The online racing simulator
Live Video Stream Tonight
(40 posts, started )
I was going to post this in the Leagues & Events sub-forum, but this could be interesting to quite a lot of people and probably wouldn't be seen much in there.

Tonight is the final round in the third season of the Vixen Challenge. The whole round will be viewable online on a video stream hosted by fireball, who some of you may know from OLFSL.

The round will consist of qualifying, running from 1915-1945 BST, a 15 minute sprint race, starting at approximately 1955 BST and a 45 minute feature race, starting at around 2020 BST.

We will be racing at FE Gold in the Formula XR, and if the rest of the season is anything to go by, there should be some interesting battles throughout the field.

This could be a good opportunity for those of you who like watching OLFSL to check out the new video codec and see what you think of it.

If you want to watch the feed, please check fireball's simple instructions to get the correct codec etc here.

I will add a link to the stream later on, qualifying will start in around 3hrs 45mins from now.

Edit: here is a countdown to qualifying

Stream will be up at around 1830 UTC / 1930 BST / 2030 CEST, the link will be http://87.117.194.93:8020/.
#2 - GabbO
Well, bot only if we CAN race tonight
*hoping that the Main Server gets OK till then*
Yeah I'm kinda presuming that the master server will be up, obviously the feed won't be available if we aren't racing though .

Josh
So I've installed the codec. now how "would" I watch it in winamp?
I wanna see how good people can drive
#5 - filur
Quote from Stew2000 :So I've installed the codec. now how "would" I watch it in winamp?
I wanna see how good people can drive

There will be a link available pointing to a winamp playlist containing the stream, you could also paste the stream address into Winamp's "Open URL" box (CTRL-L).
Quote from filur :There will be a link available pointing to a winamp playlist containing the stream, you could also paste the stream address into Winamp's "Open URL" box (CTRL-L).

Where? On the forum or on the website?
#7 - Ch!p
I think in the forum... we will see in 20 minutes..
I'll post a link here
Ok the stream will be online in around 25 minutes. That means the first 15 mins of qualifying will be missed, but that shouldn't be too exciting anyway. The last 15 mins of quali and the whole of the two races should be shown.

The link will be http://87.117.194.93:8020/ (then click "listen" - even though it's video)

Thanks, Josh
I hear you loud and clear
Its been up for about 5 minutes by the way, enjoy!

During qualifying you can view the live tracker to see the positions: http://www.live-tracker.co.uk
i hear you loud and clear but no video...i expect you know what your doing mate so i wont make a nasty post

btw whos doing the commentary because I RECOGNISE THAT VOICE ! !
I'm not getting any sound or video. but then again it's my first try with this codec.
#14 - FRED
Got both audio and video here
BigJ6230 and Stew2000 did you install everything right?

I like the commentary, its good
Quote from bigj6230 :btw whos doing the commentary because I RECOGNISE THAT VOICE ! !

Its fireball.
Hes also doing great commentary for OLFSL.
Using VLC player and hey this is good stuff
nice commentary there!

tried with winamp, didn't work! vlc is fine! :up:

is there an irc channel as well?
I can't get video.
What
Quote from rediske :nice commentary there!

tried with winamp, didn't work! vlc is fine! :up:

is there an irc channel as well?

does your vlc keep crashing?
not yet... I have v0.8.5 if that might help you
ive just got latest i'll see how that goes. Nutty if you havent got video then you need to get the codec read the beginning!!

Is it ridiculously laggy for everyone else?

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG