The online racing simulator
Any brain damage is always very very serious matter, it may not show up immeaditly but it can come up later on and have an effect, well to anything. I hope he pulls it trought, he is a good guy with kids and family :/
Never Give Up Hope!
He Shall Be Fit As A Fiddle In No Time!

(wth. why are caps turned off? )
i read in the paper that when rescue crews got to him, his head was partially buried in the gorund... so i wouldnt be surprised if he suffers any type of brain damage. Which i hope he doesnt as i think he is a legend!

My thoughts are with his family, and i hope he recovers, for their sake
I hope he gets better but this word "significant" keeps popping up and it does not sound good, especially for a full recovery but I hope he makes a full one!

The thing that is starting to piss me off is that whenever I read a quote or watch one of the old Top Gear presenters saying something about it, it's like they are just stopping themselves short of saying "I told you so" or "I'm not surprised" they seem very bitter
He has a significant brain injury. Medics at Leeds hospital are very optimistic he will surive. No real info on his brain injury though.

Lots of pics and footage of the broken car have been released. I also saw a computer generated clip of the accident on Sky News. There's also been a mobile video aired of Richard Hammond doing an earlier run.

Quote from evosports :i read in the paper that when rescue crews got to him, his head was partially buried in the gorund... so i wouldnt be surprised if he suffers any type of brain damage. Which i hope he doesnt as i think he is a legend!

Don't believe anything said in the paper. It also said he was going 315 mph and he hosts Petrolheads, along with several other false claims.

BREAKING NEWS FROM ITV NEWS: Just watched ITV News. Richard Hammond wasn't actually supposed to be driving. James May was originally supposed to be driving but several weeks before backed out, leaving Hammond to do the job. There was also another mobile clip of him on an earlier run aired and footage of a helicopter view showing Richards path of destruction.
lol. you said grain
Quote from nutty boy :He has a significant brain injury. Medics at Leeds hospital are very optimistic he will surive.

good news at last (he may have brain injuries - but at least he'll probably make it!)
Quote from Stew2000 :lol. you said grain

Oh yeah sorry. I'm very worried don't point mistakes out I do because there will be alot.

I'm off to hijack the TV for news channels again.
Quote from Jakg : good news at last (he may have brain injuries - but at least he'll probably make it!)

It´s not good news. Death is better than being a vegetable for the rest of your life. Significant brain damage doesn´t sound good. Hope he makes a full recovery.
Quote from nutty boy :
I'm off to hijack the TV for news channels again.

I have freeview on my laptop, so i've been watching all day
Steve berry says that they'll probarbly have to tone down the show on ITV news.
Yep they did say significant brin injury but the 6 o'clock news on Radio 4 said that doctors were optimistic that he could make a "good recovery".

Lets hope "good recovery" means being back on top gear as his old self and not, We think that he might be able to dress himself one day.

Heres to a full and speedy recovery
New news from Sky News: A reporter said that medics are optimistic he'll make a good recovery, then pointed out that they didn't say full recovery. 2 Emails were shown, one on 8th September saying "Get the presenter up to speed then see if he can break the record". The other on 13th September saying "James May has backed out due to diary plans and has been replaced by Richard Hammond. If he can't break the record then The Stig will step in". The computer generated crash video was also shown again and they said James arrived at dinner time in his Rolls Royce.
Quote from Kalev EST :It´s not good news. Death is better than being a vegetable for the rest of your life. Significant brain damage doesn´t sound good. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Brain damage hasn't been mentioned. The term "injury" has been given, which is good because injuries can be recovered from.

At least he's no longer on the critical list, but I imagine it will be a long recovery process.
It good just be pressure on the brain which could decrease in time. who knows? (apart from the doc's)
Well as far as brain damage goes, even the docs don't know. It's all just a roll of the dice right now.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well as far as brain damage goes, even the docs don't know. It's all just a roll of the dice right now.

C'mon... Lucky Seven!
I really, really hope he doesn't die
-
(nutty boy) DELETED by nutty boy
The rest of September (and longer if he needs it) is now officially 'Cross your fingers for Richard Hammond Month'. The use of avatars is not compulsory
Quote from tristancliffe :The rest of September (and longer if he needs it) is now officially 'Cross your fingers for Richard Hammond Month'. The use of avatars is not compulsory

unless u make an avatar that splits in two for steve and Richard.
I don't know how you'd do that but i'd love to.

News update from Sky News: I only caught a tiny bit of the update there but the BBC and HSE are wondering if it was a good idea to put an amateur in a 300mph capable car with pretty much no experience of them speeds.

Rightly so I say. They shouldn't have done it.

I'll keep checking the news channels nightly for news updates to keep you up to date with the condition of Hamster.
/me Hopes, and wishes he could pray (athiesm...)
Quote from nutty boy :I don't know how you'd do that but i'd love to.

Animated gif. or two triangles.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG