The online racing simulator
What about S4?
(22 posts, started )
What about S4?
S3... We were told this game would be released in thirds basically. And apparently it has. But what if things change in auto racing? Not just electric cars as the physics would still pretty much be the same, but hovering cars? Would there be additional work for that? Or would it be like "F%$# that! I did my time and ain't doing any more!"? I'm just speculating of course. I don't expect to see hover cars, much less hover car racing in my lifetime. But if by some miracle it popped up in the next couple of years, what then?
Ideas for S4:
- Snow
- Rally track
- Track editor (like vehicle editor not only objects)
- +15 official cars (GTR/MUSCLE CAR/KART updated/BIKE/...)
(mod is not always perfect)
- Weather (rain, fog, season?)
- Special software for server
- Possibility to change rims
- Make suit skinable

Just for a track editor, i buy it now Smile
bro S4 never gonna exist lol scawen just gonna add maps on s3 users lol
+ scawen has enough money so no s4
#5 - Sobis
Quote from Joe mama1256 :+ scawen has enough money so no s4

I like how you just single handedly evaluated devs financial situation
#6 - Breon
:lfs:should i get s3?
@breon absolutely, car mods are rlly good now that the official releases are, well, official
#8 - cuni
Attached images
image.png
Once the tire and graphics are updated, I'd love for the source code to be licensed out to other developers.

The foundations of LFS are so solid, and easily hold up today.
It would be awesome to see where others could take it.

Like what Reiza Studios did with Rfactor 1 (Automobilista) and Project Cars 2 (Automobilista2).
Quote from farcar :Once the tire and graphics are updated, I'd love for the source code to be licensed out to other developers.

Like what Reiza Studios did with Rfactor 1 (Automobilista) and Project Cars 2 (Automobilista2).

why should others earn undeserved money? that will be a huge mistake!
Quote from cuni :

TEN YEARS??????????????????????? WHAT?? ten years is so long, and how did u got this info?
coz ten years to get s4 is long, is it like, IN ten years, or its gonna last ten years?
Quote from Joe mama1256 :bro S4 never gonna exist lol scawen just gonna add maps on s3 users lol

LFS - Realistic Racing Simulator
Quote :Live for Speed is in constant development. S3 is the third step towards our vision of the finished product, and already does a very good job in simulating real racing.

It will release, we just have to be patient
Quote from super_gt :why should others earn undeserved money? that will be a huge mistake!

I'm not sure you're understanding how licencing agreements tend to work.
Quote from farcar :Once the tire and graphics are updated, I'd love for the source code to be licensed out to other developers.

The idea of selling operating licenses for the LFS game engine is not absurd. On the other hand, I'm not sure we have anything to gain as players.

In fact, it is true that this would lead other studios to develop (perhaps more quickly Big grin) paid products competing with other packaging and cosmetic marketing targets. But it would be enough for the mod system to mature and be accompanied by a track editor and the possibility of creating your own championships to achieve the same result, with a level of freedom and creativity which risks becoming even rarer the future.

We don't have much power here, and certainly not to interfere in the LFS business plan. For my part, I hope that LFS will remain this historic monument of automobile simulation, independent, humanly open and accessible, creative and unique.

If the LFS game engine is sold in the form of commercial licenses, it is simply LFS which will disappear under competing offers based on the same physics. The balance of power between the big studios and the human resources of the current team will be much more disadvantageous than it is today. And undoubtedly fatal. But this choice is not ours. Shrug
I am not sure S4 is planned?
All work-in-progress updates are either for S3, for example new tracks or updates to mod system.
Or they are for LFS in general, like updates to existing tracks or physics/graphics updates.
contributing a little, I doubt it will happen for S4, there is a lot of development for S3, but they are updating it after a long time.
I'm more into racing, and I think these "slow updates" made many leave the game, I remember before the multi-class racing servers were full...
I hope those times return.
Talk to Iracing devs and offer them to sell the tyre physics code, i guess they will laugh in your faceCool
Quote from Gutholz :I am not sure S4 is planned?

Exactly - until now there has not been a slightest info about any plans or even intentions to release something as a next level licence stage. Reminder to all - S is content level stage and not a step to some huge upgrade of simulator itself.
Quote from paket42x :Talk to Iracing devs and offer them to sell the tyre physics code, i guess they will laugh in your faceCool

Just go and steal the rF2 physics like Rennsport did.
Quote from gu3st :Just go and steal the rF2 physics like Rennsport did.

How did they do it? Code copying? Or a similar attempt to reproduce physical phenomena through programming ?
Quote from NENE87 :Ideas for S4:
- Snow
- Rally track
- Track editor (like vehicle editor not only objects)
- +15 official cars (GTR/MUSCLE CAR/KART updated/BIKE/...)
(mod is not always perfect)
- Weather (rain, fog, season?)
- Special software for server
- Possibility to change rims
- Make suit skinable

Just for a track editor, i buy it now Smile

+1
Rally Stages 🔥

What about S4?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG