.
Quote from SamH :In direct response to your question, yes I did read those threads. I'm also not going to even guess at whether the suggestion in James's post was true. That particular aspect is completely irrelevent.

'True' does not necessarily equate to 'fair comment' So it sort of makes the interpretation of James' post relevant.

Quote : In my opinion, James's comment was uncalled for, inflammatory, derogatory, and exactly the kind of post that will no longer be tolerated. It is my responsibility as a moderator to protect members from that kind of posting.

Fair enough, you're the moderator. That's your job. But might it have been prudent to give James a chance to explain his position?

Quote :I'm sure you'd expect me to do the same if you were on the receiving end.

Well, actually, with respect, I'd rather you left me to fight my own battles.

Serp.
Yes James' post is uncalled for, well the tone of it anyway if it's not meant sarcastically but the question to be asked is does Faster111 bring it on himself?

Socially would you act like Faster111 in the real world? No, and I doubt he does either. From his previous posts I gather he is at/going to college and I very much doubt he'll be asking every 2mins for help and then refusing to take the help given onboard because he thinks differently etc. That's unsocial behaviour in my books and he was never as to my knowledge told by an moderators to either take the advice or don't bother asking and wasting others time trying to help. Please don't take this as a comment against the moderators, from what I've seen you lot are as fair as you can get but it's just a point that there's two sides to the story. This isn't a personal attack at Faster111 but an observation.

There are people in the `real` world who are bullied for things which they can't help and that is just plain wrong, no question of that, but then you also have the people who bring it on themselves. What Faster111 does isn't something which I'd class as can't be helped, it's just not how he'd act in the real world amongst his friends or fellow students at college. Even his spelling can be helped by typing his posts up in a program with a spell checker, I do that most of the time and even though my spelling isn't all that bad it just means I can learn from my mistakes.

I really think that a moderator should maybe PM Faster111 and tell him to calm it down when he posts and think whether it's worth posting. A perfect example was when he posted a replay saying he got the WR when he wasn't close, even people fighting for the WRs don't do this and it's because where is the need? Would you go off phoning all your friends saying you won the lottery even though you hadn't checked your ticket against the winning numbers?

I don't want to enter into a long debate about Faster111 but this is my opinion on the whole situation he seems to create and I don't think I'm alone. In this case the tone of James' post was uncalled for but in most cases I've seen been `cracked` down on if you like, I can't help but feel Faster111 brings it on himself.

Keiran
Well lfs had not update in a hile so what is there to talk about? and i am clam sorry if Ie dosnt have spell checker well its not my flauty.
Firefox 2.0 Beta does have a spell checker, and it works rather well, especially against me and my quick typing always stuffing the word because up. faster111, we know that you have good intentions, but I still think that you could try and up the quality of your posts, namely grammar and spelling.

I also sort of want to see how faster111 can drive, becuase I will admit, I am rather concerned about how faster111 will handle these cars because I think that in fasters case; he could be a very productive and quick LFS community member but I haven't seen his driving prowess, nor his grammatical prowess.

/me awaits to see faster111 in his first race.

EDIT: double checking my post, I must have added becuase as a correct spelling of because because Firefox didn't detect that :S
Quote from Serpentine :'True' does not necessarily equate to 'fair comment' So it sort of makes the interpretation of James' post relevant.

The infraction was given for the reasons I already made clear, and not for reasons of "truth" or "fair comment".
Quote from Serpentine :Fair enough, you're the moderator. That's your job. But might it have been prudent to give James a chance to explain his position?

Actually yes, I am a moderator, and James's position is specifically the reason the infraction was given. I might have given James a chance to explain his position, but frankly I decided I'd seen enough.
Quote from Serpentine :Well, actually, with respect, I'd rather you left me to fight my own battles.
Serp.

Great, provided you don't play those battles out on the forum.

Quote from keiran :Yes James' post is uncalled for, well the tone of it anyway if it's not meant sarcastically but the question to be asked is does Faster111 bring it on himself?...

I don't want to enter into a long debate about Faster111 but this is my opinion on the whole situation he seems to create and I don't think I'm alone. In this case the tone of James' post was uncalled for but in most cases I've seen been `cracked` down on if you like, I can't help but feel Faster111 brings it on himself.

Keiran

This is the STCC thread, and we're completely off-topic.

faster111 no more deserves to endure scrutiny and/or debate than anyone else. It's simply not acceptable to treat or regard faster111 as an object or sub-human, to be discussed and/or degraded on LFS's official forum, and I will not watch it happen any more.

If you don't like what you see posted by people, then I'm asking (again) for people to move along and resist posting personally derisive or derogatory, mean, unkind, or disrespectful content.
I'm not even interested in reading that lot.

Faster111's application to join the STCC seems to have caused concern, i've had MSN's about it and there's been a few posts.

I have never pre-judged anybody in joining the STCC, but as the drivers well know I certainly judge you once you are in and i'll drop kick you with the lead boot of doom if you mess up the racing.

Because Faster111's application has caused so much concern I have expressed to him that the STCC is a premier series and that when his space comes up in the waiting list he'll need to be ready.

I'm in the position where I get to race Faster111 in another league, if I dont think he is ready I will tell him, but unless what I see is truly aweful - and I shant mention certain names relating to this thread on that point - I wont be denying him entry and it'll be his decision.

At the end of the day the drivers we have in the STCC cover the high to pretty good skill range, if a drivers comes in below that level they'll have no-one to race against and find it boring. It's it is as much in any interested drivers favour to only join if they think they are good enough.

This isn't pickup racing afterall, it isn't the cream that sits ontop of the coffee either, the STCC is the little chocolate bits that sit on top of the creame...
Whilst I do think that faster could try a little harder at times, he is picked on too much at times. But I do not think he his ready (or rather, as ready last time i raced him on Wednesday) for a league like STCC or LXCC etc.

However, I'm willing to give the event organiser(s) and the entry criteria the benefit of the doubt that sub-standard drivers, not just faster111, be disallowed participation. Becky will look after everyones interests; of that have no fear.

Finally, Sammyboy, I agree with your stance, and your position. To Serpentine: This is a not an open forum where you can do what you like and run things how you like - it is a private forum present for a specific purpose and hosted, with rules, by certain individuals. Those certain individuals elect a few members to moderate this forum and maintain certain standards, and it is there right to tell you what to do, or how to do it. If you think it's bad here then try RSC and you'll see what it is REALLY like at time. This forum is exceptionally open and gently moderated (which is a good thing), but certain rules about harrassment HAVE to be enforced to make it acceptable.
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG