The online racing simulator
New LFS version 0.7E
(120 posts, started )
Hey, would it be possible to change server slot amount to maximum at mid-period and pay the extra for rest of it? And was it possible also at renewal?
Quote from pantiainen :Hey, would it be possible to change server slot amount to maximum at mid-period and pay the extra for rest of it? And was it possible also at renewal?

Quote from Eclipsed :Will there be an option to upgrade existing server?

Quote from Scawen :Victor does plan to add an upgrade option soon.

Sorry for the request here: But how can I actively help with the translation (German)? Are only those mentioned on the translation page allowed to do this? Currently these would be: GP4Flo, Gutholz, Limiter

I'm logged in (via lfs.net), but I'm not allowed/can't edit.

There are still - in the official version 0.6E - untranslated strings.

Hm, I didn't find the string in the translation file (also not in the english one):
Sound: Prevent clipping (EXPERIMENTAL)
Misc: Full physics for remote cars
Misc: Allow regional downloads
Gutholz seems to be still active,so I assume he is still maintaining the translation. If there are no strings in translation page for what you mentioned,they are still not added to translations.
Yes, I have been updating the german translation.
GP4Flo and Limiter are not active anymore, so having a second german translator might be good.

Those strings are not yet translatable though.
Thanks for the good work! A lot of new and polished feature that's cool! And even though I have been using test patches a lot, I am glad to have now everyone the same official version!
I did a couple of races yesterday, no issue as expected.
I wish you the best on the following development and hope it will be the end for you to maintain two branches!
Merry christmas!
Lfs is the rolling stone among the Sims....Thumbs up
gud, gud, more liveforspeed. I need it, I want it.
Good job on the updates everyone! Much appreciated.
I just saw my join date is one day after yours. Those were good days, man. That lap analyzer project you sent me continued into a Healthcare/Clinical System Engineer career all these years later. just wanted you to know that..
Alert_ Incoming Houthi DDoS Attack 25Dec Panic!Panic!!!
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by Eclipsed : Never mind,seems like I mistook ended Q session for race session...
Quote from Eclipsed :What I noticed just now - after finishing a race (at least currently on a custom config),no further laptimes are being clocked,laptime never stops anymore just like it was before after qualifying finish.
Is that an intentional change?

works fine on normal circuits
Scawen you are doing a good job.updates are good and the game is amzing.i love it
Great job guys! Long time supporter and a fan. Recently upgraded from S2 to S3 and tried a couple of mods. This gave a new life to the game and I wish you all the best in the future. Impatiently waiting for new stuff from all of you!

Merry Christmas!
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Firt of all, Thank you Scawen, LFS team. You did a big job!
I don't want to bother you but I noticed that something changed with wheels in LFSE 07E. The edge of tire itself and sidewall now look different and the edge is more noticeable. I know I use custom textures, but anyway. Same exact textures look different in new version.
IMO previous version looked much smooth and real.
Just wanted to point it out.

Which side of your screenshot is which version?
Hey, not sure if this has been reported, but probably some bug in the script (d'oh), almost every time a car loads in, something pops up along the lines of :

"Script 'xxx' cannot be run from a script".
If it's a paddle shift car, it says "paddle". If it's H pattern, it says 'road'. Doesn't affect gameplay.

There's also a yellow text, when opening mod list

Unless our beloved @Jonathan.Provost is being transferred out from stewarding duties... Taped Shut

And also, filesize upload needs to be increased, as layout .lyt files now exceed 20kb. Cheers!
Quote from MicroSpecV :Hey, not sure if this has been reported, but probably some bug in the script (d'oh), almost every time a car loads in, something pops up along the lines of :
"Script 'xxx' cannot be run from a script".

It's not a bug as such, but requires a detailed explanation every time it comes up.

The 'bug' is that your CAR.lfs scripts contain /run sequential (etc). This old thing has been useless since the mods were introduced. Instead, such scripts are run directly depending on the LFS car or mod's transmission type.

These commands have been ignored in CAR.lfs scripts since 2021 but now there is a text message to warn you.

The trouble is that old CAR.lfs scripts that were supplied with older copies of LFS contain those /run commands that are now ignored.

If you have a long lived LFS installation (so you get that message) and don't have anything in your CAR.lfs scripts, you can put the contents of the attached zip into your data\script folder and the messages will no longer appear.

Quote from MicroSpecV :There's also a yellow text, when opening mod list
Unless our beloved @Jonathan.Provost is being transferred out from stewarding duties... Taped Shut

That tells you where your mods are downloading from, if you are redirected to Japan or USA and should only happen once per LFS run.

Quote from MicroSpecV :And also, filesize upload needs to be increased, as layout .lyt files now exceed 20kb. Cheers!

Thanks, I've emailed Victor about this limit.
Attached files
CAR_script.zip - 3.4 KB - 187 views
Quote from MicroSpecV :And also, filesize upload needs to be increased, as layout .lyt files now exceed 20kb. Cheers!

The allowed size has been increased now. Thanks for reporting!
Quote from Eclipsed :Will there be an option to upgrade existing server?

Quote from pantiainen :Hey, would it be possible to change server slot amount to maximum at mid-period and pay the extra for rest of it? And was it possible also at renewal?

On your host's edit pages there is now a new Upgrade tab from where you can upgrade your host. The tab is only visible if the host is a subscription host and not already allows 79 slots.

There's also a bit of logic behind it:

If the host subscription has an open extension, that extension (and corresponding subscription) will be upgraded. The host slots will be upgraded after the extension is paid.

Otherwise, if the upgrade cost (price different relative to the remaining time of the subscription period) is less than 50 pennies, you get the upgrade for free. The subscription and host are upgraded immediately to the new desired slot amount. Of course when it's time to extend the host, the new price will be charged.

Otherwise, a subscription upgrade item is added to your basket, charging the upgrade price difference. The subscription and host will be upgraded after payment.
Seems like something is not working right - clicking to upgrade it leads me back to my hosts screen,link has changed,but there is nothing else different.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Ah sorry, I forgot one thingy. Please try again.
Now I can confirm it opens a very self explaining page,thanks!
Hi all!
I'm experiencing a problem with the 0.7E update. I only use the BMW formula, so in this version they changed the operation of the automatic transmission (I can’t do manual shifting). The essence of the problem is that when braking, the gear is now downshifted with a big difference.
For example, earlier (in all earlier versions) during overclocking, conditionally,
The shift from first to second gear occurs at 75 km/h. When braking, from second to first gear it was also reduced by 75 km/h. But now, in version 0.7E, up at 75 km/h, and down only at 65 km/h. There was a difference of 10 km/h. From third to second gear the difference is 15 km/h.
Which is a big problem for me.
At the exit of the turn, the gear is in the wrong gear, higher than necessary, and accordingly I accelerate much slower.
Very interesting, is this a typical error or is it intentional? It seems to me that with such a problem I will never be able to participate in races.
Quote from Dorall :Hi all!
I'm experiencing a problem with the 0.7E update. I only use the BMW formula, so in this version they changed the operation of the automatic transmission (I can’t do manual shifting). The essence of the problem is that when braking, the gear is now downshifted with a big difference.
For example, earlier (in all earlier versions) during overclocking, conditionally,
The shift from first to second gear occurs at 75 km/h. When braking, from second to first gear it was also reduced by 75 km/h. But now, in version 0.7E, up at 75 km/h, and down only at 65 km/h. There was a difference of 10 km/h. From third to second gear the difference is 15 km/h.
Which is a big problem for me.
At the exit of the turn, the gear is in the wrong gear, higher than necessary, and accordingly I accelerate much slower.
Very interesting, is this a typical error or is it intentional? It seems to me that with such a problem I will never be able to participate in races.

Do u use mousewheel to change gears?
No, only G25

New LFS version 0.7E
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG