The online racing simulator
PCGamer September
(46 posts, started )
#26 - Vain
I really think that the reviews only look at "released" software. LFS S2 isn't released. It's an alpha. So the latest official installment of LFS is S1, and that's really getting old.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I really think that the reviews only look at "released" software. LFS S2 isn't released. It's an alpha. So the latest official installment of LFS is S1, and that's really getting old.

Vain

In this case it was only that the writer knew pretty much nothing about LFS. There was a picture from FZRs at South city (this pic: http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=screenshots, coordinates: (x2, y-3)), plus couple of lines of text of LFS.

It wouldn't have been that hard to make the article better. Now it lacks deapth and tells basically nothing about modern sims. I got the impression that "what isn't already in rfactor doesn't exist". The writer was hoping for flatspots to be in a sim one day...
#28 - Jakg
Quote from garph :But I guess it must have something to do with LFS's alpha status as to why they didn't suggest it, right?

iirc they say they only ever review "gold" software that you would get in a shop if you went and bought it, and seeing as that isnt LFS, they wont review it, although they could at least do some research

@ Blackout - care to share the link?
Quote from Jakg :@ Blackout - care to share the link?

You want the link for the finnish gaming magazine?

-> www.pelit.fi

(however, it's in finnish. And if you're not a subscriber, you won't get in, like me)
#30 - Jakg
check the username...
#32 - Jakg
Oh that, well, you can't access their forums if you are not subscribed to the magazine...and it's in finnish so
And I said "you can see it etc" because I thought Hyper had the chance to see it, but because he bought it from shop he doesn't so never mind :P
Blackout: Save the .html from the thread @ pelit.fi and share it here. At least we Finns can read it then...

I'm gonna get the magazine tomorrow, thanks for the hint... And not really surprised that they didn't mention LFS. Did they mention upcoming titles like Driver's Rebublic? Probably not because it's just a mainstream magazine (paras toki, niin kauan kuin NNirvi on messissä). And wasn't that article about the history of sims anyway. Though if he was really hoping for flatspots it seems like the writer doesn't know much about sims after all.
speaking of them not mentioning the RAC and MRT,

I hope LFS will get a small update to the RAC where the interior color can be changed, or at least a blue interior variant, so that it corresponds with the 2006 RaceAbout version....
Quote from Samor :speaking of them not mentioning the RAC and MRT,

I hope LFS will get a small update to the RAC where the interior color can be changed, or at least a blue interior variant, so that it corresponds with the 2006 RaceAbout version....

But LFS would still have the RAC '02/03. So it would be just stupid. Instead hope that the RAC gets a full '05 update.
Quote from deggis :I'm gonna get the magazine tomorrow, thanks for the hint... And not really surprised that they didn't mention LFS. Did they mention upcoming titles like Driver's Rebublic? Probably not because it's just a mainstream magazine (paras toki, niin kauan kuin NNirvi on messissä). And wasn't that article about the history of sims anyway. Though if he was really hoping for flatspots it seems like the writer doesn't know much about sims after all.

They mentioned LFS, but the writer thought that rF was better and praised it from heaven to earth as the best solution for serious simmer, even nK got lots of praise. He told that he had just recently heard about LFS and big boys had told him that it was ok but getting old, but he never had played it. The best laughs were from the final conclusion where he said he liked to see some flatspots in modern sims in the future...yes, funny.

I don't want to take the html, dunno if I even can, because it shows real names. It's just typical anti-anti-LFS statement, not that exciting Oh, and I sort of promoted Don's slow-mow-april-update-vid, so rF boys could see what's physics should be about
Quote from deggis :But LFS would still have the RAC '02/03. So it would be just stupid. Instead hope that the RAC gets a full '05 update.

I guess that'd be better, yeah.
Quote from Blackout :I don't want to take the html, dunno if I even can, because it shows real names. It's just typical anti-anti-LFS statement, not that exciting Oh, and I sort of promoted Don's slow-mow-april-update-vid, so rF boys could see what's physics should be about

Please take it. Or at least send it to me then only. I'm just curious have the article writer replied to that thread as they usually do (at least used to do).

On tuota nyt tehty ennenkin eikä kukaan ole nähnyt haasteita oikeuteen Pelitiltä...
Quote from deggis :Please take it and at least send it to me only. On tuota nyt tehty ennenkin eikä kukaan ole nähnyt haasteita oikeuteen Pelitiltä...

+1 Blackout, ei muuta kun screenshotit kiertämään
Quote from deggis :Please take it. Or at least send it to me then only. I'm just curious have the article writer replied to that thread as they usually do (at least used to do).

No he hasn't, I suppose he doesn't have the guts to admit that it was crappy fact search and made a very noobish mistake.

Here is the conversation...some smart people there after all, almost lost my faith at some point

I excuse the thread take over and the weirdo language used by my fellow coyntrymen
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Thanks, I thought it was much longer thread... and I had a deja vu while reading that. Always the same shit, whining about the LFS sounds even if the original thread subject was something else.
Quote from deggis :Thanks, I thought it was much longer thread... and I had a deja vu while reading that. Always the same shit, whining about the LFS sounds even if the original thread subject was something else.

Yeah, it's the same every time, and I feel like Kidicodea, that is with all respect to him and to his work.
#46 - Jakg
Quote from Blackout :No he hasn't, I suppose he doesn't have the guts to admit that it was crappy fact search and made a very noobish mistake.

Here is the conversation...some smart people there after all, almost lost my faith at some point

I excuse the thread take over and the weirdo language used by my fellow coyntrymen

fancy translating the gist?

PCGamer September
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG