The online racing simulator
High Dinamic Range implemented in S3 graphic engine
Watching some photorealistic videos of PGR3 and GT5 i realized that having the HDR support on lfs S3 engine will help a lot the realistical feeling of the game.

Atm there isn't any simulation on pc that support or will support soon HDR.
However S3 is yet far, so imho there will be the time for implementing it.

And however support to shaders and higher number of polys on car models too
This would force those of us with the horrible pcs to upgrade would it not?
Phizks 1st Gfx l83r
Quote from Ricerguy :This would force those of us with the horrible pcs to upgrade would it not?
Phizks 1st Gfx l83r

No, because s3 will be done if we are lucky at end of 2007, maybe 2008.
And if you will not have a hdr card at this time yet is better if you buy a console for gaming...
hrd always looks as if youre playing the game thorugh a camera ... nothing like what you would see with your own eyes
just checked...my gfx card stopped production...(whild guess ahead) before i was born...and LFS still works great on my system.

what if we can't update? AT ALL?
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :No, because s3 will be done if we are lucky at end of 2007, maybe 2008.

I think you've lost your mind. S2 final isn't even out yet and I don't expect it to be out for atleast another year. I doubt we'll see any type of s3 release before 2009.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :Watching some photo realistic videos of PGR3 and GT5 i realized that having the HDR support on lfs S3 engine will help a lot the realistical feeling of the game.

ah, but are those pictures or renders? i'm willing to bet its the latter masquerading as screenshots
Quote from Jakg :ah, but are those pictures or renders? i'm willing to bet its the latter masquerading as screenshots

videos, not pictures or renders.
People playing those on tv screens

However imho s2 final willl be out for christmas (after U there aren't many letters lol), so imho an S3A for christmas 2007 is realistic.
#9 - ORION
Almost all trailers are faked and post-processed in a way, so you never know whats real and whats fake.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :videos, not pictures or renders.
People playing those on tv screens

However imho s2 final willl be out for christmas (after U there aren't many letters lol), so imho an S3A for christmas 2007 is realistic.

i dont believe thats the game im afraid

Plus i like to know that i can take LFS into school and run it on an IGP, and at home it can still look good with aa and custom textures

PS - LFS is ALPHA, how can you expect S2 Full by christmas?
Implementing HDR in S3? Hell yes, why not.

To all HDR-looks-so-unrealistic naysayers, you forget one thing. It will be Scawen who implements it, and do you really think he would implement it in a fashion that would make LFS look like a flashy bling-bling game? I'd be really disappointed if you don't trust him to make that right. Also, hardware requirements is no argument at all, as im 100% sure he would implement it as an option, and it would have no effect on your current fps if turned off.
And even if you'd still hate Scawens HDR implementation, who is forcing you to leave it enabled?
#12 - Jakg
ah - i remember people saying HDR is a disavantage and that Scawen wouldnt make it an option becuase everyone would turn it off BUT if it was an option then +1, but i would rather a sound update than HDR
Quote from Jakg :
PS - LFS is ALPHA, how can you expect S2 Full by christmas?

After S2Z Alpha i don't think that there will be a S2A Beta, but Final

S1 was final at S1H6 version
Quote from Jakg :
Plus i like to know that i can take LFS into school and run it on an IGP, and at home it can still look good with aa and custom textures

i don't thing that lfs s3 should be limited because you want to go to school to play lfs instead of studying... go to a racing school then lol
what is HDR?
Thank you!
#21 - Jakg
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :After S2Z Alpha i don't think that there will be a S2A Beta, but Final

well then your wrong, as there WILL be a (small) beta phase
Quote from Jakg :well then your wrong, as there WILL be a (small) beta phase

How can you be so sure?
#23 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :because i remember Scawen saying that their would be...

link?
#25 - Jakg
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :link?

i don't have one, but i do remember that he said so, and S2 full by Christmas is VERY optimistic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG