The online racing simulator
i prefer eyecandy; a simulation should simulate everything, not just one aspect imo; meaning that if it doesn't look or sound like it does in life, then its hard for me to really consider it a simulation.. because it doesn't look real

fyi i associate realistic looks/sounds to reality just for immersion so thats pretty much why its weird playing LFS because it may act like a car does on some accounts.. but its so fake in every other way.. its hard to really get into it
Quote from XCNuse :really? its a wallpaper of the saturn sky at dieselstation
see if i can find one through google..
http://www.motoweb.pl/tapety/p ... al/saturn_sky_2007_3d.jpg

while highpoly modeling has advantages of looking good at times; low poly modeling can look just as good at times too; i've seen plenty of low poly models which once rendered.. you would'nt even know that its low poly
ei: a modded S2000 shown at CGcars:
http://unsteady-teddy.co.uk/3d/Honda/s2000/s2000wip11.jpg
unsmoothed: http://unsteady-teddy.co.uk/3d/Honda/s2000/s2000wip09.jpg

While the sky is nice I like the styling of the Pontiac Solstice a bit more. Same car though.
Attached images
Solstice.jpg
hell i wouldn't mind seeing both in a garage of my own lol

only problem then would be 'which to drive?'

i might model the solstice, i have plenty of references, i've thought about it before but just never did so.. might see that one come up at some point in time
I really must go to the States one day soon, because I want to know the midset of car lovers over their. No good roads, no good cars, yet even the good ones (imports) are cheap, and you pay almost nothing for fuel....

Cheap motoring, but usually crap cheap motoring. I just can't see my pulse rising about 10...
Quote from ORION :Do you want eyecandy, or plastic crap?

Eyecandy is a "double-edged weapon", you can create obscene overshiny environments that hurts your eyes, or you can use them wisely to recreate the real world

Metal shines and reflects the light, even tarmac has it's reflection degree, the key is to use this power wisely.

Obligatory Spiderman quote
: "Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility"
You can model my Miata, I can take any photos or mesurments you need.
Quote from tristancliffe :I really must go to the States one day soon, because I want to know the midset of car lovers over their. No good roads, no good cars, yet even the good ones (imports) are cheap, and you pay almost nothing for fuel....

Cheap motoring, but usually crap cheap motoring. I just can't see my pulse rising about 10...

Well its all relitive. There are plenty of good roads in the states. Mt Rainer, Mt St Helens, Spokan River Canyon, etc and thats just a few of the areas with in an hour or so from my house. We have good cars but not great cars, I love my Miata. Fuel may be cheap but is going up fast, when i started driving i remember gas being under a $1 a gallon, it just dropped back under $3 a gallon, granted that is inexpensive compaired to places like most of europe its still dam expensive compaired to the middle east. No to mention I have a 120 mile round trip comute on a daily basis, which is probaly a mite bit longer then yours. This past summer when it hit nearly $3.50 a gallon I was burning 5 gallons a day. So of the $107 I made in a day i was spending $17.5 on fuel. So the first hour and a half ever day was just paying for the fuel to get to work and back. Its all relitive.
Yep nice modeling.
Not gonna go into rendering flaws but how bout those edges?!

Is this gonna be a realistic rendering? If so u prolly need to work on some of those edges a bit more. But i like it no doubt.
And jzs what kind of system u got with those render times?
Quote from Gimpster :You can model my Miata, I can take any photos or mesurments you need.

i worked on a miata, look back at the beginning of the thread

@dorik, which edges dont look correct?
Quote from XCNuse :

@dorik, which edges dont look correct?

I cant believe of the work i did to explain my thoughts to you. But i wanted to be shure.

btw. its a TTs in the pics, so minor difference could've been made i dunno...
ahah, thanks a bunch for that, ya some of those are just the joys of meshsmoothing
-the area just below the door, its not actually sticking out, i think its just the way the light is reflecting it with such a contrasting background light really affects the whole car so..
-the area on the rear windshield i should be able to quickly fix, glad you noticed that because no one else has lol
-cut from brake light to rear fender, i think its just wider than the others so that should be a quick and easy fix

awesome well.. whenever im workin on it i'll fix that stuff up, thanks again for pointing it out
cant't wait for the finished work

thought ill post a comparison of 2 different lighting setups and render engines.

And the next ones are done with one direct light for the sun and vray lights
at every window (for intirior lighting)

all these renders are pretty low quality and are mainly to see how the lighting works with different settings. Thought it could be of some help. The best way to see how ur lighting works in ur scene is replace ur object with a simple box or sphere etc. that halfs ur render time but u still can sdjust the lighting to ur needs. Good luck
sorry for the long update, been working on some other stuff and just fixed up those things dorikin showed so.. heres a black one
after looking at the silver so long i figured.. ehh.. nah it looks weird, so i went with black this time

that section on the C pillar though dorikin (or.. is it b pillar?) whatever, anyways its hard to see that it IS indeed fixed in this render due to the reflections but.. ya i fixed everything else you pointed out

heres a classic.. lol i haven't done anything, i did change all the meshsmooths to turbosmooths its helluvalot faster than it used to render but.. heres a new render of the P4
very nice work
Yeah damn nice,
Nice work on those corrections aswell.
i like ur style

And woot u didnt model that classic uself?! u found it somewhere?! id loveto know where...
i wish i just had the time to work on all the ideas i got.
Quote from DoriKiN :And woot u didnt model that classic uself?! u found it somewhere?! id loveto know where...
i wish i just had the time to work on all the ideas i got.

no .. i made it myself lol go back to the first pages and you can see all the work i put into it

incase anyone is curious, i started another project a while back and am working on it concurrently with the TT but i probably wont show to many pictures of it anytime soon unless you guys honestly want to see what it is lol
if it's not hidious i'd like to see it.
lol it may be hideous to people that live outside the US

my dad recently asked me what i want so.. i told him i'll show him what i want, so thats what im working on lol

think im just going to show the clay renders..
exterior is still being worked on, i started the rear part of the interior, but i've still got plenty to work on for the exterior; as you can see, the fenders need work (i have to redo the front ones still; they aren't connected yet at all to the body; whereas the rear ones i fixed the other day and are correct now)

tips for modeling: dont do things the cheap way.. it'll kick you in the ass later on lol

once i get more done i'll post some better pics
a new clay!
finally got some better resources of the fenders and.. fixed them again YIP DEE DOO! that sucked.. took me all day pretty much (well.. the whole time i worked on it today thats what i was working on)

and a little lighting test to see if i can get some more natural lighting (needs more yellow but.. its getting there)

this is where it starts to get interesting

i think im going to model the interior backwards this time, like i did with the Z4, go from the back to the front..
looks amazing, especiallly since your gonna do the interior.
Yeah Great work... altho u could just show your dad a picture
well i told him what it is lol, im just messing around designing it the way i want

i would post a picture but.. i ran into some flaws im trying to fix on the rear C pillar area (inside and outside) and the whole rear door position so thats why im not lol; expect alot of detail though

.. i bet owning the car would be helpful in this situation lol
i was going to model my car, but i couldn't find any correct blueprints so.. (and no, the manual or anything doesn't have any blueprint-like pictures in it either incase you thought i should have checked there.. already did )
gonna start getting some mesh critics on this thing now (the wires) so hopefully this thing will be improved alot, the wires are rediculous on this thing; as clean as it may seem.. there is just so much going with the shape its really hard to keep the wires clean so thats what im hoping to get alot of criticizing on

but heres two shots to show off some detail

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG