The online racing simulator
Even if it's just a schematic drawing,still the tyre should not intersect with damper,right?

Seen many sinning with this,like the attached example from a certain approved car.
Attached images
Untitled.png
Amazing job!

2 thing bother me tho. Where's turbo and why there's FPS counter in clock place? Tongue

Quote from Eclipsed :Even if it's just a schematic drawing,still the tyre should not intersect with...

ehhh... really? It's just physics visualisation and it looks absolutly correct.

Sometimes strunt aren't perfectly straight and damper with spring are above wheel and if u draw straight line, it will go through the wheel.
In Renault hot hatches, point of rotation are moved outside McPerson so to simulate feel of this in LFS u must do that.
Beyond that LFS montion ratio is always 1.0 when in real cars don't.

So no. It's not wrong...
-
(versiu) DELETED by versiu : double post sorry
Quote from Eclipsed :Even if it's just a schematic drawing,still the tyre should not intersect with damper,right?

Quote from versiu :Amazing job!

2 thing bother me tho. Where's turbo and why there's FPS counter in clock place? Tongue

Good points, I will fix it in the next version!
Thanks for the feedbackThumbs up
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :...maybe I need to do something differently but either I don't understand how it works, or it doesn't have a significant effect.

The NCL can only have an effect when used within the same smoothing group. In that case it will give a higher weighting to the triangles with the higher number. So it affects only the normals at the boundary between two normal contribution levels, within the same smoothing group. But across smoothing group boundaries, separate triangles do not contribute to the same normal anyway so then it has no effect.

But I wondered about the slight shading errors, and had a look in game and in editor. I tried "flat" view mode, because flat shading shows a good representation of the triangle normals, that produce the raw data for the vertex normals.

As you can see in flat shaded view, there is a sort of dent here (attached image). Because of how LFS works, that dent is the cause for the undesirable normals at that location.

I forgot to mention flat shaded mode. That is another thing that Eric uses a lot. I think that by moving vertices around a few mm here or there, the flat shaded model can display more consistent lighting and that will affect the vertex normals in a good way. I don't know if you can use the same thing in blender (I know blender supports non-triangle polygons so I don't know).

EDIT: I just remembered, sometimes triangle rotations can also have a quite a noticeable effect on the normals. I mean rotating two triangles within a quad (select 1 triangle, SHIFT+click the adjacent triangle). The LFS importer doesn't always make the best choice of triangle rotation when creating two triangles from a quad in the imported obj file.
Attached images
flat_shade_dent.jpg
Quote from Scawen :The NCL can only have an effect when used within the same smoothing group. In...

Thank you, that helps a lot
I've already made an update that fixes almost all the things we talked about, but I probably shouldn't confuse reviewers right now, so I'll make an update after the mod is published.
You can update it as soon you can, even before it gets published. Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :You can update it as soon you can, even before it gets published. Smile

Good to know, thanx, mod was updated.
I'm wondering, in the LFS editor PNG the texture looks good, but when testing in the game, the gradient looks stepped, is it possible to fix this so that it looks the same as in the LFS editor?
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-04-01 192132.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-04-01 192301.jpg
Great job as always! GT4 version will be epic
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I'm wondering...the gradient looks stepped, is it possible to fix this so that it looks the same as in the LFS editor?

I feel like I'm in those games where you need to find a difference between two pictures and not see anything Smile

Are you talking about shading and reflections? If so, isn't this due to the new LFS lighting method that the Editor is using? It's still not available in-game, this will be in the upcoming future update.
Quote from rane_nbg :I feel like I'm in those games where you need to find a difference between two pictures and not see anything Smile

Are you talking about shading and reflections? If so, isn't this due to the new LFS lighting method that the Editor is using? It's still not available in-game, this will be in the upcoming future update.

Im talking about dashboard texture, and it probably cant be fixed cuz converting in dds that have less quality. But maybe it not that bad if ppl do not notice that, but for me it looks obvious though.Uhmm
Yeah, I looked at it for a good 20 seconds, couldn't see any difference between dash textures, but I trust you. This is then due to image compression I guess. Don't worry about it, the mod is looking very good.

edit: oh I see it on the phone now, I didn't see it in my PC monitor, due to sun blasting at it Smile It's still fine.
I had a look and I don't know a way to fix it while using compressed textures. It is 16 bit colour banding due to the conversion to DDS. You can see it in the editor too if you switch on compressed textures.

I have a few too many things to do, so can't really investigate further at the moment. I'm not sure but maybe it could be better to go for a plain colour as the best compromise within the current system.
You could potentially look to add dithering/noise to it to maybe reduce the effect of the compression?
Hi,

Two visual requests that in my opinion should be done

1. The windows from outside are not really noticeable. Photo with RB4 for comparision.

2. The dashboard is a bit off. I wrote you in Discord too, but I decided to mention it here too.

Since the car is with a Manual gearbox, it doesn't have the gear indicator on the dashboard like on the PDK
I hope I'm not annoying you with feedback as I already posted in the other thread. It's just that I'm sitting here looking at the car and come across things. Big grin

1) I thought the front indicators are hard to see from some angles, like it has the front side ones but nothing front-facing. I really can't find reference on the internet but wondered if the lower front narrow strip lights could be used (though it needs reference material).

2) I found the up-down gear indicator on the dash too hard to read, it was so small, I thought maybe the 7-segment number would be enough as it looks nice. But I am uninformed, it's just an opinion / observation. But I think this is covered by superlame's suggestion.

3) I think the rear number plate has too much vertical stretch.
Quote from Scawen :I hope I'm not annoying you with feedback as I already posted in the other thread. It's just that I'm sitting here looking at the car and come across things. Big grin

Of course not, but I'm starting to feel a bit awkward, and I hope my mod doesn't distract you from working on LFS😅

Quote from Scawen :1) I thought the front indicators are hard to see from some angles, like it has the front side ones but nothing front-facing. I really can't find reference on the internet but wondered if the lower front narrow strip lights could be used (though it needs reference material).

To be honest, I'm focusing on GT4 right now, because there's a lot more of all sorts of little details. And this mod was done just by "it feels right", and didn't research many things, for example I'm not sure about the front and rear fog lights that i made, it just seemed right to me and that's what I did, and same with rear bottom ind. Just because this is just the first WIP version and i can fix it easely in no time.

Quote from Scawen :2) I found the up-down gear indicator on the dash too hard to read, it was so small, I thought maybe the 7-segment number would be enough as it looks nice. But I am uninformed, it's just an opinion / observation. But I think this is covered by superlame's suggestion.

Same thing, I haven't looked into this enough and superlame has pointed out that there is no such indicator on this model of the real car, so it will be removed in the next update.

Quote from Scawen :3) I think the rear number plate has too much vertical stretch.

This number plate was in the blueprint, so I'm make it like this. I will redo it to the European standard in the near future.
This car is a blast to drive, thank you for your work on this. The model work is done perfectly Big grin
I have made a stock setup for it as well. You can use it if you like it. Smile
Attached files
A949F9_Stock.set - 132 B - 19 views
I saw a parked Porsche on a walk yesterday, if was a 911 but had a similar layout for the front lights, including the front side indicators and the lower strip below the main headlights. We could see orange bulbs inside the strip light so think they must be indicators.

One more thing I noticed on the model, it looks like the calipers need to move out a bit as the disc is visible.
About indicators i find that moment - https://youtu.be/P4_K1WInzVA?t=555 But the indicator is also somewhere in the main light, I added it there.
The headlight under the main one is not an indicator, perhaps it is a fog light or high beam.

About brake calipers and disc, it was intentional. Some calipers are made like that.
Attached images
b3a86d4s-960.jpg
Без названия.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-04-06 230732.jpg
There was 4 miner updates while mod on review.

- update 1

Added brake calipers.
Changed dashboard texture.
Front suspension fixed to more visually accurate.
Front and rear track width a bit more wider to fill up arches better.
Various fixes in mesh geometry and shading.
Some fixes in mappings.
Engine changed to turbo, added turbo gauge instead of fps.e

- update 2

Lod 2 arches fixed.
Change wheel visibility to inside covered
Enabled Rim protector.
Rim changed to more visually accurate.
Changed crankshaft rotation to clockwise.
Changed Dashboard texture.

- update 3

Changed engine sound.
Added gauge icons on Dashboard texture.
Changed Logo.
Changed engine sound (thanx to iiiiil)
Changed glass texture.
Added ind light.
Changed some mappings.

- update 4

Added strut cover.
Chended sidevent to better model.
Added grill to vent.
Changed some mappings.
Fixing some holes.
Chanded diff to LSD in Race default setup.
Added turbo icon on dashboard.
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-04-07 165702.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-04-07 165830.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-04-07 165929.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-04-07 170044.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-04-07 165632.jpg
looks good! cant wait for a gt4 version Thumbs up
damn near perfect. my only request is for the stock race setup to boost the braking power. It can go quite a bit higher before abs kicks in and best times are in the territory of very very mild abs kick-in (1300/1400?)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG