The online racing simulator
" The Fragmasters 500 " Oval Event ?
(116 posts, started )
" The Fragmasters 500 " Oval Event
" The Fragmasters 500 " with GTR´s will start on Sunday the 8th Oktober

http://www.fragmaster.net/fm/i ... torder=asc&highlight=

The Qualifying will start at 15:00 CET (UTC 13:00) after that we will do "Da Race". :bananalla

1. The Race will be a 6 Hour Race
2. Driver Change allowed ( 6 hours are a long time to go prepare for that)
3. Cars will be GTRs
4. If you drive in a team you have to choose the driver who will drive the Qualifying mark him with a "Q"

Please add your name or names ( if you drive the Race with more then one driver) to the list below
If we need it we can run a 2nd server

SERVER 1:
01. (FM) Dr.Bleifuss + (FM) 2March [XRR]
02. TeamPlayersBlue
03. (FM) CrazyHarry + (FM) Plaztikman
04. StiX + [XRR/FZR ] ???
05. mostflyskaterboy [FZR]
18."Place for Driver Change"
19."Place for Driver Change"
20."Pace Car"

SERVER 2:

RACE RULES

We will have a single car qualification. This means everybody spectate and we run down the connection list.

You stay in spectate sice you see the message "(Your nick) PLEASE START YOUR OUTLAP"

Please no donuts and other things to heat your tires. Not everybody is able to warm tires without crashing. Warm tires are that important in the lfs engine that this will become unfair.

You have 3 laps. 2 outlaps and one fastlap. After you finished your 3. lap, please shift+s to leave the track as fast as possible because the next car is doing the quali.

After the quali you can pit out and practice some starts in the pits or mess around a bit. =)

Please stay INSIDE the pit area after qualification.

We have NO laglap, we do a flying start. Please use your pit limiter at start. After the race is started, a pacecar will pass all drivers and take the lead with 150 km/h (93 mph?)

After the first lap the pace car will spectate after crossing the start/finish lane. The message "PACE CAR pitted" means GREEN FLAG.

FM-Oval rules are simple:
Let faster cars pass inside, don´t block. Remember that they are 3 lines around the track not only 2. Maybe 2 cars want to pass you at the same time on the inside. Watch your mirrors, turn you head or go wide not to force a crash. The draft is huge, you can easiely speed up if someone passed you.

Obey the blue flag. Don´t slow down if someone tries to pass. Just go to the right side, stay high in turns and keep your speed.

In a 6 Hour Race you don´t have to shift+s after crash IF YOU CAN CLEAR THE BEST LINE. If your car doesn´t move at all, please shift+s to pit.

No Bump Draft (if you will try it ) illepall

Please join our ventrilo voice chat for the race. Also if you don´t have a mic or don´t want to talk. You can just listen. It´s very useful to hear something like "Car standing in turn 2 low" =)

Just dl the vent client under www.fragmaster.net/vt and follow the second link to connect to the server. Do NOT update ventrilo 2.1.4 if the program is asking. We run a 100 slot ventrilo. (48 slots used now)
Sounds like quite a lot of fun - interesting tactics, etc...although I'm not sure I could dedicated the time to do it
well sounds good =) i would like to see a Event someday with more then one class (GTR in this case) maybe TBO &/or FO8 as well ? Something like that would add more fun and makes its more difficult. Presupposed everbody knows what to do on/with BLUE FLAG =)
It's a very bad idea to have OWRL and tintops on track at same time, but multi-class events already happen (Endurance events) but haven't seen one on the oval yet.....
Quote from the_angry_angel :Sounds like quite a lot of fun - interesting tactics, etc...although I'm not sure I could dedicated the time to do it

well no facts right now but keep an eye on this thread you may have time this day(s) who knows, would be cool
Quote from Thorvertonian :It's a very bad idea to have OWRL and tintops on track at same time, but multi-class events already happen (Endurance events) but haven't seen one on the oval yet.....

Allready happend does not means its could not happen again or do i missunderstand you? I have seen some replays of the Endurance Envents (enjoyed them alot) and what i have seen is that you need more attention on the track, its harder to pass these slower cars and it makes the replay look even better

And the FO8 is not that much faster then the GTRs so it should be less a problem then passing a TBO classed car with a GTR for example

too many classes would be a mess, but at least, two would be a nice thing
#7 - garph
....fragmasters, I went into a DOD server yesterday run by them and had to sit through what felt like hours on stupid intro music/"funny comments" then only to find it was empty. Curse you, full server my ass, bots!
I think we should do a test race to see how it works with 2 class cars but not a 500 lap test

Its only a vision but i hope it comes true
Yeah, id definately be interested in a 500 lap race
#10 - dev
If I find the time, count me in
Quote from 510N3D :Allready happend does not means its could not happen again or do i missunderstand you? I have seen some replays of the Endurance Envents (enjoyed them alot) and what i have seen is that you need more attention on the track, its harder to pass these slower cars and it makes the replay look even better

And the FO8 is not that much faster then the GTRs so it should be less a problem then passing a TBO classed car with a GTR for example

too many classes would be a mess, but at least, two would be a nice thing

I just meant there have been races in the past on circuits using more than one class, but I have never seen it on oval....

And the F08 is more closely matched yes, but the GTR's are (Or should be) allowed contact while racing, thats what bumpers are there for, but and F08 getting a tap from an FXR, not likely to come off very well!
Tell me when it's happening, and I might be interested in a long distance oval race. Short oval races do nothing for me.
Would be interesting if you chucked a chicane in it as well!!!!! but probably not as safe with 20 multi-class cars!!!!
Quote from Thorvertonian :I just meant there have been races in the past on circuits using more than one class, but I have never seen it on oval....

Now I'm really interested... Multiple classes would be a lot of fun - but as said, only if it was restricted
Quote from Thorvertonian :I just meant there have been races in the past on circuits using more than one class, but I have never seen it on oval....

And the F08 is more closely matched yes, but the GTR's are (Or should be) allowed contact while racing, thats what bumpers are there for, but and F08 getting a tap from an FXR, not likely to come off very well!

Yeah ok now we are talking well ok i havend seen multiclass events/races on the oval as well but i tried the FO8 on the junkies server sometimes to check if its possible & stuff and i quite liked it. I agree, bumpers should allow to bump but with these cars (GTR), its even harder to do so then with the openwheelers from what i know and after some tests here and there Its possible to bump a gtr with a openwheeler but we should keep this event realistic, and im for a no-bump option for every class in events. Sure sometimes its better to just give a lil bump because you cant pass but you know, not the public style please
Quote from garph :....fragmasters, I went into a DOD server yesterday run by them and had to sit through what felt like hours on stupid intro music/"funny comments" then only to find it was empty. Curse you, full server my ass, bots!

off topic: cl_download ? or what was the command for that? Also you may take a look at the playerlist before you join a server

youre sure its a www.fragmaster.net Server?
Quote from 510N3D :off topic: cl_download ? or what was the command for that? Also you may take a look at the playerlist before you join a server

youre sure its a www.fragmaster.net Server?

Thanks - cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

Sorry for going off topic ............oval event, yay!
Fo shizzle Bleifuss, I´m in.

I like the idea having two classes at the same time. But please no openwheelers.

GTR & TBO sounds great to me.
Quote from Crazy Harry :Fo shizzle Bleifuss, I´m in.

I like the idea having two classes at the same time. But please no openwheelers.

GTR & TBO sounds great to me.

Quote from garph :Thanks - cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

Sorry for going off topic ............oval event, yay!

count me in!!!! As far as different class cars... i dont know. Maybe depending on how many cars we can get on the track, it would cool. It would only make sense if we could get maybe 35 cars on the track, but then again that brings other problems. Count me in though. It was great racing in the 100 lap event till the internet went out.
How many racers finished that 100 lap event? Too bad i couldnt join the race, but i hope you guys had fun

Oh i found the list of finished racers Hope to see new events again
Would be fun, but 500 laps a bit too much?
I love the idea of different classes. Oval in the Raceabout is a blast!
#24 - S0ul
maybe im getting something wrong here(please correct me then).You want the GTR and TBO to drive at the same time? I would call that unbalanced Or am i missing an important point here?
Quote from S0ul :maybe im getting something wrong here(please correct me then).You want the GTR and TBO to drive at the same time? I would call that unbalanced Or am i missing an important point here?

Multiple classes Slower and very fast cars on the same track makes an for interesting race, where everyone has to be on their toes at all times.

I am starting to think 500 laps is a bit nuts though

" The Fragmasters 500 " Oval Event ?
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG