The online racing simulator
My momo wheel is broken
(32 posts, started )
My momo wheel is broken
HI
My momo wheel doesnt work anymore and there's nothing to do with it
What wheel should i buy now? the same momo?

thank you guys,
pedro araujo
#2 - Jakg
well there is a new logitech wheel coming out soon, it is the G25, and it will be $300, now you can either get that, or wait for that to come out as all of the Momo's and DFPs will fall in price
Quote from Fir3spell :HI

thank you guys,
pedro araujo

Just to make sure, you don't have warranty on the wheel anymore, have you? If you do, you should really call Logitech, they're pretty fair/fast with returning products.
No
I have no warranty anymore.
300$ for a wheel is a bit too much but i will spend it i think.
Btw what is DFP?
And logitech says in its website that G25 will be limited edition, i hope i'll buy it before it finishes...
By the way is doesnt have a clutch pedal -.-
#5 - Jakg
Driving Force Pro - but if you wait for the G25 the Momo and the DFP will be cheaper
Hmm but G25 seems pretty cool, check this out: ^^
#7 - Jakg
yes, but i was just saying if its to expensive then there are alternatives, and im putting my kidney on eBay to buy one!
Whats broken with your Momo ?

you may just have to replace the PSU .
SD
Quote from Fir3spell :What do you mean ^^?

'the nuts' = 'really good' .

Other variations:

'the dogs dangleys'
'the 80110x5'
Quote from Fir3spell :HI

thank you guys,
pedro araujo

Sad to hear that Ur wheel is broken! But,I would say it's useless to buy a wheel (Logitech G25), which is using the same technology than the Logitech Momo or the Driving Force Pro. The only difference between the Momo and the G25 is that the G25 is made of steel (only the wheel and the pedals) and that it has an H-Shifter which is cheapest electronic and made of plastic.

I've talked to some guys which have tried it on a gamesconvention with GTR2,and all of these guys are telling the same;looks nice but nothing special. Another friend of mine is a betatester for the G25 and he told me not to buy that wheel! So think about buying a Momo or a Driving Force Pro. In my opinion ,300$ are way to much for a plasticwheel which only looks nice!

Cu BlasteR :-D

P.S. The Logitech Driving Force Pro is a Playstation 2 wheel which works very well on the pc!(This may help U to find it on the Logitech-homepage!)
Quote from Brainblaster666 :Sad to hear that Ur wheel is broken! But,I would say it's useless to buy a wheel (Logitech G25), which is using the same technology than the Logitech Momo or the Driving Force Pro. The only difference between the Momo and the G25 is that the G25 is made of steel (only the wheel and the pedals) and that it has an H-Shifter which is cheapest electronic and made of plastic.

I've talked to some guys which have tried it on a gamesconvention with GTR2,and all of these guys are telling the same;looks nice but nothing special. Another friend of mine is a betatester for the G25 and he told me not to buy that wheel! So think about buying a Momo or a Driving Force Pro. In my opinion ,300$ are way to much for a plasticwheel which only looks nice!

Cu BlasteR :-D

P.S. The Logitech Driving Force Pro is a Playstation 2 wheel which works very well on the pc!(This may help U to find it on the Logitech-homepage!)

Hey Blaster greetings from work :P is that beta tester canadaman?

Even if theres alot of plastic, which is not bad at all, i would like to test it before i waste my money. But its a limited edition so i dont think its possible to try it in a store
i haven't heard canadaman say anything bad about the G25...if i remember correctly, he said he likes it. But don't quote me on that

i'll definately buy the wheel just to check it out. I mean seriously, dual-motor force feedback, h-shifter, gas/brake/clutch pedal..all for $300USD. Even if it is plastic(which all the current logitech wheels are anyway), it's still cheap considering what you get. If you went out and bought all that separately, you'd be looking at close to $1000USD. And if you went with the whole ECCI setup..it would be even more than that AND you wouldn't have force feedback. I've never had a problem with anything Logitech...i use a keyboard, wireless laser mouse, and DFP from them. They're quality has always been excellent for me.

And i'm sure they will be sold in electronics stores, so if you buy it and don't like it..just return it and tell them it doesn't work with your computer(lol...most people working at those stores have no clue anyway, so that line always works)

Or buy it and pay for it with cash...then when you get home, put your DFP or Momo wheel in the G25 box and return it lol
Momo Racing pedals are the worse pedals ever made! Hope Logitech learnt a very important lesson in product design and we wont see any pedals problerms in the G25.... I am also looking to buy that wheel.
Quote from Fir3spell :My momo wheel is broked

For someone with "spell" in their name, you spelling is bad.
Spelling in thread title corrected (to aid later searching).
yeah sure that sounds like a good deal Dave, but i dont like the DFP that much compared to the MOMO and thats why i want to see how this G25 is (900° turn degree like the DFP right?) and i really hope i can check that out before i pay for it. Anyway if thats not possible i need a new wheel because my MOMO is going to Nirvana soon. Need to fix the pedals every week with new tape and the wheel itself feels crap as well. (Deadzone because of the age and damage) Thats why i also hope the G25 is more for the Pro-Gamers or lets say, for the people that plays (uses the wheel) more then others. I mean if youre playing games only once in a week or so, this wheel would live for 5 years but the way i and others use their wheels, ~2 years is maximum or normal from what i know. So right after the warranty expired, most of the wheels are ready for the trash.
would that H-shifter be sold sepperate?
Quote from 510N3D :yeah sure that sounds like a good deal Dave, but i dont like the DFP that much compared to the MOMO and thats why i want to see how this G25 is (900° turn degree like the DFP right?) and i really hope i can check that out before i pay for it. Anyway if thats not possible i need a new wheel because my MOMO is going to Nirvana soon. Need to fix the pedals every week with new tape and the wheel itself feels crap as well. (Deadzone because of the age and damage) Thats why i also hope the G25 is more for the Pro-Gamers or lets say, for the people that plays (uses the wheel) more then others. I mean if youre playing games only once in a week or so, this wheel would live for 5 years but the way i and others use their wheels, ~2 years is maximum or normal from what i know. So right after the warranty expired, most of the wheels are ready for the trash.

Pssst !

What will you do with the 900 degrees ? Race with it ??

I see so many love the 900 Degrees on their DFP`s - But do they use it !? And if they use it, what for ?
Quote from alland44 :Pssst !

What will you do with the 900 degrees ? Race with it ??

I see so many love the 900 Degrees on their DFP`s - But do they use it !? And if they use it, what for ?

Well i think its more fun then with the 240 on my momo, more sensitive & realistic but on the other side you have to work alot more. Is there a regular value, i mean something like a opimum?
900 degrees is cool to screw around with...but i don't race with it like that...i mainly stick to 540 degrees. But for the formula cars, i lock it at 200 degrees(cause i'm lazy..lol) I hope that the G25 will have the 200 degree lockout.

It's a lot of fun drifting with it in 900 degree mode though...i think that's the only thing it's good for...but it is nice to have the option of anything more than 200.

edit:: lol..sorry Plaztik..yea, the G25 will have 900 degrees
Quote from dave4002000 :900 degrees is cool to screw around with...but i don't race with it like that...i mainly stick to 540 degrees. But for the formula cars, i lock it at 200 degrees(cause i'm lazy..lol) I hope that the G25 will have the 200 degree lockout.

It's a lot of fun drifting with it in 900 degree mode though...i think that's the only thing it's good for...but it is nice to have the option of anything more than 200.

Aha !

Drifting - So it is practically useless, that 900 deg.
Quote from alland44 :Aha !

Drifting - So it is practically useless, that 900 deg.

let's not start that rediculous argument here
Quote from SparkyDave :Whats broken with your Momo ?

you may just have to replace the PSU .
SD

WOW :O
Tell me about that, maybe that's what i need
What's that? and what's the function of it in the wheel?
Where can i buy that?
My problem is in the gas and brake pedals, i press the gas to the max and my car won't go to the max speed because of something and with that i just can't compete in LFS because i can't get the MAX performance of my car. Maybe it's just the rubbers or something in the pedals that are broken.

Thanks in advance guys and please give me an awnser

My momo wheel is broken
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG