The online racing simulator
Dual screen Setup
(10 posts, started )
Dual screen Setup
I don't really know if this is going in here but I'm asking anyway.

We're showing lfs at the store where I work. We have a pretty good machine with a good video card showing on a dual lcd screen. I want to know if it's possible to make lfs work on those kind of setup. I haven't seen any option in lfs for that, when setting the game in full screen, it only show up in the main display. If I use the "windowed mode" and strech it to fill the two screen, i get something like less than a frame per second and as soon as I put it in 1 screen it goes up to near 100 fps.

Anyone have already tried to make in work in dual screen and if it's possible can you guys explain me how to do it. Thanks !

*If this can help, the machine is an Athlon64 3800+, 1GB of ram running with an Radeon X800XL video card. I'm pretty sure that this kind of setup is enough to do dual screen without any problem
Yeah, you can make it work on both screens, assuming this is a single video card using dual-head. You just need to set the resolution to a size that corresponds to being two screens wide (ie 2048x768).

Under Video you need to show non-square modes, IIRC. I can check for sure when I get home, but I'm pretty sure that's the right setting.

Keep in mind that if you enable both monitors you're going to have the middle of the view split right down the center. Running two monitors really doesn't work too well unless you have two screens with VERY slim bezels or two fresnel lenses to make the bezels not visible.
I'm gonna check for that option tomorrow morning, thanks for the tips.

I know that it won't be perfect, but it's for demonstration purpose so it's gonna be perfect for that job. But it can be a little annoying playing like that
Playing like what ?! :cyclops:

:slap:
Ok, I finally found all I need to do it. For those who want to know for an ATI card, you need to set you display in stretch mode horizontally so the 2 screen gonna act like one. That way you can set resolution up to double width but same height.

In LFS, "show non square mode" and select the appropriate resolution. It work really well. With 2 viewsonic VA702B the line in the middle is not that bad. It's actually quite playable. Now, i need to use a Matrox card with 3 display, that would be real sweet ! hehe
I run dual monitors (not for gaming) and thought of tring this. my only prob is my monitors are two different sizes, so i dont think i will try it. Who ever has this config running please Post Pics!
#7 - jmkz
more useful would be the ability to use one screen with stats, the map overlay, split times, tire temps, etc etc, removing all clutter from the main screen
Think this is a good idea, and i would like to see this happen, or even have it for your pit screen, and show you car sat in the pit lane
Quote from Agent248 : Now, i need to use a Matrox card with 3 display, that would be real sweet ! hehe

That's what I use.

I'm trying to convince my wife that I need a 30" widescreen LCD though. If I get that, I'll ditch my three screen setup.
Quote from Cue-Ball :That's what I use.

I'm trying to convince my wife that I need a 30" widescreen LCD though. If I get that, I'll ditch my three screen setup.

mm yes that would be a little hard to sneak in the house without the wife knowing..

Dual screen Setup
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG