The online racing simulator
Great!

why didnt u put a lil bit of mesh smooth on it
- that would get rid of sharp edges, nice render tho
mesh smooth on what? what is dupson talking about lol you can't just smooth out a game model by a mouse click you have to remodel the whole car

i like that skin so much though
ye xactly.. a whole shit loads of work...

i starting rebuilding XRR and man its gotten complex.. but hey when its done its all smooth and nice and ready for real render work
My first try making carpark scene...
Attached images
carage.jpg
Quote :My first try making carpark scene...

lol had the same idea so here my first renders.
i still have problems with the light settings but i will work on it.
Attached images
render gar xrt 06 big.jpg
not sure about a garage scene as such; but keep in mind that all light that enters it is either through open sections that come from the top, and most of the light comes in from the sides where it is usually open
on most multilevel carparks, each level is open on all sides; and usually on a single floor, it is often closed completely on one side so.. if that helps
luckily i saw this the other day:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=402395
that may help you get where you need to go lighting wise
actually i thought that after importing model to 3dsmax you can apply "mesh smooth" then,

sorry if i was wrong.
well technically you can, but this is what will come out

trust me, this may not look bad, but if you have 3dsmax or anything and smooth it just straight from the cmx model, there are billions of problems all throughout the mesh since its made with triangles; and to ensure a clean smoothed model, polys have to have 4 sides (there are times when triangles are okay, but those are only certain areas under certain conditions)

once again, this may not look bad, but that is only because of the way eric models by splitting each section into a seperate element, which causes the edges in places to be split apart (which occurs due to triangles)

but if this were to be rendered normally with better lighting etc. .. it would look horrid lol
Attached images
fzsmooth1.jpg
fzsmooth2.jpg
our servicecar.....just still in progress
Attached images
UFR1.jpg
Quote from --PoDo-- :our servicecar.....just still in progress

Cool monster...Podo,

got anymore?!!
Maybe we should make another thread for modz for LFS cars.
I dont know if the lads mind if we would post some "non" LFS modz here...
i wanna share some 2 maybe...
there already is - the custom car thread
on Masterskinnerz yeah.. but here aswell?!
dont know about Master Skinnerz - but theres definately one here!
Quote from Jakg :dont know about Master Skinnerz - but theres definately one here!

link please
-
(tyyp88) DELETED by tyyp88
no way those spokes would hold up the wheels lol they are waaaay to thin
im not engineer lolzzz
Why do you have to be an engineer to know common sence?
maybe they are made out of some crazy strong reinforced titanium alloy and are strong enough even being that thin.
either way they are ugly lol

but even when you think about it; no matter how strong the metal it is made out of, it has rotational forces acting on it, the bump forces and whatever else to go along and it adds up really
lol if something were to hit it really hard or you hit a hard pothole, and there wasn't a spoke reinforcing it, it'd probably colapse and you'd have an oval wheel
Quote from XCNuse :either way they are ugly lol

but even when you think about it; no matter how strong the metal it is made out of, it has rotational forces acting on it, the bump forces and whatever else to go along and it adds up really
lol if something were to hit it really hard or you hit a hard pothole, and there wasn't a spoke reinforcing it, it'd probably colapse and you'd have an oval wheel

relax, i want to say that this is my first ever made 3d model and the wheel does not have to get in manufacturing, dont worry it was just a little exercise
my mates missed some bunnies....so here we go again...in topless FZ5
Attached images
FZ5-42-bunny.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG