The online racing simulator
LFS Weather?
(83 posts, started )

Poll : Wet Weather?

Yes
No
LFS Weather?
Hi,

I know you all like the weather dry but wouldnt it make a change if we had wet aswell for fun?

Wouldn't it make a change driving in the wet to make it more exiting?

Please vote on the pole

Thanks

Matt
#2 - Jakg
been suggested many times, and i think its on Scawens to do list
I'm almost certain varying weather will be in S3.
jakg when would that be aprox if you know
#5 - joen
Nobody knows but the devs, but I certainly wouldn't expect it before S3.
#6 - axus
Quote from joen :Nobody knows but the devs, but I certainly wouldn't expect it before S3.

The devs don't know either.

And AFAIK, Scawen has said that he would like to include it in late versions of S2.
What I'd like is the option for dynamic weather, now that would be great, with people having the option to brave it out and drive carefully or pitstop to change tyres and setup.
But for the more casual racer (and I would not dare guess at a percentage for that) given the choice of qa 5 lap blast round As or BL, who would go for wet and who for dry, once the initial novelty has worn off?
It was all the rage in GPL when they first discovered how to do this: huge amounts of new texture files and rainy skies, modified traction on different surfaces, a real work of love and dedication. When die-hard league participants had a wet race in the season fixtures they did it, but the quick join 5-10 lap racers never bothered, it was just too hard!
Well dmwright just expect it lateS2/S3 but it definately will be implemented.
#9 - joen
Quote from axus :The devs don't know either.

And AFAIK, Scawen has said that he would like to include it in late versions of S2.

really? I thought I read an interview once stating it would probably come, but not before S3. I could be wrong though ofcourse
But no, I don't think the devs really know either. One of the reasons they started their own "company" was to get rid of the given deadlines
This poll is like "Would you like to get a million dollars? yes/no"
lol Deggis,

i think anyone who can drive/race in LFS would want rain... cant wait untill s3
Aww, c'mon guys, it's fun to speculate but all these posts claiming stuff from an interview 2 years ago, and from gossip and heresay around the forums, it's been thrashed around and around and reached urban myth status. No-one knows.
Quote :...he would like to include it in late versions of S2

That's not saying it's definitely going into S2 final. Would be nice though.
Quote :..but it definately will be implemented.

well that would certainly be nice if they can implement it.
Quote :'m almost certain varying weather will be in S3.

I'm almost certain most people would like weather effects in LFS
I'm sorry to say there is very little substance in any of these claims. Not yet anyway. :tit:
Merged both threads and some posts by dmwright & Jakgonuts.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :Jakgonuts.

damn right I do - I HATE racing in the wet, the karts just understeer, but then they are on slicks
Thanks for letting me know i would like the weather to change to in the wet on slicks
/me twiddles thumbs
i think having the wet would be good a show the good racers from the crap
I'd like to hear some arguments from those 2 who voted no.. I can't see any reason why someone would resist wet.
Quote :i think having the wet would be good a show the good racers from the crap

Well take that to a logical conclusion, get a server to impose stupid car setups on everyone who races and see who does best with zero downforce and flat tyres, etc.
illepallsilly. Lets try to be challenging but also retain some realism.
everyone wants rain, even better is if we had a forcast system be4 the race.
Nice avatar Bob, it makes me want to mock Tristian
#21 - Jakg
/me twiddles thumbs also
I would appreciate the inclusion of wet weather conditions, but mainly from the rather superficial reason that it's a change from normal conditions.
let them time to make it. soon or later i think they will implement it and more details that will leave us with the mouth open .
might go make a poll and see if people want more cars, more tracks, better graphics, and better physics... or I guess I could ask them if they'll be buying s3?

LFS Weather?
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG