The online racing simulator
after so many many years, i think is time to put the game on steam and revive MP as was in the gold era of s2
Quote from Inouva :after so many many years, i think is time to put the game on steam and revive MP as was in the gold era of s2

and let's go back to those days of multi-brand racing!!
Quote from Inouva :after so many many years, i think is time to put the game on steam and revive MP as was in the gold era of s2

putting the game on steam isn't gonna revive anything lol, it will probably hurt it more than anything and the developers.
Quote from javito01 :and let's go back to those days of multi-brand racing!!

at this point and after so many years i dont understand why they dont put it on steam, all the mayor simulators are there including iRacing, at this point there is no excuse

left the game after S3 came out
LFS is a niche within a niche. It's almost a cult game at this point.
Slapping it on Steam won't achieve much at all, other than hiving off 30% of revenue to Valve.
#6 - BeNoM
Quote from farcar :LFS is a niche within a niche. It's almost a cult game at this point.
Slapping it on Steam won't achieve much at all, other than hiving off 30% of revenue to Valve.

30% revenue to Valve on the thousands of new sales is still a large profit increase, would've been tens of thousands of new sales had it been added to Steam many years ago like has been suggested numerous times on the forums throughout the years.

But also Scawen has said repeatedly that LFS on Steam would've work with his development infrastructure and how he develops the game, which is understandable and fair enough. There's pros and cons to be sides of the argument with no easy answer either way.
Quote from farcar :LFS is a niche within a niche. It's almost a cult game at this point.

the game was kinda dead since they NEVER put the Scirocco as was promised in s2/s3 and since Assetto corsa was being a thing LFS started to die pretty quickly

look the state of the servers now 99% cruise or drift and on weekends with luck 1 or 2 racing servers, if wasnt for a random post on reddit i wouldn't never know that the game was still getting updates

LFS can still shine by slapping on steam, or you prefer that the game remain in the dark like was for the past 18years?
This is the choice of the developers and Scawen also knows that it will reach a larger audience on Steam. This is not a solution. When the big update comes, be sure that there will be an increase in players as much as AC's mass.
doubt it
Funny to hear periodic bursts of concern for the game from people who've abandoned it in the first place. It makes no difference where the game is, certain people won't play anyways.
Cmon, LFS is an indie game
GOG maybe?
Just to point out before the big "why LFS not on Steam" crying begins:
Quote :I can't see any reason to consider Steam at this time. It seems to me a really terrible time to just stop developing, hire an accountant, set up a limited company and start integrating LFS with the Steam system. All this while using the old version of LFS which people will just insult because of the outdated graphics.

Please don't try to start explaining why I should stop development right now and dedicate my life to business structures and Steam integration, because I am not remotely interested in that and might as well jump off a cliff. Instead, I am doing what I like to do, currently that is working on a new lighting system.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1949342#post1949342
too bad then, LFS will remain in the far far background of sim racing and kinda makes me sad

cya around maybe.
Wave
Quote from Inouva :too bad then, LFS will remain in the far far background of sim racing and kinda makes me sad

cya around maybe.

is LFS not being on steam preventing you from racing since 2015?
Quote from johneysvk :is LFS not being on steam preventing you from racing since 2015?

is there racing servers like when S2 was as it peak?, like 50+ racing servers and a few cruise ones?
Quote from Inouva :LFS can still shine by slapping on steam, or you prefer that the game remain in the dark like was for the past 18years?

Classic strawman fallacy here; stating I must either agree with you, or I must have a preference for the game to 'remain in the dark' - even though I never alluded to anything remotely near that.

But anyway, your post is purely speculative as you don't know the current sales figures or the forecast uplift that publishing the game on Steam would have, to know whether it would make sense to do it.

By the way, even without visiting the forums or Reddit I received notification about the update from 2 other sources, namely the LFS newsletter and subscription to the LFS YouTube channel.
I laugh at the people who think steam is the saving grace for liveforspeed.
Quote from zeeaq :Funny to hear periodic bursts of concern for the game from people who've abandoned it in the first place. It makes no difference where the game is, certain people won't play anyways.

"people who've abandoned it" Dude, people can't play the same game for decades with slow updates, minimal developers, no publisher and no 3rd party platform support. It's not abandoning when the developers practically encourage the community to die off.

It should've been added to Steam a decade ago, that's not the on the users. That's a developer problem...
Funnily enough with the new hosting system, it's probably in a better state than ever for Steam

Still don't think it's the right move to give away 30% of what is probably fairly modest revenue though.
Quote from BeNoM :"people who've abandoned it" Dude, people can't play the same game for decades with slow updates, minimal developers, no publisher and no 3rd party platform support. It's not abandoning when the developers practically encourage the community to die off.

It should've been added to Steam a decade ago, that's not the on the users. That's a developer problem...

Perhaps, but I suspect that people who complain still won't be satisfied and find other reasons to complain. Not that that's a bad thing, but from the product maker's pov, you have to be able to discern between the types of feedback.

That said, if I was really serious about wanting LFS on steam, I'd start with trying to make a more compelling case by pulling actual data for driving sims on steam like followers, DAUs, change over time and then sharing that here.

EDIT: And, on the off chance that someone might undertake this activity: 1. List of Sims 2. Steam Charts 3. Steam DB
Quote from gu3st :Funnily enough with the new hosting system, it's probably in a better state than ever for Steam

Still don't think it's the right move to give away 30% of what is probably fairly modest revenue though.

70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
Quote from BeNoM :70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

I mean (presumably) Scawen's family keeps being able to eat, so the licence sales are surely not nothing.
I think it's fundamentally wrong to wonder about other peoples business.
Scawen to me is a mythical person that probably has more things going on than LFS.
Instead of going to Steam, better way to start marketing LFS right now would be like annual "try S3 for free period" for every Demo to S2 lisenced user, where all content would be tryable. Maybe some people would upgrade, if they saw what LFS offers. Free S3 for a dedicated week/weekend would be nice to try, for example every Easter from Friday to Monday. Doesn't cost basically anything, but might get new regular racers more.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG