The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
Quote :New +/- buttons to adjust number of connections shown in N-list

If the scrollbar isn't visible, pressing these buttons seems to do the opposite of what I'd expect. Pressing "plus" makes the buttons smaller and I'd expect them to make the buttons bigger. Maybe the function of them should be "resize buttons" rather than "adjust number of connections"?

Quote from ElPvtoV2 :Hi, i bought a new pc and i had installed this patch, but now my lfs dont work, i cant see the events in the main menu, i cant see the multiplayer servers and when i close lfs cause it didnt work, i have a permanent black screen and i have to restart the pc. (It happends when i install patchs, how can i fix it?)

Try first to install and run 0.7D.
It should work.
Then patch it.
It should work too.

Report what happens.
The F9 tyre diagrams don't stretch all the way down in test patch:

0.7D

0.7D51

It looks like it's intentional but I didn't find it in the patch notes. Is it to have a clear separation between the dirt bar and the tyre?
Attached images
tyres_7D51.jpg
tyres_7D.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :The F9 tyre diagrams don't stretch all the way down in test patch:

0.7D
[image]

0.7D51
[image]

It looks like it's intentional but I didn't find it in the patch notes. Is it to have a clear separation between the dirt bar and the tyre?

Yeah this was reported some time earlier as well but it's still unclear whether it was intentional or not. I personally liked it more the old way where both start from the bottom.

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Did something change in F9 display? I noticed tyres are shown a bit more compressed/squashed compared to D48

I also do prefer the old version with the bars inside the tires a lot more.
I think this is because there are no longer parts of the rim that are created by LFS. It is up to the mod creator where the rim goes. This means the code doesn't really have knowledge of where to draw the rims. So I think the simple fix at that very complicated point of development, when the rim system was changed totally, was to make the tyre code draw what it does know about, that is the tyre cross section.

It hasn't seemed very important to spend time trying to figure out some "solution" to a problem I didn't know was a problem at all. Maybe it could draw something where the rim flange should be.

Does it seem important in some way? I'm finding it hard to get excited about. Tilt
Quote from Scawen :So I think the simple fix at that very complicated point of development, when the rim system was changed totally, was to make the tyre code draw what it does know about, that is the tyre cross section.

I think this is a good enough explanation Smile It is not a real problem for me personally, I was just curious about the reason. It will just take some getting used to the tyre being visually shifted up (even though it is not).
I agree, not something worth investing time at this point.
OK, thanks. I've added it to a list anyway, in case it seems a good idea and can be coded safely in the final week before the official release (either next week or the following week).
Quote from Scawen :OK, thanks. I've added it to a list anyway, in case it seems a good idea and can be coded safely in the final week before the official release (either next week or the following week).

It's fine Scawen, just work on releasing the official version. You already made so much work in this teat patch that it could have been a few official versions already. You can't get it perfect and there will always be something "small" that can come up when you are about to release it. Just do it Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :If the scrollbar isn't visible, pressing these buttons seems to do the opposite of what I'd expect. Pressing "plus" makes the buttons smaller and I'd expect them to make the buttons bigger. Maybe the function of them should be "resize buttons" rather than "adjust number of connections"?

image snipped

That makes sense. I'd also like to have control over the number of connections. Two buttons to set the text size, and two more to limit the number of lines. My personal choice would be list with ~25 connections with a scrollbar and medium sized text. So it doesn't overlap with the map.

Not a show-breaker but since the iron is still hot Smile
Test Patch D52:

Lights:

Support for multiple light mappings (enabled in LFS editor D52)
Virtual gauges now show sidelights / low beam / high beam symbol

Dashboards:

Support for new options (minor updates) now available in editor

Interface:

Multiplayer N-list +/- buttons now refer to size of buttons

Wheels:

Support for new rim material settings (enabled in LFS editor D52)
Wheels set to "inside covered" now match the editor
- "inside covered" or "open wheel" only affect logo and lighting
- visibility of brake disc and spoke object is no longer affected

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch D52:

Lights:

Support for multiple light mappings (enabled in LFS editor D52)
Virtual gauges now show sidelights / low beam / high beam symbol

Dashboards:

Support for new options (minor updates) now available in editor

Interface:

Multiplayer N-list +/- buttons now refer to size of buttons

Wheels:

Support for new rim material settings (enabled in LFS editor D52)
Wheels set to "inside covered" now match the editor
- "inside covered" or "open wheel" only affect logo and lighting
- visibility of brake disc and spoke object is no longer affected

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005

First of all, greetings! You did a great job. This is a test patch that exceeds expectations, but there is only one thing I see missing. I wanted to try the test patch before playing the demo for the last time. Because I will buy a license tomorrow. Anyway, back to the topic...
As seen in the video, when the low beam headlights are turned on inside the vehicle, they are not visible on the instrument panel. But when viewed outside the vehicle, this is present on the electronic display. The blue warning light appears only when the long lights are on inside the vehicle. You can bring a fix for this. The dipped headlights may appear green when turned on. ((I apologize if there are translation errors.))

Thank you again. Good luck.https://youtu.be/6xrRvIoSI_A
-
(YukselYilmaz) DELETED by YukselYilmaz
Moved off topic posts to the cleanup thread.

I am under a lot of pressure and would appreciate it if people stay on topic. Thank you.
Very small and not at all important, but also easy to "fix".
The commands.txt file in the docs do not contain the lights commands yet, maybe you can add them there for the release Smile
I love the idea for them for headlights but I also can't wait to see how people "abuse" the feature to create other unique things.
Very nice! I wasn't expecting to see those popup lights working until the new graphics and especially night time lighting. Same as gu3st, I'm curious to see how people will abuse this, maybe for moving rear wings on some cars?
Quote from Bokujishin :Very nice! I wasn't expecting to see those popup lights working until the new graphics and especially night time lighting. Same as gu3st, I'm curious to see how people will abuse this, maybe for moving rear wings on some cars?

Pretty much anything with a hinge I think. Hood or doors is the obvious one to me. No multiple sets of hinges so it'd probably be one or the other. Still a lot of interesting things it could be used for outside of just lights Smile
Gotta love this D53 patch. Everyone loved that. Glad lights work on steering subobs too!

xrr should be like that ? Great update btw Big grin i really like the new features
Thank you sooooooooooo much!!! <3 <3 <3
Shading issue
Will there be graphics and night mode in the 0.7E? and how many days left until release?
This thread is closed

Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG