The online racing simulator
GP2 League , the great FO8
(36 posts, started )
:)
Yip Danny , thats what I'd like ...

Just like real GP2 , the admin / people who run the Championship wont have much to say about what drivers are racing. Every team that wants to participate in the League , must clearly have one or two reasons for doing so , for experience in their first racing season ( could be there first major League they are entering ) , or , to win the thing ( the Championship ).

For both these reasons , its in the teams best interest to field there best drivers from that team , we will be fine with any drivers as long as they drive fair and safely for themselves and others , they dont have to be fast at all , just fair , its up to the teams to realise what drivers they have that are fast , and what drivers in there team arent best suited to LFS GP2 Championship just yet. ( It sounds good to call it the LFS GP2 Championship ).

If the League I proposed did start up , this could be a big step forward in realism of single seat racing in LFS. Hopefully it would encourage a small number of teams to open dedicated single seat drives each season , with a small number of there drivers. Folks interested in single seat racing competitavely could start in some FOX League like OWRL ( or a Formula Renault League that I mentioned a few months back that kinda got stepped on early ( not much feedback )). Then they could progress up after a season or two to GP2 , and finally SIMFIA F1 Championship.

This would provide great experience and quality of single seat racing drivers in LFS , making for some great racing in the future.

Calum

EDIT : Wow 2 replies in the time it took me to write this up.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR THOUGHTS AND SUPPORT , IT MOTIVATES ME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
#27 - Nobo
We dont need another fox league just a decent fo8 league.
If people want a Fox league, the new OWRL Layout is really great!
:)
Well ,

thanks to Mike ( is it o.k if I call you that m8 ? ) ( a.k.a Nobo ) , the SIMFIA seem to have taken well to the idea.

So it looks like the ball is rolling folks , obviously I am aiming not to drag the building of this league out any longer than I have to , but I want it done well and profesional looking , so , please bare with for now , and please keep commenting !

Calum
Sign me up! I'd love to have Eagle rocking the FO8 Once more! That and I think we have by far the best looking skin out there .
Just a note to anyone, if you want to start a league, SimFIA will be happy to help you. We do provide forums, and a professional stats page that is hosted by us, plus Live Timing on our SimFIA : EU | Game-Serve.co.uk server. So if you want to start an event, but don't quite have the logistical skills, SimFIA is there.
I think the name World Series by Scavier sounds better than LFS GP2
Quote from Leifde :I think the name World Series by Scavier sounds better than LFS GP2

yeah, that would be pimp
What did happen to that Kart League then Danny

Calum
Quote from Calum :What did happen to that Kart League then Danny

Calum

About 15 people signed up to the website, three turned up to the first race and no-one remembered about the second race. I might bring it back next year, maybe I'll see if the SimFIA can help
Quote from Leifde :About 15 people signed up to the website, three turned up to the first race and no-one remembered about the second race. I might bring it back next year, maybe I'll see if the SimFIA can help

We would be happy to .
Quote from Dygear :We would be happy to .

Thanks, I'll contact you when I decide to get it up and running again

GP2 League , the great FO8
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG