The online racing simulator
SWIRL SPORT 06 CUP
(21 posts, started )
SWIRL SPORT 06 CUP
Vehicle mod: SWIRL SPORT 06 CUP
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/2670D3

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Racecar version of the japanese pocket-rocket.

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Racecar version of the SWIRL Sport.

- 2.0L engine (~230hp, ~270Nm)
- 6 speed manual transmission
- 215/40 R17 slick-tires
- ~980kg weight

COVER SCREENSHOT:
this attention of detail is unhealthy. loved the work, keep it up!
#3 - URUQ
This car is amazing! GJ :>
Seeing how much fun the regular Swift was, the fun was turned up by 300% on this one. Great Mod!
Thank you guys, really appreciate it! It took me way longer to get here than I anticipated, but well worth every minute. Despite the massive version counts (sorry for that) there are still areas I'm not satisfied with 100%, so slight modifications and -hopefully- improvements will be made in the future as more and more feedback comes in.

Attached images
sscupfinal.png
Awesome work! It has currently taken over as my most favourite car to drive/race!
Can you fix the LOD3 mappings? It should have the skin/colour mappings just like LOD1 and LOD2 - now it's just grey.
Attached images
lfs_00000086.jpg
lfs_00000085.jpg
lfs_00000084.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :Can you fix the LOD3 mappings? It should have the skin/colour mappings just like LOD1 and LOD2 - now it's just grey.

Sure, I'll fix it in the next update, thanks for the suggestion! Why is it important though? Isn't it just used for collision geometry?
LOD3 is also drawn when the car is inthe far distance. It's noticeable if I adjust my User LOD graphics setting to the minimum.
Attached images
lfs_00001615.jpg
lfs_00001616.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :LOD3 is also drawn when the car is inthe far distance. It's noticeable if I adjust my User LOD graphics setting to the minimum.

Should I use skin data with all the nonskin parts painted black, or is the general base colour enough?
Definitely use the skin mapping as well in all LODs.
An exciting RTFR race with a packed grid, using the car! Smile

Watched the whole race yesterday, it was fun, enjoyed it.
It is still unreal to see my little baby being used in such event by these professional drivers.

I would love to have any feedback on how well the mod worked.

(Pacsi Wave )
Well,I have some feedback from making a skin for it - the windshield visor should also be mapped into skin file,currently it can be only white or colored with bodywork color in garage (which colors over the skin too). Also the sideskirt on skin mapping is much bigger than it actually is - the lower part is simply covered by grey stuff. And low priority suggestion - maybe add also rear wing end plates to skin.
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,I have some feedback from making a skin for it - the windshield visor should also be mapped into skin file,currently it can be only white or colored with bodywork color in garage (which colors over the skin too). Also the sideskirt on skin mapping is much bigger than it actually is - the lower part is simply covered by grey stuff. And low priority suggestion - maybe add also rear wing end plates to skin.

First of all allow me to congratulate for these events, keep it up!
Thank you for your suggestions. Thumbs up

I've modified the windscreen visor and the rear spoiler-endplate to be part of the skin and the visor will not use the color configs anymore, so it will always represent the color of the skin file.
The lower part of the side is indeed covered by the black sideskirt, so those are "unvisible" parts in the skin currently, but that part is temporary.

Currently I'm working on custom sideskirts, rear bumper and an instrument cluster.
I'd like to suggest also unlinking colour for interior and side mirrors
Quote from johneysvk :I'd like to suggest also unlinking colour for interior and side mirrors

What is the problem with that?

I intentionally created them this way for easy customization. Watching the stream yesterday proved to me, that this gives players ability to use unique visuals without creating skins. It could also be handy for teammates with small distinguishing details.
well, in my case, i did not want my mirrors the color of my interior, as i colored those with the skin and i did not want bright white interior either, don't really see the point when you have the mirrors skinnable.

I think in the situation where you need distinguish between teammates, they're likely to be using skins anyway Smile)
Quote from johneysvk :well, in my case, i did not want my mirrors the color of my interior, as i colored those with the skin and i did not want bright white interior either, don't really see the point when you have the mirrors skinnable.

I think in the situation where you need distinguish between teammates, they're likely to be using skins anyway Smile)

You are totally right, I've already separated the interior and the mirrors couple weeks ago for the exact same reason, I just forgot that it is not in the public build yet. Face -> palm
Version 75

- modified rear bumper
- front windscreen visor is now part of the skin file
- side mirrors are no longer mapped to the same color config as the interior
- LOD3 is set to use skin mapping

Thank you for your suggestions! Wave Please let me know if you experience any problems with the mod.

SWIRL SPORT 06 CUP
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG