The online racing simulator
New LFS version 0.7E
(120 posts, started )
I confirm automatic downshifts occur at lower RPM and this was done during the test patch stage, with plenty of time for testing. The main reason it was done was because of the automatic shift at high rpm unsettling bikes a lot.

I am sure the new downshift time will not be ideal for all vehicles on all corners, but then it never was really ideal.

Competitive racers use a gear shifter to choose the best shift time so that is really the way forward and I believe you'll find it more fun in the end.
-
(johneysvk) DELETED by johneysvk : unconstructive
Isn't good idea to increase and demo slots connection? Maybe a bit more slots will give better presentation for what is to drive with more cars and that can help people to decide is it make sense to upgrade license.
At the moment demo servers are the most numerous. It would be a very bad business decision to offer more connections without additional cost, as all those cost devs in terms of server rent from their host providers.

I would for sure love to see this (we have 4×15conn and 2×47conn servers) and BL1 GTi server is most of the time full. Another thing is to increase amount of alowed cars on the track, which is still not available even on 79conn server (max 40 drivers on track).
NOTE: If you upgrade your host to 79 slots, you must then restart the host to actually gain the extra slots.
Done so, upgrading from 47 to 79 slots worked flawlessly Smile

OFF-TOPIC (unrelated to 0.7E)

I have a few questions/improvement suggestions regarding InSim :

• It would be useful to have an additional ISF flag (ISF_CIM) which would send an IS_CIM at InSim connect as you can't know in which mode the player is at InSim initialization.
• Is there a way, using IS_CIM, to know if the player is in the Mods screen or Cars screen? Shouldn't there be an additional mode identifier (CIM_GARAGE, CIM_CAR_SELECT and CIM_MODS_SELECT for example)?
• I suggest right click in the mods page to select a mod without going to the garage.
• SHIFT + i does not remove buttons with INST_ALWAYS_ON bit set in garage, cars or mods screen. Is this intentional?
• Is there a way to know how many mods are enabled in the mods screen? IS_MAL seems to also include hex names that are invalid/obsolete thus making it hard to have the list of the currently enabled mods but I may be missing something. Thanks for enlighting me.
New update looks really fantastic, thank you!

I am very happy I see many improvements that LFSLazy offered.

Hope to have some more in the next update, like real time lap time + current speed comparison to one's pb lap + projected laptime. (Helps practising and makes LFS better for practising for bigger events. And live gaps to 5 cars ahead and back during a race. And of course car radar if it's possible.
Quote from Scawen :NOTE: If you upgrade your host to 79 slots, you must then restart the host to actually gain the extra slots.

Merry Christmas Scawen. Celebrate it in good health with your loved ones.
Quote from Scawen :NOTE: If you upgrade your host to 79 slots, you must then restart the host to actually gain the extra slots.

Sidenote sir,

Did anything change for base tire grip for 4 wheeled cars (not bikes)?
Myself and a few others have noticed noticeably (ha, pun) lower grip especially at the rear, with cold tires. Even at peak warmth, the car will feel more skittish on mid corner especially at high speed.

It is noticeably different from before the update. I'm catching slides and losing traction in places I've not done before. However, it kinda makes the car feel more realistic sort to say, as the rear slip grip is now more "realistic" feeling, same for the front grip. More front scrub triggered more easier than before.

TL;DR - cars now drive less "planted" and the performance window for grip is smaller than it used to be - it's harder to mario kart (aka 4 wheel slide) a car through mid corner now as the rear grip doesn't seem as potent.

Your thoughts? Because it's very obviously different even how subtle it is... unless all of us are drunk Tongue
Quote from MicroSpecV :It is noticeably different from before the update.

Didn't you by any chance had a snack with these?
Great update full of neat improvements! (I noticed a small anomaly though. When you change your driver's name during an animation, the animation restarts. I can reproduce it with the 'Rossa' and 'MUN TG DUMPTRUCK' mods.)
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :it really isn't

Oh yeah you're right, I think it's wind related. Re-tested , none of the same issues cropped up. Lol
Quote from MicroSpecV :Oh yeah you're right, I think it's wind related. Re-tested , none of the same issues cropped up. Lol

I read whole post that you now removed, came up with snappy response but now it's all for nothing
Quote from NumberTwo :I read whole post that you now removed, came up with snappy response but now it's all for nothing

oops :/ Taped Shut
Hi, I saw that using the editor it is possible to set the digital speedo; How do I enter in the editor? Is there a guide?
Quote from fabrandaz :Hi, I saw that using the editor it is possible to set the digital speedo; How do I enter in the editor? Is there a guide?

I believe you need an S3 licence to use the editor.
Quote from gu3st :I believe you need an S3 licence to use the editor.

Yes, of course. My friends already have S3, I will buy it soon
Quote from Flame CZE :The LFS manual is a good starting point when you want to learn how to use the LFS Editor: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/LFS_Editor

the editor is really excellent. However, I hoped/believed that you could simply activate/deactivate the digital speedometer to be able to use it in hot laps.
do you know a way that allows this?
There isn't an option for that. Cars that don't have a digital speedo will only display an analog gauge.

However, it is possible to display a digital speedo on screen using the InSim protocol. There are several apps that already do this:

Detect & Monitor
LFS Companion
The PACT Driving Assistant
Thanks so much, I'll try now
Hi, just wanted to drop by and say: Big thanks for this update! I never had so much fun with AI races!
Thanks for the update and working/updating AI! The Quality and user friendliness of LFS is second to none!

New LFS version 0.7E
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG