The online racing simulator
If LFS was on STEAM then from 2024 onwards everyone who didn't have Windows 10 / 11 - wouldn't be able to play LFS*.

*Steam platform from 2024 no longer supports systems below Windows 10.
Quote from Lucas McFly :If LFS was on STEAM then from 2024 onwards everyone who didn't have Windows 10 / 11 - wouldn't be able to play LFS*.

*Steam platform from 2024 no longer supports systems below Windows 10.

If they're not on Win10 by 2024 then they're at huge security risk because there are no more updates for <10.

And in 2025, win 10 will also become insecure as it won't receive any more security updates either.
So what can I do on laptop from 2015 that does not support win11? So far I only replaced a sreen 2 times, battery 2 times, added 16g ram, added 2 ssd's, replaced cpu thermal paste. Other than these, it's like a new one Smile

It has an i7 4 core cpu and intel HD4600 integrated gfx, it runns LFS like a charm.
Main words was there in 2019:
Quote from Eclipsed :Just to point out before the big "why LFS not on Steam" crying begins:

Quote :
I can't see any reason to consider Steam at this time. It seems to me a really terrible time to just stop developing, hire an accountant, set up a limited company and start integrating LFS with the Steam system. All this while using the old version of LFS which people will just insult because of the outdated graphics.

... Instead, I am doing what I like to do, currently that is working on a new lighting system.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1949342#post1949342

4 years passed, no graphic updates, hehe. LFS is just a hobby project. Does not pretend to become something big (like Beamng) or famous.
Quote from cpn72 :Main words was there in 2019:

4 years passed, no graphic updates, hehe. LFS is just a hobby project. Does not pretend to become something big (like Beamng) or famous.

Buddy, LFS has had its time in the sun for a long time. For a huge number of simracers, it was where they experienced online racing for the first time. Pro drivers, both virtual and real, cut their teeth in LFS.

LFS was big and while it's slowed down a lot, it's impossible to deny its significance in simracing. And despite 20 years of existing, no sim has managed to capture the magic of LFS' pickup multiplayer where a race was always available. Only iRacing comes close to the same magic, albeit with much more structure.
Quote from gu3st :Buddy, LFS has had its time in the sun for a long time...

...ago. No doubt there were times.
I remember that Scawen somewhere mentioned his ~BMW M3 with low mileage. This fact just says team had have ability to hire developers and grow up (custom cars, custom tracks, sandbox, modern graphics).
Paradigm changed, small teams are no more competitive, wrong decisions were made.
Wrong decisions yes yes yes
Legit user no no no
Quote from cpn72 :...team had have ability to hire developers and grow up (custom cars, custom tracks, sandbox, modern graphics).
Paradigm changed, small teams are no more competitive, wrong decisions were made.

So boring to hear this old rubbish.

Eric and I are working on a project we love, the way we want to work. We work at home, on things we like to work on. It's a good life.

We don't work in an office, managing a team of artists and programmers and accountants and project managers etc.

The way we work earns less money but gives a better quality of life in our opinion although that might not be everyone else's ideal way to work.

If you are a victim of capitalism and you believe the purpose of life is to make the most money, then from your point of view we made wrong decisions, that's for sure.

If someone's opinion is that you should be able to work as closely as possible to the things you are interested in, then we made right decisions.

I'll say again, we make the game we want to make, the way we like to make it. If you like it, please race or play or whatever you want to do. If not, then go and do something else, that's fine. But just remember the developers are enjoying their work and this project is driven by many decisions other than maximising income.
Quote from paket42x :Wrong decisions yes yes yes
Legit user no no no

I am here from 2002, as I remember was S1 Licenced.
Quote from cpn72 :...custom cars...

Quote from cpn72 :I am here from 2002, as I remember was S1 Licenced.

It looks like you are complaining about the development, assuming nothing has happened since 2002, and you haven't even heard about the mods.

Why not at least have a look at our news items instead of just making up stuff and commenting as if it is fact?

https://www.lfs.net/news/type/-2
always nice to see a demo user complaining about LFS content

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG