The online racing simulator
get well soon hampster.

please hold the "jokes" about replacing him when he is out of the woods.
im sure if his friends or family read those they wouldnt be impressed with the LFS forum/community.
#52 - Gunn
Quote from thisnameistaken :The Stig's probably a professional racing driver with a restrictive contract. Pottering around in sports cars is quite different to going 250mph+ in a jet-propelled roller skate.

Apparently Hammond's previous run was 300mph+. The car is capable of 370mph, apparently.
I wonder if Hammsters teeth were damaged in the crash, and I wonder how much the others will take the piss out of him because of this (after all, why get in a crash if you don't laugh about it).
I heard he is in a stable condition now, also rumours that he is awake and talking.

I wish him a speedy recovery, just so he can have the ultimate comeback when Jeremy takes the piss out of his teeth.

'well i survived a 280mph crash in a jet car, so you can't question my manhood for having white teeth!'
[21:01:56] <frokki> I hope Richard will be 'ok'
Quote from SamH :I just can't imagine Elvington being in good enough condition to handle a car approaching land speed records. Isn't that what god made salt flats for?

BRITISH LAND SPEED RECORD
Hope Hammond gets well soon. Twice in 2 months now that i've woken up and my mum has told me something i didn't like. First it was Steve Irwin, now it's this. I really hope he's OK. That also means they probarbly replace Hammond for crap Tiff Needell at MPH now.
It was JC, Hamster and Captain Slow at MPH. I was excited about seeing all of them but now they'll replace him.

I've actually stood next to Hamster and got his autograph at a trucking event. That memory keeps coming back right now.

Hopefully he gets better. I think he'll pull through.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I heard he is in a stable condition now, also rumours that he is awake and talking.

I wish him a speedy recovery, just so he can have the ultimate comeback when Jeremy takes the piss out of his teeth.

'well i survived a 280mph crash in a jet car, so you can't question my manhood for having white teeth!'

It's good to hear that he was stable last night at 11.30, that just shows hes on the road to recovery. We all know Jeremy is gonna tease about it, but I wonder what the comeback comment that Hammond will give to him .

'well i survived a 280mph crash in a jet car, so you can't question my manhood for having white teeth!' <--- that's a good one lol
I hope he doesn't end up with any permanent damage and will return to the show, even if it will take him a couple of months!

The crash sounds like it was very bad......
Lets think about the positive aspects...
The car was designed to go over 300mph, and so it had to of been designed to keep the driver alive if he/she did ever crash at top speeds. So I guess he proved a point.
#61 - Jakg
Hope he recovers!
man what a shocker, one off my favourite people on television. Did hear last night he was stable before i went to bed so i guess/hope thats a sign off good news and that he is on his way to recovery. I heard that the accident happened while the parachute opened to slow the car down so i bet he probably was doing less the 280mph but still serious speed..

All our thoughts go out to his family,

GET WELL SOON!
from what i've heard only 1 of the 2 chutes opened causing the car to go off center line and lose control
just read a report on a news site somewhere and it says that, "Mr clarkson if very upset that richard has had this accident and is in leeds to see him later today."
#65 - joen
Read about this last night, I was shocked
He's essential to Top Gear, I hope he recovers quick and fully.
Quote from spiderbait90 :just read a report on a news site somewhere and it says that, "Mr clarkson if very upset that richard has had this accident and is in leeds to see him later today."

Quote from Sky.com :
"Fellow Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson drove into the hospital grounds in a black Mercedes sports car at 10.15am."

I wonder if it was his Merc
Quote from Stew2000 :[/color]
I wonder if it was his Merc
[/b][/color][/size]

Probably the stigs .

We know James May doesn't prefer those sort of cars.
Quote from BigDave2967 :
We know James May doesn't prefer those sort of cars.

He likes Bently's and Rollers but he drives them with care
anyone know what kind of damage was done? It doesnt say on any of the reports i can find. I hope it's just broken bones or similar... something that heals completely. GET WELL SOON HAMMOND
The BBC report mentions that the initial thoughts were that he had severe head trauma, hence why they took him to a neurological hospital. Lets hope the doctors have patched him up and that he is on the road to recovery. I suspect it will take a long time to recover.
Quote from SKY.com :
"Jeremy Clarkson said, at the hospital: "James May and I are at the hospital in Leeds where Richard remains in intensive care."

The Dragster:

Not much news yet. but Sky news seem to be good at updating quickly.
#72 - CSU1
Where does Clarkeson live?
Oh God I went for a job interview near Croydon yesterday..........

Get well soon Hamster - TG and Brainiac need you fella.
In the Sun newspaper it says he was reported to have been going 315 mph and is in intensive care with severe head injuries I also hope he gets better soon, no doubt it will be for a while... hope they still show top gear next month...

EDIT: meh, last date before post was from yesterday (soz for repeat message )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG