The online racing simulator
How much ram does lfs need
(24 posts, started )
fixed
Fixed its a broken card. am comeing back to lfs tho.
#2 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :How much ram will anyone need for running lfs.

no idea - you have more than enough, but there are no "minimum specs" per se
Anyone els got any ideas. of how much lfs needs
No problems with 256mb ... anyone can go lower than 256?
#5 - Jakg
ill muck about with my vanilla install and tell you

EDIT - ^ No lower than 512 to test it on here, and the 512 machines at school with shared graphics do it fine (Just!), we have some POS pc's there as well which im working on putting LFS on, although no idea on what they have (except a 2100 Athlon)
#6 - Jakg
vanilla install > 12 ai on BL2 was using 161 Mb of ram, so 256 is as low as youll get it
I played it on a 256MB PC at uni and it was fine. I don't know what processor it was, but it was one that was around when 256 was the norm...
with XP as your OS 512mb is probably best as windows is ram hungry. more ram will help you multi-task better & boost the overall performance of your pc?

some games are'nt happy till you get a gig of ram, thankfully LFS is not one of them.
#9 - _rod_
I used to have a amd xp 2200+ not O/C with 256 ram and a fx5200 256mb, and i would run lfs without a problem. THe only down side is that i when i was at the back of the grid with 20+ cars i would get 12-15 fps... i cannt remember if was that exacly amount but if wasnt it was very very close to it.
Quote from faster111 :How much ram will anyone need for running lfs.

You've had the game since December, yet you haven't done any mileage, and cause a lot of bother to other members... meh I'll tell you what I use.

I use PC3200 2.0GB MB. It's recommended to have a minimum of 512 RAM MB.
I've played LFS at a school computer with 512MB of ram, and a Raedon 9000@1600x1200, at like 50FPS (No AA though).
I guess it all depends on whether you have Norton Internet Security Suite installed or not. XP can barely run on 128MB (with AV etc) so I would say 256MB minimum.
BF2 is not happy untill it get's 2GB of ram. In sane.
Fixed my card IS broken becuase i tested with anther card so am getting a new card and am comeing back lfs
#15 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :Fixed my card IS broken becuase i tested with anther card so am getting a new card and am comeing back lfs

what do you mean IS, we were the ones that told you it was bloody broken, and your the one that tried to convince us otherwise!
Quote from Jakg :what do you mean IS, we were the ones that told you it was bloody broken, and your the one that tried to convince us otherwise!

YEah i know am sorry for not beliveing you all.
Quote from Dygear :BF2 is not happy untill it get's 2GB of ram. In sane.

Damn, that's for real??

It isn't happy with 2 GB on RAM on the highest settings, with AA and AF and all the bling bling... right?
Quote from Marty502 :Damn, that's for real??

It isn't happy with 2 GB on RAM on the highest settings, with AA and AF and all the bling bling... right?

BF2 can take the p**s out of any pc when it wants to it's just unbelieveable how much pc resources it takes to run bf2 even me crap pc can handle can it has the lowest quality of cpu's and gfx cards there is (pc specs below near bottom of page)

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85&page=11
Welcome back James. I look forward to seeing you on the track with your still shiny LFS licence. You're already on my buddy list, so maybe I'll catch you on track.

But then I have nearly 200 people on my buddy list, yet I rarely meet them online But at least I have the option of always knowing where a good race is, even if actually having the time to play LFS is rather harder.
Quote from rc10racer :BF2 can take the p**s out of any pc when it wants to it's just unbelieveable how much pc resources it takes to run bf2 even me crap pc can handle can it has the lowest quality of cpu's and gfx cards there is (pc specs below near bottom of page)

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85&page=11

Your PC is kinda out dated though, i would not even attempt to run BF2 with those specs. mainly the (9250). that card is from two generations ago and is the low end model.
Quote from lalathegreat :Your PC is kinda out dated though, i would not even attempt to run BF2 with those specs. mainly the (9250). that card is from two generations ago and is the low end model.

Yeah, I thought the same. Getting slightly off-topic, how would BF2 run on my system?:

AMD Athlon 64 3000 @ 2.4 Ghz
1 GB Ram, Dual Channel
ATI Radeon x1300 (I know... I just bought it for LFS, it was cheap )
Onboard sound, etc.

Would it be playable? I want that game.
you would prob get away with playing it on Low Detail maybe medium but as u said your Card is a bottleneck there. Try thE BF2 demo
Considering I can run BF2 on a GeForce 6200 (very much a budget card) at medium detail a Radeon x1300 shouldn't have any problems with it at all.

Back onto topic: I had LFS running on 192MB RAM at one point, was slow as hell though. I reckon that was more to do with the CPU than anything else though, was on an Athlon 1300MHz
Quote from JohnUK89 :Considering I can run BF2 on a GeForce 6200 (very much a budget card) at medium detail a Radeon x1300 shouldn't have any problems with it at all.

Back onto topic: I had LFS running on 192MB RAM at one point, was slow as hell though. I reckon that was more to do with the CPU than anything else though, was on an Athlon 1300MHz

Good to know.

I used to run LFS with 256 MB Ram... On a 800 Mhz Pentium III.

It was painful, I tell you!

How much ram does lfs need
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG