The online racing simulator
Regular minor screen freezes
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Gobby
Regular screen freezes
Whenever I'm online my screen freezes every 5 - 6 seconds for a few milisecs.
Its the same sort of freeze that I assume everyone gets when a player joins the server. But this is happening to me regularly when people are not joining.
I've just tried it offline and there are no freezes at all.

They are very minor freezes, it doesn't make the game unplayable, just a little annoying. All my inputs do not register during the freeze, so its caused the odd crash.

Any1 got any idea what could be causing it? It seems to me its something to do with data being sent to/from the server.

I don't remember it happening before the new patch.

Thanks for any help.
-
(Gobby) DELETED by Gobby
#2 - Gobby
It appears to depend on which server I'm on wether or not I get freezes.
I've just used a stopwatch to determine that the screen freezes every 4.6 secs every time without fail.
Pretty annoying.

Any help appreciated.
#3 - Gobby
Also ruled out the following:
- Window mode
- Blocked Messages
- Auto download off
- Maximum frame rate
- Spectating instead of driving
- Zone alarm / AV software off

Freezes still occur.
#4 - Gobby
Ok done some more investigating.
Just recorded a video at 30fps. Each freeze lasts 6 frames, so 0.2 secs. BUT the odd thing is that the race timer does not skip any time after the freeze.
I'll list some times to explain. Each line is the time recorded on each screen dump recorded at 30fps. It was during qualifying so time was counting down.

42:28.99
42:28.95
42:28.92
42:28.88
42:28.85
42:28.81
42:28.78

You can see my screen froze on .85 for 6 frames, but surely you would expect the clock to be showing close to .65 when it resumes 6 frames later.
The only explanation I can see is that the server is freezing, therefore every1 should be getting the same thing I'm seeing.

/baffled
#5 - kaynd
Anyone has that problem? I have it too and i am looking for a solution for 2 days now…

The screen freezes periodically every 4-5 secs fore some msec only when racing online…

Ι checked the task manager while running lfs in window mode… nothink seems to interrupt the processor.

Also checked firewall and nothing else uses bandwidth except lfs.

Every time it freezes, i see the hdd led flashing… but my memory is sufficient… and never loads more than 500mb when playing lfs…

End the strange think is that it just started to freeze 2 days ago… I had already updated the U20 version 1 week ago…

My system:

Athlon XP 3000+
Abit nf7-s
2048 ΜB Ram
Pov 6800 U

2*80gb WD
1*160gb Maxtor

Win xp sp2

Plz hlp !

Ι tried that but id hasn’t solve the problem (finally… that solves the problem)

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3105
#6 - kaynd
Ahem … that was it.. i just didn’t know which driver to choose from the list.. There were a lot containing (acpi)…. But I had just to pick exactly that “power interface (acpi) pc”…
im having trouble at the mo online as i get a pause in the graphics like lag every 5 -7 seconds. Have tried restarting my modem and I dont have any problems playing other gmes online. In LFS i do have a low ping too, so whats going on I dont know. I havt tried all settings at low and still no luck
#8 - kaynd

Regular minor screen freezes
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG