The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Finland was okay for me. A couple of mistakes, a slow driver, but for me - it's more about finishing. Maybe I should have picked a '03 car, not the old Impreza... so when is the next rally (hopefully gravel, I suck even worse on tarmac)?

btw: Has anyone else noticed, that the dampers are misspelled in the repair-screen? They call them "dumpers". Quite funny
Yes, the dumpers are cool.
The next rally will be the US rally. Hopefully soon. If we keep this pace we might finish the season before I'm away from home for two weeks.

And about the comments further up: In RBR it isn't very important how fast you are. It's mainly about finishing. Then, on top of that, you can go fast. Always reduce your pace as much as it is necessary to finish safely.
I didn't finish a single stage in the 3 online-tournaments near or below my personal best time even though I do new pb-times nearly everyime I do a stage in singleplayer.

Vain
Done!
Finland went quite nicely, despite my rally looked more like a school bus drive as I didn't dare to go fast after Japan disaster.
Yay, still first place!

Herki's comment on stage 5 made me laugh: "Ignored some pacenotes. Don't do it. It's bad."

Vain
Sig worthy!
is there a tournament??
Lookie my sig or read through the previous 6 pages of this thread, thank you for your cooperation.
Oh I saw it. I'd like to join (: Also maybe I can help for organizing online races.

thank you.
Then go to the Czechish tournament page, register, download and install the plugin and off you go! Just remember to use un-modded RBR and it should work straight away. There's plenty of killer trees, ditches of death and bastard boulders for everyone to go around in our LFS RBR Challenges.

There's not much to organize now after I got the hang of the tournament settings. I'll add next race either tonight or tomorrow. The first Great Britain Rally closes on monday, so hurry!
Quote from spankmeyer :Then go to the Czechish tournament page, register, download and install the plugin and off you go! Just remember to use un-modded RBR and it should work straight away. There's plenty of killer trees, ditches of death and bastard boulders for everyone to go around in our LFS RBR Challenges.

There's not much to organize now after I got the hang of the tournament settings. I'll add next race either tonight or tomorrow. The first Great Britain Rally closes on monday, so hurry!

I know that website.
I'm already a member of it for over a year.
I'm aware of the risks in RBR.
I've been playing it for 2 years.

Are you supposed to drive the whole rally at one go? I drove the first stage of the GB rally, then quit the game before stage 2 to have a little break and now the tournament isn't on the list anymore. The website says I DNF'd the second stage but I never even got to start it. illepall
After the british rally we introduced the rule that you may continue the rally later after aborting it. But yes, until now everyone did drive them in one go, even though it was allowed continue the japan and finnish rally later.
You can do a nice 3-5 mins break between the stages without dropping out. That's enough break for me.

[Edit]
Strange. The tournament-site says you are allowed to continue the british rally, even though I remember otherwise...

Vain
Quote from Vain :You can do a nice 3-5 mins break between the stages without dropping out.

How should I rejoin the tournament then within this time? I dont think it was more than a few minutes (I went downstairs, drank some juice and then re-started the game ) and no LFS GB tournament on the list anymore. Or are you not supposed to quit the game?

Are there any proper instructions for using the tournament thing somewhere?
Use it just as you used it without shutting down RBR and it'll work. I did a 8 min brake after japan's Noiker.

Vain
Just don ethe UK rally and Vain, you lucky bugga!

I went and got those setups working and done a stage before starting the rally GB, setup felt weird and after crashing after about a mile I thought what the hell and startd the rally.

1st stage was good to start with, nice and clean, the new brakes on the setups were much better and it made various corners alot easier than I remember. After seeing I was 1st after the 1st sector I had a holy shiot moment and spun, then later I hit a tree rather hard but car was fine. The next few stages were good, some unforced mistakes but I really enjoyed doing them as I only vaguely knew what was coming up sometimes.

Then that stupid wet stage,I struggle with FPS with the dry in RBR but when it's wet it's like LFS at the start of a 20 people race! (about 7fps) So I was taking it slow, just cruising through the stage and was only about 2 seconds form the lead so I was fine with my pace, went round a corner and I new I was going a litle wide so I just rolled along the side and bumped a tree (Litterally a small bump) and the folker went on fire!

I couldn't beleive it, all I had to do was trickle to the end and I managed to blow the thing up!

So the last stage I just thought i'll try a bit harder for a good stage and at the 1st 90 left there was a huge bump and that delayed my braking, so I wenrt straight on between the 2 tress, after that it was all hell for leather and have some fun. Then at the last fast bit I went a bit to fast, ended up on the inside of a corner, bumped me back out and somehow managed to square it up without flying off.

Needless to say it's the best rally i've done on this online thing, the setups really helped.

Dunno if i'll do Japan, maybe later.
Just done the Rally GB. It was hell! Although I won 2-3 stages. I felt like I have never played this game. Maybe my "little" brake effected my drving a lot. I've lost it on the rainy stage and went off the bridge.

Finished 4th. It was so bad..
Could someone tell me what degree's rotation to wrc cars use?

BTW this thread has also enticed me to buy the game aswell, great advertising guys!
I think they use about 540°. I use 504°, just like the may. lock in my setups
#519 - Don
@spankmeye> time to create a new tournament? france or whats next? i`d like to finish some rally finally
US is next. After that france and then australia.
Please do US and france parallely. I'll be away from my wheel for two weeks from next week on. That way I can do 5 of 6 rallies.

Vain
I'll make the new rally tomorrow. I was too busy being a lazy fat ass today.

UPDATE: Just messin' with ya noodles!

Here's the US rally ->
Password: canada
Quote from Eddster :Could someone tell me what degree's rotation to wrc cars use?

BTW this thread has also enticed me to buy the game aswell, great advertising guys!

most modern ones use 540. most older ones from 2002 and before used 900 or more. at least most of the one's ive seen
I am pissed off. They can never get the bloody pace notes right.
I swear I'm RBR-jinxed or something. I've been playing for hours all day just fine. Then I try the online US rally and my controller isn't centered. The car steers to the right the entire time. Made it super difficult but I was still doing alright. Unfortunately I took on too much damage and the 20min service stations aren't enough time to fix what I needed so damage just kept increasing. Killed the engine and retired on Stage 6.
Quote from Gabkicks :most modern ones use 540. most older ones from 2002 and before used 900 or more. at least most of the one's ive seen

900? Sounds too bizarre... I don't think rally cars have had 900 degrees since 70s when rally cars were basicly normal road cars.

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG