The online racing simulator
Radeon 9250 problem.
(8 posts, started )
Radeon 9250 problem.
Okay - I've had a look back through the forums but can't quite come up with anything like my problem - so here goes.

I seem to have a problem with my graphics card. I can race in chase view and get a good 90 - 100 FPS all night long. I can race in wheel only view and get 140+ FPS, but if I choose cockpit view I will get a good frame rate for about a lap or so, and then ----- nothing. Whole graphics system shuts down and I get a message on screen saying "no signal" or something like that.

I don't get any green dots or slowing down - it just goes "pop" and nothing. It's annoying as since I became S2 licenced I prefer to race the open wheel cars from cockpit view, but with this problem I cant.

Is my card FUBAR? Is there anything I can run to test it - like a benchmark program - and if so where do I get one? Is there any way of monitoring the system to see what's happening when it shuts down? It looks like an overheating problem but it's weird - is cockpit view really that much more process intensive than say chase view?

Over to you guys - try not to baffle me with tech speak too much if you'd bee so kind!
#2 - Jakg
Quote from Hog700 :Is my card FUBAR? Is there anything I can run to test it - like a becnhmark program - and if so where do I get one? Is there any way of monitoring the system to see what's happening when it shuts down? It looks like an overheating problem but it's weird - is cockpit view really that much more process intensive than say chase view?

i used to have this, and ill ask you a few questions, and yes cockpit view is the most demanding view of them all
What PSU do you have? (Power supply - ie your pc may be underpowered and just run outta juice and turn off!)
Is It overclocked? (Happens to me when i overclock my 6600GT's)
Is it overheating? (Most Likely)

Benchmarking > www.futuremark.com and try 3DMark03
PSU - don't know. Am at work at the moment so will have a look later on. Any idea on what the minimum requirement is? 350 / 450 / 550???
Overclocked - Nope - never touched it.
Overheating - again don't know - how could I find out?
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Hog700 :PSU - don't know. Am at work at the moment so will have a look later on. Any idea on what the minimum requirement is? 350 / 450 / 550???
Overclocked - Nope - never touched it.
Overheating - again don't know - how could I find out?

depends what your PC is, but 350w should do for a sys with a 9250 in it, i reckon that you should look at overheating tho
Okay - What I'll do is open up the case to have a look at the PSU later. While I've got it open I'll use one of my R/C cooling fans to blow on the card and see if that helps while I race on cockpit view.

Is there anything I can have on screen showing temps - I've seen on here before people quoting CPU temps and such?

Thanks for your help JakG!!

Edit: Got to go to dentist later so this may or may not happen tonight.......
#6 - Jakg
cpu temps are easy (i use Speedfan), but graphics cards are harder as few cards come with the temerrature thingies on them

Que someone more helpful...
#7 - Bean0
ATI Tray Tools will give you GPU, CPU and environment temps
Okay cheers for the quck response chaps - I will report back when I have some information.

Thanks again

Radeon 9250 problem.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG