The online racing simulator
New LFS version 0.7E
(120 posts, started )
had to buy s3 license after almost 20 years (been s2) once I noticed all the recent updates, specially pop up headlights and night tracks!
Night tracks? Bruh its not out, yet
Quote from Flotch :soon Omg omg omg Petals

And HAPPY NEW YEAR LFS TEAM !

2024 ? or 20?? We are patient but how long can we last?Rofl
Sorry for the confusion, but as I understand the AI have been updated to all vehicles? during test patch 0.7D48 the AI were more aggressive, had more special awareness and didn't struggle as much on faster cars. Today I tried again racing with the AI (on 0.7E) and it seemed the retraced their steps a bit, especially when racing faster vehicles. Is this a bug, intentional or just me being bad at racing? thank you
When I change the region on my server (Tütüncüler Garaj), Insim ports are not updated. Also, when we enter the online servers from the website, the player list in the Turkish servers does not appear.
Hello our dear Scawen. Can we hope for a test patch with physics and graphics this year?(2024). I hope for your answer.
Sure man, we can hope for what ever we want Smile

That was a clever way not to ask a direct question. I also like how you put the year in brackets. Better safe than sorry.
Quote from Foch_sho :Hello our dear Scawen. Can we hope for a test patch with physics and graphics this year?(2024). I hope for your answer.

I don't know if this is the place to talk about this topic, but there are a few things I observed. A program that has already been created. Before 7E was released, we were trying 2-3 test patches a day. This means that the developer team is careful not to deviate from the program. I don't want to sound knowing or claim that my thoughts are 100% correct. I'm just throwing out ideas. In my opinion, LFS's update plan will be to update the editor first. In every test patch, something about the editor is already shared. As for the graphics update. The developers know very well that it will not be difficult to add it day and night. I think they're adding something surprising. Like the weather... You may be wondering where I got this from. I've read articles where developers were inspired. There is a lot that can change or be updated before the chart or day and night. Of course, this requires time. Who wouldn't want to race at night....
Knowing the "program" so far, weather is not comming this year. Day/night cycle is already implemented and showcased to us a few years ago, so no surprizes there.
It will come this year chill i went to a prophet yesterday
Sometimes I like to think about what goes through Scawen's head when he reads our interpretation of his work present and future Smile
Quote from rane_nbg :Knowing the "program" so far, weather is not comming this year. Day/night cycle is already implemented and showcased to us a few years ago, so no surprizes there.

What I mean by surprise is something like rain and snow..
Rain and snow in LFS is years and years into the feature. It's not comming any time soon, since it has nothing to do with new lighting system and day/night cycle.

Realistic surprize could be the implementation of realistic bike physics. Or adding physics to a moving subobjects, enabling us to create working machines, like planes, caterpilar/crane wehicles.
Quote from rane_nbg :Or adding physics to a moving subobjects, enabling us to create working machines, like planes, caterpilar/crane wehicles.

This nonsense has gone way too far already in my opinion.
LFS is a racing simulator.
What's next?
Being able to use the cranes to build houses, factories, racing circuits or to fly planes in and out the racing track?
There should be one focus and one focus only from now on and that's new tyre physics and the graphics update.
Quote from Yisc[NL :;2078431"]This nonsense has gone way too far already in my opinion.
LFS is a racing simulator.
What's next?
Being able to use the cranes to build houses, factories, racing circuits or to fly planes in and out the racing track?
There should be one focus and one focus only from now on and that's new tyre physics and the graphics update.

You are quite right.. This is a racing game and the players' requests are ridiculous....
Quote from rane_nbg :Rain and snow in LFS is years and years into the feature. It's not comming any time soon, since it has nothing to do with new lighting system and day/night cycle.

Realistic surprize could be the implementation of realistic bike physics. Or adding physics to a moving subobjects, enabling us to create working machines, like planes, caterpilar/crane wehicles.

Go play crane and microsoft flight simulator :-)
I thought it was obvious - I was sarcastic about non-car machines Smile

On the serious side, the subobject physics may lead to a many new features like improved car model physics, falling off parts, dynamic aero elements, mechanical failures and similair.
Yeah, bike improvements are really welcome , already they feel great ! (going to take lessons in real life in the coming weeks Smile )

New LFS version 0.7E
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG