The online racing simulator
all look great
Thanks Smile

Progress: started creating a dashboard according to drawings from my old owners manual.
Attached images
felda_progress_13.jpg
Hello! Great job on this project once again Big grin

I really like your work, always so clean and simple, flawless I'd say! Your models fit the LFS art style the best of all the mods imo too... I try to do the same as you, Keep it up man Smile
Quote from Kanker_aap :Hello! Great job on this project once again Big grin

I really like your work, always so clean and simple, flawless I'd say! Your models fit the LFS art style the best of all the mods imo too... I try to do the same as you, Keep it up man Smile

Thanks for nice feedback Smile All my models were made and optimized directly for LFS (except the Lemon Ara, which was originally designed as a papercraft body for a Kyosho Mini-Z RC car Big grin )

Progress: shading fixes and interior modelling. This project is much slower than my previous works, because it is much more difficult to get shading right while maintaining a reasonable poly count. I have tried multiple different approaches to topology of certain parts, but I am still not satisfied with rear mudguards and doors from the inside.
Attached images
felda_progress_14.jpg
Progress: more detailed chassis and reworked inner handles with fixed shading
Attached images
felda_progress_15.jpg
Progress: finished and optimized inner door handles. Finished rear doors. The shading optimization of these parts got very frustrating but it is almost done now.
Attached images
felda_progress_16.jpg
nice
Keep it up!
Thanks for support Smile

Progress: almost finished front doors. Added side indicators, a shifter and wipers. Minor shading adjustments.
Attached images
felda_progress_17.jpg
Progress: filled holes around dashboard. Updated headlight and rear mudguard shading.
Attached images
felda_progress_18.jpg
Awesome work on moding this iconic car, tnx man. Also, tnx very much for documenting the process.
Thanks for support Smile

Progress: added front seatbelts, handbrake and window cranks
Attached images
felda_progress_19.jpg
Quote from stuchlo :Thanks for support Smile

Progress: added front seatbelts, handbrake and window cranks

how will this look when you turn left/right? wont it clip, irl the seatbelt is flexible but in lfs its just static triangles
Quote from superlame :how will this look when you turn left/right? wont it clip, irl the seatbelt is flexible but in lfs its just static triangles

Yes, it will clip a little and it is not easy to adjust for both male and female drivers. I am not decided if it will be included in a final version, but it is good enough to illustrate that driver in front of me has fastened seat belt. In a simulator, only two parts of a mod must be flawless anyway. The first is a drivers cockpit and the second is a rear part of an opponent car Big grin A seat belt is only a small detail, which can be viewed from the outside only.

Progress: created a steering wheel
Attached images
felda_progress_20.jpg
Progress: basic dashboard geometry
Attached images
felda_progress_21.jpg
Progress: dashboard geometry
Attached images
felda_progress_22.jpg
Progress: adding dasboard detail + shading optimizations
Attached images
felda_progress_23.jpg
Fancy!
Thanks Smile

Progress: Blender work is almost done. Added ceiling details, pedals, an interior mirror, mirror levers and minor shading fixes.
Attached images
felda_progress_24.jpg
Progress: after finishing the 3D model and many shading fixes (using newly obtained info about n.c.level), I have started working on my favorite modding part - textures. Finally, after so many months, it begins to resemble a car Big grin

Attached images
felda_progress_25.jpg
Progress: textured steering wheel, seats and wheels. Added configurable whitewalls to match my old shark-mouthed car. Decided to use repeatable textures and add ambient occlusion as an overlay layer of triangles (my previous works did not use repeatable textures because of "baked" shading). The model is optimized to 14k triangles currently. The ambient occlusion and other shading effects will probably add 6-10k.
Attached images
felda_progress_26.jpg
Please keep the lower revs lively for engine cruise. It may be like Bzg compact. (5800-3400rpm)
Shy
Quote from seksen :Please keep the lower revs lively for engine cruise. It may be like Bzg compact...

The engine of the stock version will be 1.3 MPI 40kW, which works better in lower RPM range.

Progress: added more mappings, functional headlights and indicators. Added skin support. Looks like my first car is going to rise back from the dead!
Attached images
felda_progress_27.jpg
good looking car. Great build
Quote from rog_nilsson :good looking car. Great build

Thanks for support Smile

Progress: I have finally found a mistake in my computations of springing and damping physical values and the car feels much better now. Unfortunately, my first test with combination of repeating textures with "baked" shading failed because of texture compression (in the attached image).
Attached images
felda_progress_28.jpg

Škoda Felicia
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG