The online racing simulator
MISSING 2 Twins
(87 posts, started )
This place gets stranger by the day.
I was just having fun...got you all riled up, if you look at the Pic...it's the year after ...the point of the thread....well thats up to you, has your world changed?

Night.

Live, But Live Well with no regrets.
Quote :No pic needed...yah all know what they look like.

We do now, but if the purpose of your original post was such a clever dupe, then this line stands out as incorrect...
Quote from Becky Rose :He's talking about an act of terrorism. I hate the twin towers for the way people remember it because it has stopped everyone remembering eveything else that happened, the twin towers didn't particularly effect us here, it was just America finaly getting bombed too and we'd had it for years so it was hardly even worthy of an eyebrow raise.

Now everyone forgets that for years we where fighting a gritty war on our own streets against a minority of Irish armed with semtex, and suddenly here everyone is expected to have sympathy for America who's civilians provided over 80% of the funding for the campaign going on around us before 9/11. In that sense 9/11 was a great wakeup call and helped to bring peace. Sure people died, lots of them, but that had been going on for years previously.

Sounds harsh, but when you've been so close to it (I was Londoner once, and i'm quarter Irish) and seen it so persionally you begin to loose empathy with the one that didn't effect you and steels the limelight because it became a political tool.

I feel for the people, genuinely, but I feel for a lot more people than those who died in one poxy incident.

It's true we are used to terrorism here in the UK - especially London but what you have to remember is that 3000 people were killed on 9/11. I don't think the IRA ever had that successful a terrorist attack.
Not in a single attack, but when you total up the deaths on BOTH sides of the Irish conflict, and all the others around the world such as Israel and Pallestine, and what happened on 11th of September hardly makes a dent in the kill tally. That's annoys me for one because 9/11 is portrayed as the be all and end all of terrorist attacks. Jeez guys, you had ONE very short offensive. More frustrating still is the way that 9/11 is used as a political roll call.

People died, how dare we go fight two wars so far in their name, with no end to our agression abroad, all in the name of a so called "freedom"?

The whole Bush/Blair era has been the darkest period of Human history since the hollocaust, only this time the bastard won.
Quote from Gentlefoot :It's true we are used to terrorism here in the UK - especially London but what you have to remember is that 3000 people were killed on 9/11. I don't think the IRA ever had that successful a terrorist attack.

True, but in my opinion it was a "lucky" strike. Nobody could really expect the towers to collapse. But Mr. Bush took this as a perfect opportunity to start the "war on terrorism", which was bound to fail from the first minute, because guess what, the consequences of war give the people who are affected just more reason to continue with terrorism. And because they weren't able to catch Osama (or were they? ), Iraq was the next best target to get, while all the American people were still blinded by the shock of 9/11 (11/9) and still supported the war. Now, what is the current Iraq bodycount? Last I've heard was something about 2700 dead US soldiers and over 40000 Iraqis. Way to go.
I would like to know what was really going on on 11.9.

Still can´t believe that a building collapsed by fire who melted the steel. (Official report)
Burning cerosin isn´t hot enough to melt steel.

Things like this makes me nervous: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1272980089639960023

Equals who did it, it´s a shame that so many people died.
Meh, Loose Change looks intriguing at first, but don't buy into it. Who says steel needs to completely melt to lose its ability to maintain structural integrity? The towers simply pancaked, and each time a floor went down, all of the air that was inside had to be pushed out, and together with the dust that looks like those little "explosions". Also the actual floor-collapse was ahead of the visual crumbling, which explains why the "explosions" happen "before" the collapse.

Do you really think the government that failed so horribly in catching Osama and in the war with Iraq, could pull off something perfectly timed as this?
Quote from AndroidXP :Do you really think the government that failed so horribly in catching Osama and in the war with Iraq, could pull off something perfectly timed as this?

Good argument. Dunno what to believe about this, moon landing, Kennedy murder and so on...

Maybe me as a german can believe conspiracy easier as others. (Reichstagsbrand)
Something like 9/11 was a matter of time... and all the stupid goverments that took place in the stupid war against terrorsomething got their share too.

If I wasn't such a lazy bear and woke up 15 mins earlier in March 11, then I've would been blown off with the trains of Madrid, so I know what I'm talking about.

Go and start a war with yourselves or something, or search for petrol in Mars, but please, stop trying to save the world because we don't need it, we've had about 4 thousand years of history without your help, and we've managed very well.

I'm very sorry for the people that died in 9/11, they didn't deserve it, but their leaders did.

EDIT: BTW, +1 to Becky's first post.

I wish Cristobal Colon had a shipwreck, or better, fell-off from the border of the world LOL
Quote from Becky Rose :Not in a single attack, but when you total up the deaths on BOTH sides of the Irish conflict, and all the others around the world such as Israel and Pallestine, and what happened on 11th of September hardly makes a dent in the kill tally. That's annoys me for one because 9/11 is portrayed as the be all and end all of terrorist attacks. Jeez guys, you had ONE very short offensive. More frustrating still is the way that 9/11 is used as a political roll call.

People died, how dare we go fight two wars so far in their name, with no end to our agression abroad, all in the name of a so called "freedom"?

The whole Bush/Blair era has been the darkest period of Human history since the hollocaust, only this time the bastard won.

I see your point and yes fair enough. But 9/11 was one of the biggest single terrorist attack in terms of deaths the world has ever seen.

I believe the intention was for the buidling to collapse and I don't think they lucked out. They had been planning this attack for years. They had attacked the WTC before and vowed they would return an attempt to floor them.

Now, they have achieved exactly what they wanted to because we are all here, 5 years on still talking about it.
Quote from Eldanor :I wish Cristobal Colon had a shipwreck, or better, fell-off from the border of the world LOL

Actually there are far more recent historical events that led to this sort of situations, and the majority of them took place in Europe.

But to get back to AtomAnt's original post:
No regrets is the key.
I don't really understand this competition of who had the most deaths or whatever. That's not the point.
The point is that that day, everyone in the whole freaking world was watching TV and saw something
they've never seen before, something that made everyone realise, hey, these guys are serious, and crazy.
The way multiple attacks were carried out simulatanously is only comparable to events such as Madrid,
and possibly the London subway bombings to a lesser extend. All else is not up for comparision or is part
of a totally different conflict.

Every country has had a 'civil' war at one point or another and this has nothing to do with 911. Americans
have had their own civil war and so has Canada. Ironically it was with the british...
Then there is the 2 WW. Before that there was the crusades. We could go on all day like this.

What makes me a bit sad is that instead of remembering the people that died that day, people joke about it,
use it as excuses to bash the US (which im no fan of either btw..) and/or make money from it.

Not much HAS changed after all.
Quote from Fonnybone :I don't really understand this competition of who had the most deaths or whatever. That's not the point.
The point is that that day, everyone in the whole freaking world was watching TV and saw something
they've never seen before, something that made everyone realise, hey, these guys are serious, and crazy.

It also made some people think more about things they never paid attention to before. And sadly, it also made TV networks play more commercials while it was happening. Amazing stuff that idiot box.

Quote :Every country has had a 'civil' war at one point or another and this has nothing to do with 911. Americans
have had their own civil war and so has Canada. Ironically it was with the british...

No one mentioned civil war here. Unless you take in account the Irish civil war in 1923, but no one mentioned that - it was IRA terrorism that was mentioned mostly.

Quote :Then there is the 2 WW. Before that there was the crusades. We could go on all day like this.

Woah there - you just skipped 700 years of amazing military prowess, slaughter and genocide. Empires shifted, countries were destroyed and other empires went down - millions perished to war and the related mayhem. A real blockbuster I tell you.

Quote :What makes me a bit sad is that instead of remembering the people that died that day, people joke about it, use it as excuses to bash the US (which im no fan of either btw..) and/or make money from it.

Not much HAS changed after all.

What makes me sad is that people don't look ahead and get caught up in the same cliches over and over and over again. And probably the irony currently is that everyone missed out on AtomAnt's surrealistic approach to a bit of bitterness. Ah well...
Quote from Gentlefoot :It's true we are used to terrorism here in the UK - especially London but what you have to remember is that 3000 people were killed on 9/11. I don't think the IRA ever had that successful a terrorist attack.

Lol, 3,000? Pffft, Americans have killed more with friendly fire then that. Hell, they've killed countless canucks and red coats in this current war that is easly in triple figures, and god forbid you try and count American on American.
I am just glad that I live in a country where I can be pretty safe whatever time or place it is. I can trust the police for not beating me up or taking bribes. I can say my opinions loud and I can get reasonable and unreasonalbe resistance but I still have a voice and the right to use it without consequences.

In general I'm just happy that I don't need to care about what kind of shit is going on in some countries, people dying in hunger and young kids getting killed in diarrhea. WTC was just a drop in ocean. Nobody cares if there was a bomb killing million people in the middle of Africa. Would you?
Quote from Hyperactive :I am just glad that I live in a country where I can be pretty safe whatever time or place it is. I can trust the police for not beating me up or taking bribes. I can say my opinions loud and I can get reasonable and unreasonalbe resistance but I still have a voice and the right to use it without consequences.

I wish I could talk the same, drivers and the police in Estonia are freaking careless
Quote from Hyperactive :In general I'm just happy that I don't need to care about what kind of shit is going on in some countries, people dying in hunger and young kids getting killed in diarrhea. WTC was just a drop in ocean. Nobody cares if there was a bomb killing million people in the middle of Africa. Would you?

100% the same here... and almost no risk of getting into a war... we don't have anything here.
Quote from Hyperactive :
Nobody cares if there was a bomb killing million people in the middle of Africa. Would you?

I don´t think so. I think that would be a bigger shock to me. 911 must come. It was a question of time. An american friend told me that he hates that "his country" sticks the nose in everything around the world and try people with other opinions how they have to do things. So 911 was a result of "World Police Activities" And it bores me that our "First Lady" (urgs) told Bush lately to work more together in the future. IMHO germany should never again take a part in any kind of war...
Quote from Hyperactive :Nobody cares if there was a bomb killing million people in the middle of Africa. Would you?

If the same bomb was killing people over a prolonged period of time I'd surely be curious as hell. Atleast from a scientific point of view. Yes.

But on a more serious note:

We reap the benefits of a "smaller world", where everything is quick to us and everywhere (in the growing, safe, economically healthy world that can laugh about the same jokes and share the same TV shows) is accessible to us at any time and with (marginally) minimal hassle.

We are sitting behind our computer screens, technological masterpieces (of whichever era) and talking with people we'll likely never see - sometimes we discuss, sometimes we rant and don't give a toss about what they say. Most likely 8 out of 10 readers will by-pass this post as I have by-passed posts by skimming through them.

In this forums we are all here because we occassionally race together. For our enjoyment. In a safe, virtual environment, using our computers to connect to everywhere in our smaller world and play. No production, no benefit for anyone, we just play and benefit the treasuries of our service providers, our power companies, our governments. We're taking a "well deserved" break from our "productive day".

Hey, it was just luck you know. We were born in the right country, bad break for you poor bastards, you better hope that reincarnation stuff is true or you just got the wrong end of the stick, hey? No hard feelings.

We make the world smaller and we reap the benefits for that. There's nothing bad in that.
Quote from Hyperactive :I can trust the police for not beating me up or taking bribes.

Don't count on it, you get that everywhere, if you think otherwise, you just don't know about it yet. The beating up, you're probably right about that one, doesn't happen everywhere.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Don't count on it, you get that everywhere, if you think otherwise, you just don't know about it yet.

Well, it's a fact that Finland is the least corrupted country in the world. That was by a research published last year. So from statistic point of view Hyperactive is correct.
Quote from Hyperactive :I am just glad that I live in a country where I can be pretty safe whatever time or place it is. I can trust the police for not beating me up or taking bribes. I can say my opinions loud and I can get reasonable and unreasonalbe resistance but I still have a voice and the right to use it without consequences.

In general I'm just happy that I don't need to care about what kind of shit is going on in some countries, people dying in hunger and young kids getting killed in diarrhea. WTC was just a drop in ocean. Nobody cares if there was a bomb killing million people in the middle of Africa. Would you?

The most stupid post i have read so far. Btw, the USA was save, well they thought they are, just like you. See the result and think about it. The worst case can happen everywhere the terrorism do not care as long as many people die. Thats the point you dont get or was it just, uhm...irony or sarcasm? illepall

Anyway, talking in a way you do about a subject like this is respectless in every way to those who got killed because they lived in the wrong country or simple where in the wrong time & place. Who cares about others as long as its not concerning you right?

But anyway, ignore me as usual and go ahead, to live in fantasy land must be so exciting.
Quote from 510N3D :The most stupid post i have read so far.

But anyway, ignore me as usual and go ahead, to live in fantasy land must be so exciting.

Actually, I found it pretty honest. That's what/how we mostly think anyhow. Very few of us are capable of the amount of empathy required to actually care. No matter what we say - it's just words. Do we actually do something to support these words? Rarely. Or if it's a fad. Like the last anti-war protests, slowly fading away into it being just the "usual suspects" who attended them.

Few decades ago we wouldn't even learn about this sort of stuff, atleast not as fast - now it is the prime fuel for igniting our awesome online debates and sustaining our coffee-shop discussions when there's nothing else common to talk about.

Soon, all over the world you'll eventually see this. It's a neat idea. Ofcourse it still requires sponsor logos.
Quote from 510N3D :The most stupid post i have read so far. Btw, the USA was save, well they thought they are, just like you. See the result and think about it. The worst case can happen everywhere the terrorism do not care as long as many people die. Thats the point you dont get or was it just, uhm...irony or sarcasm? illepall

If I don't get it, then you didn't get it either.

Quote from 510N3D :Anyway, talking in a way you do about a subject like this is respectless in every way to those who got killed because they lived in the wrong country or simple where in the wrong time & place. Who cares about others as long as its not concerning you right?

Is it really disrepectful? Should I have just posted stuff like: "oh my god there are people dying in hunger and wars!". And then I get you saying that that's the right thing, you should always feel sorry for those who get less. And then go eat a double cheese mac in Mcdonalds, go there in my car, and in the evening I go out driving karts feeling so rightful and just. Feeling that caring and knowing that people are killed makes me a better person. All it does it just that the air get hotter around my mouth while in reality I don't give a shit. Or at least nothing that I actually do makes difference for those who really suffer.

Unless you have actually done something to help them, changed your living habits or even tried, you have no right to speak about caring or respect. You can talk all day but all you get is sore throat.

I can say with honesty that I haven't done anything to help the dying children Africa, nor the homeless people here. I pay some monthly money for a local organization but that is just like throwing left over food out of the window hoping that someone more hungrier than me might eat it.

If you have clean conscience, fine. I am just ashamed.

EDIT: question to all. Would you do things differently if you didn't know that people are getting killed because of stupid wars, deseases and hunger?
Quote from 510N3D :The most stupid post i have read so far. Btw, the USA was save, well they thought they are, just like you. See the result and think about it. The worst case can happen everywhere the terrorism do not care as long as many people die. Thats the point you dont get or was it just, uhm...irony or sarcasm? illepall

Well, Finland hasn't dropped bombs or invaded other cultures very much. The word "terrorism" is actually quite an abstract. Only madmen kill for the pure pleasure of killing, the people that get the "terrorist" label often kill for raising awareness on some agenda.

I remember reading from somewhere (heck, it might have been even in this forum, or - better yet - in this thread) that during ww2 the France resistance was called terrorists by the nazis - and similar examples are numerous. It's always a matter of perspective.

Killing people is never nice. In real world there are no good or bad people. In this real world there is only people. Gray people.

A bomb in Africa doesn't affect western world so much as a bomb in "our territory". That's sad fact. When tidal wave kills hundreds of thousand is Pacific, we only seem to care about the casualties of our nation. That is the real world. We born alone, we live alone, we die alone. We care only about things affecting us. That's the fact.

That doesn't mean that things couldn't be changed. It's just that the memory of the people is very short. That saddens.

End of rant, for now. Hope it makes any sense and no biggies if it doesn't. I'm more able to express my views head on than with keyboard.

Quote :
Anyway, talking in a way you do about a subject like this is respectless in every way to those who got killed because they lived in the wrong country or simple where in the wrong time & place. Who cares about others as long as its not concerning you right?

MISSING 2 Twins
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG