The online racing simulator
All Cars Rev Too High
(113 posts, started )

Poll : Cars Rev tOo High?

Yes
They are Ok
No
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :mazda rx8 revs to 17000 rpm, its only 1.3 engine, but its tuned alot to use all the power

Wrong. The redline is around 10k RPM actually. And it's a 1.300cc wankel engine, so it's not really helpful to compare it to what we have in LFS.

EDIT: Just checked a video of a stock RX8 racing at Laguna Seca... the redline is at 9.000 RPM in fact.

Tristan: I'm no car expert, but it's pretty torqueless not only because it's understressed, but also because of the lack of displacement I'd say, no? You could tweak the engine a lot and it would still fall short of torque compared to other cars on it's HP range, I reckon.
RL RX-8s redline at 9000rpm. Case closed.
Im not talking about the red line Im talking about you go past the little red light and go on , and on! and oN!, so the red light and until about 11/500 .... All cars will go to this... and its just not realistic
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :mazda rx8 revs to 17000 rpm, its only 1.3 engine, but its tuned alot to use all the power

was i the only person who laughed when they saw this
all of what power? the power of the fuel injector lol?
All race cars are more free-revy than the every day driven normal cars.
Τhat’s because we need as much power oughtput we can, from an engine which doesn’t need to last for as mush kilometers as in usual road going car…

All rpm power bands and rev limits are absolutely realistic….

Someone mentioned xfg rev limit… the smaller the engine is the easier it can rev in high rpm (don’t start about geometric characteristics or valve train springs… i am speaking generally…)

And how you expect to extract 115ps from a 1.3L engine? You have to make the engine rev at high rpm…

As for the RX es engines…wankel is much different from the piston engines and lfs doesn’t have rotary engines… so there is not a point to mention them…

I think that power curves are not so realistic… And that makes gear changes not to matter a lot…
Quote from kaynd :And how you expect to extract 115ps from a 1.3L engine? You have to make the engine rev at high rpm…

well, aside from that, you can balance out the engine with all its parts to get more power (and get higher revs ) and you always could rely on forced induction (which I don't like, NA-engines are still the best )
Quote from Gabkicks :was i the only person who laughed when they saw this

I did, too.

I imagined that little wankel engine strapped into a Formula 1 car and kicking ass all the way.
Quote from kaynd :
(Power = torque x rpm)

So our Rav4 D4D has 185ft/lb X 5000 = 925000 HP?
Maybe thats HP as in hedgehog power?
I know what you mean though ^^
Power = Constant x Torque x RPM
#36 - CSU1
lol...
Horsepower = Torque * RPM /5252
Quote from Shotglass :for crying out loud use proper units !

When calculating I use SI system…

Torque measured in kgm and power in W

@S14 DRIFT

Is that a joke?
Apart from the wrong measure unit…

An engine can give max torque in a certain rev band which is determined by intake-valve train- cylinder head - and exhaust system…

At 5000rpm your Rav4 engine produces much lesser torque… but even if it was possible to keep up το 185ft/lbs (25.5 kgm) at 5000rpm.. the extracted power would be around 127KW or 170ps…
Well, the proper SI units for power and torque are Nm and watts or kW for cars, since engines simply make 1000s of watts anyway. And if the SI units for angular velocity and torque are used, the following equation for power in watts holds true:

Power = Torque x Angular Velocity

Whereby power is in watts, torque is in Nm and angular velocity is in rads/s aka RPM/60x2xpie.
I meant pie as in the constant that relates the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Its exact value is unexpressable since it takes infinite decimal points and is in fact numerically represented as an infinite series, but the approximae number used for pie is 3.14159.
and there I am, always thinking it would be called Pi. or π if you'd start the nice little program charmap
The XF GTI rev too high for the type of car it is. In real life a 1.3 four-cylinder can't rev to 10.000 and have 120ps illepall My old R-11 it's a 1.4 carburetor and cannot pass over 5000rpm

Mazda rx-8 it's a 1.3, but it's wankel engine, totally different
The Clio Williams had 150ps, but it was a 2.0
Quote from Shotglass :for crying out loud use proper units !

Hey, at least I didn't say "Power = torque x rpm"! By the way, I have this huge, old physics book which has so much stuff in it, but I don't understand ANY of the equations. WTF is a radian?
#48 - Vain
Quote from wheel4hummer :WTF is a radian?

It's an inhabitant of a country called Radis in the west pacific.
It's a very small and unknown country because it only has 6.28 inhabitants.

Vain
Quote from Haduken :The XF GTI rev too high for the type of car it is. In real life a 1.3 four-cylinder can't rev to 10.000 and have 120ps illepall My old R-11 it's a 1.4 carburetor and cannot pass over 5000rpm

Mazda rx-8 it's a 1.3, but it's wankel engine, totally different
The Clio Williams had 150ps, but it was a 2.0

race-prepped cars can rev that high... the engine just won't last very long...
or do you want to tell me, that 2.4l V8 can't rev up to 20k-rpm?
Quote from Jamexing :I meant pie as in the constant that relates the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Its exact value is unexpressable since it takes infinite decimal points and is in fact numerically represented as an infinite series, but the approximae number used for pie is 3.14159.

then spell it right lol, its pi
its a greek letter not... a word
(or food for that matter heh)

All Cars Rev Too High
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG