The online racing simulator
Lancia Delta S4
(30 posts, started )
Lancia Delta S4
Hello

Yesterday I browsed a little bit through my video folder on my HD and found some nice rally movies.
I have some Pikes Peak movies where you almost only see the Audi Sport Quattro or the Peugeots 205 and 405 but almost never you see the Delta S4?
The same is with rally games -> You have the Audi, the Peugeots and the Delta Integrale or the 037 Monte Carlo, but I have never seen a game where you could actually drive a Delta S4

Why? Was the Delta S4 not competitive enough compared to Audi and Peugeot?

Greetings from Switzerland

Polaxis
405 T16 is available in a rallye game? o.O

Tell me, I must have this game!!!
Attached images
rfn_93_1093625635_405_t16_02o_mod.jpg
Quote from Crazy Harry :405 T16 is available in a rallye game? o.O

VRally 2 - Expert Edition for PC, but you have to win every stage and championship mode first (or simply use a savegame from a friend who has done it for you)

AND: You have the long Audi Sport Quatro version, not the short one That's quite special. In ColinMcRae you have always the short version...

http://www.vrally.com/inter_eng/default-flash.htm
S4 was never used in Pikes Peak as far as I know. And the Peugeot 405 T16 was never actually a Group B car, it was a evolution model and in the end it was used in Paris-Dakar and also in Pikes Peak. In addition to this after Group B was banned lots of old cars was used in the European Rallycross Championship. Mostly MG Metro 6R4, Ford RS200 and Peugeot 205 T16 driven by Matti Alamäki who pretty much dominated the series.

Btw, watch these amazing rally tribute movies:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8174434092918399802
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I0vNJmsxceE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYhiJeRPgdw

And there is also unfinished beta version of S4 for Richard Burns Rally. And soon MG Metro 6R4 will be released for RBR. If you have RBR I can give the link for it.
Quote from deggis :
And there is also unfinished beta version of S4 for Richard Burns Rally. And soon MG Metro 6R4 will be released for RBR. If you have RBR I can give the link for it.

Thank you for the videos. Ok, I already knew them, but thank you
I saw a video of an S4 on Pikes Peak but perhaps it was with a private driver and not with the whole support from Lancia (compared to AUDI and Peugeo who send many people to the U.S. for this race).

I don't have Richard Burns Rally but you can drive the Austin Metro in some Colin McRae too
But I will ask some friends if they have it so just send me the link.

Btw: I heard about that the rules of how a rally stage should be were changed with the introduction of the WRC.
Now a rally stage shouldn't exceed the average speed of 120 km/h?
Quote from Polaxis :Thank you for the videos. Ok, I already knew them, but thank you
I saw a video of an S4 on Pikes Peak but perhaps it was with a private driver and not with the whole support from Lancia (compared to AUDI and Peugeo who send many people to the U.S. for this race).

I don't have Richard Burns Rally but you can drive the Austin Metro in some Colin McRae too
But I will ask some friends if they have it so just send me the link.

Btw: I heard about that the rules of how a rally stage should be were changed with the introduction of the WRC.
Now a rally stage shouldn't exceed the average speed of 120 km/h?

It is correct that the average speed has a limit now. Several stages in the Swedish rally have been shorted just because of this.

The reason so few games have the S4 must be that it didn't exist for very long. It was the last of the Group B monsters to see daylight.
Yeah and they had to divide legendary Ouninpohja to two different stages in Rally Finland because average speed was too high. Thank you FIA for making rallying a sprint stage racing.

The Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak car RULES.....
The T16 holds a Pikes Peak record of 10min, and 44 seconds, if am not quite off the road.. Maybe it was 22 seconds, I don't really remember...
I have a rally history video..

The 405 T16 is also in Rallysport Challenge 2 on the Xbox
Quote from Polaxis :Hello

Yesterday I browsed a little bit through my video folder on my HD and found some nice rally movies.
I have some Pikes Peak movies where you almost only see the Audi Sport Quattro or the Peugeots 205 and 405 but almost never you see the Delta S4?
The same is with rally games -> You have the Audi, the Peugeots and the Delta Integrale or the 037 Monte Carlo, but I have never seen a game where you could actually drive a Delta S4

Why? Was the Delta S4 not competitive enough compared to Audi and Peugeot?

Greetings from Switzerland

Polaxis

"Rally Masters" has the Delta. It's an "old" game.. proably 5-7 years old, not quite sure...

The T16's can be found in "MS Rallysports challenge" or whats it called...
Thats accturally a pretty good game but the steering is a bit off track...
Quote from deggis :And there is also unfinished beta version of S4 for Richard Burns Rally. And soon MG Metro 6R4 will be released for RBR. If you have RBR I can give the link for it.

That Group-B mod was never finnished was it?

- If you have a link pleaaase do.

found it... at BH
I just found some informations in the Internet that Ferrari wanted to join the Group B with a pre-EVO-Version of the F40 (the Evo version looked pretty much like the F40 but was a 348 or something, I have to find the link again)

Insane =)
Quote from bo-kristiansen :That Group-B mod was never finnished was it?

Yup, unfortunately that Group B mod is dead. But as far as I've heard they will release that MG Metro as a single addon car at some point. Actually it's the only car they even had ready and done, so they said.
Quote from Polaxis :I just found some informations in the Internet that Ferrari wanted to join the Group B with a pre-EVO-Version of the F40

Ferrari 288 GTO

And like most of the Grp. B rallycars, Ferrari also made an evolution version,

Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione

Evoluzione served as a base for development of the F40.. And of course they went to develop a racing version, F40 LM
I cant really see the 288 GTO in Group B...It looks to much like a GT car than build to do some nasty stuff in gravel,mud or snow...
But would have been interesting to see it competing
Ferrari, Porsche & Jaguar built the cars for Group B racing, not rallying. Although there was some privateer who ran a Ferrari in a few tarmac rallies
In a Finnish document film (propably "Group-B - The Supercars Era") Henri Toivonen's co-driver told that they actually drove coulple of races with a Ferrari 308 GTB (Rallye di San Marino in 1983 at least). I remember him saying that it was an awesome fast car, but it didn't have the abilities to slow down or turn.

There was also some footage of them racing on gravel.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any gravel references from the web :|
Quote from frokki :In a Finnish document film (propably "Group-B - The Supercars Era") Henri Toivonen's co-driver told that they actually drove coulple of races with a Ferrari 308 GTB (Rallye di San Marino in 1983 at least). I remember him saying that it was an awesome fast car, but it didn't have the abilities to slow down or turn.

Ok, but that fits with all the Group B cars...they were made to accelerate and not to go fast around corners
Anyone know the _name_ of the VHS in the first link, because I want to buy it? I've owned that VHS once upon a time, but viewed it so many times it went completely shagged..
He just talks about that they used Ferrari in few Italian rallies. He says it had more style than any other car and you basicly had to sit under the hood in the cockpit because it was basicly a road car. And he says that if Porsche 911 was a bad for rallying, Ferrar was even worse but it had style.

The guy (Juha Piironen) was Juha Kankkunen's co-driver.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Anyone know the _name_ of the VHS in the first link, because I want to buy it? I've owned that VHS once upon a time, but viewed it so many times it went completely shagged..

It was the same one I referred earlier, it's called "Superautojen Aika" (="an era of supercars"). I have the rip on my HD, if you can't find it from any store.
Oh yea? Didn't see you mention it (not that I looked, though). I'll have poke around and see what I can find. Thanks!
*edited*

...nothing, sry!

Lancia Delta S4
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG