The online racing simulator
The 200 is now skinnable!

Attached are a default monochrome JPEG, and a layered PSD (zipped) with all the components used to make the default skins that come with the mod.
Attached images
41A2A0_DEFAULT.jpg
41A2A0_organicss.jpg
Attached files
41A2A0_DEFAULT.zip - 10.4 MB - 88 views
Outstanding job!
Thanks Smile
A real pro job with this PSD file. Too few mods have good working skin models and lods.
It's cool that an upcoming scheduled event motivated you to finalize your skin templates.

Thanks again for this great car.Thumbs up
Smile Hi Racon,
I tried this car again last night and couldn't drive it with the G27 Frown
The steering wheel slams too hard when braking. I don't remember that it did with the G25, or not as strong.
This is the only car in the game that I have this problem with my settings, and the steering wheel force is not set very hard.
Do you have a solution?
Thanks
The default sets have very strong brakes, so it doesn't take much to get the ABS shaking - if you reduce them so that the ABS only just kicks in, that should help.
I changed the setup as you said and adapted my steering wheel settings. It's better. But the direction remains strangely β€œnotched”. I will try to improve that. Thanks for your reply Thumbs up.
Quick update to the development plan: Several attempts at smoothing the problem areas in the mesh have failed spectacularly, so it's time to bite the bullet and start out with blender, I think. If I can't fix the door outline that way, I'll just draw the $%*%& thing into the skin Wink That pushes the mesh-smoothing part of the project to the longer term as I don't have much free time, but it will be worth it in the end.

I've added a GT-compatible 100 to the line-up, with an NA inline 4 and more basic styling (smaller bonnet vents, rear bumper, and the much requested exhaust at the back Wink ). It seems to sit between the two performance-wise, but is subject to tweaks with online testing. (test)

The 200 is staying as is, except mesh smoothing.

The 300 I'm still not happy with the tyres, there's just too much sidewall for that car. I will go back a step with that one soon, but much testing is needed as I want it to be the last physics change on that car.

To follow is the GTR-compatible 500. It'll be compatible in terms of performance but the lore is that it's a street car rather than a 'proper' race car. Reference images attached.
Attached images
nissan-240z-modern-man-is-the-king-of-downforce_3.jpg
nissan-240z-modern-man-is-the-king-of-downforce-140735_1.jpg
Fantastic news.Omg omg omg

I hope that the mirrors of the GTR-compatible 500 will be placed as on the reference images.Thumbs up
Haha, I really, really hate fender mirrors Big grin

If it's possible to do them as a config option, I will do them for the 500 Thumbs up
I don't find the fender mirrors very attractive, but it's very practical for visibility Big grin

If you could do that, that would be really cool Thumbs up, especially for the 500 Omg omg omg !
Smile Hi Racon,

I tested your version 100 compatible GT. What I'm about to say surprises me, but I think it's the best. (normally, I get bored quite quickly with "small" cars with suspensions like trouser suspenders Big grin).

Road holding is very healthy. The car does exactly what you want and reacts as expected. It's very pleasant to drive. There is (in my opinion) a very good relationship between handling and engine power. Unlike many small cars from LFS, it stays hooked to the road without excessive wheelspin. The interior and exterior engine sounds are very good.
Congratulation ! Thumbs up

Remarks:
Hard braking is always a little strange behind the wheel. But you don't brake much with this kind of car Big grin.
It seems that your tachometer is not yet correctly calibrated (red zone).

I'm really looking forward to seeing the sequel.Omg omg omg
Well, that was superfun Big grin
Thanks for coming!

You guys put on a great event, and that track choice was perfect. I learned a lot about setting it up for racing and I loved every minute of it. I will be rearranging the default sets soon to include the set I used for the race, which was based on your setup Thumbs up

It's a quite a thing to be sat on the grid surrounded by a large field of your car... and facing a tricky chicane for T1, too. The practice races helped a lot, but I still managed to leave space on the track for an echo several times Big grin

Avraham: The fender mirrors test was successful, so the 500 has them available as a config option Thumbs up
Smile This is great news. Thank you very much Racon Wink

Look, it's not too awful.Razz
Attached images
BREDATSUN.JPG
The 500 is now up for review, complete with fender mirrors and the meanest-looking low spoiler you've ever seen Wink It's a how-far-can-you-push-a-street-mod-before-it's-just-a-race-car mod Thumbs up

The 300 has new wheels and is nearly ready with skin support - update soon! (it's the last wheel change! Yes, they're a bit extreme, but it's just too much car for a more 'proper' sidewall height. There's no point having 50% more power than the 200 if you're not able to lay it down nicely. You were all right about the sidewalls for the 200 and I took it further for the 100... but this one just needs less to feel right).

That's mostly wraps for the Firefly series. Other than fixes, the next updates will be after I'm sufficiently familiar with blender to be able to re-topo the parts of my model that goraud doesn't want to play ball with, and then some general upgrades to the interiors.
Looking fwd to trying the 500 out, though not a fan of the wheels, looking a bit too cartoonishly big to my eyes
Attached is a universal PSD skin kit for all the Firefly models (all parts are aligned across all models).

Includes base layers, blackmasks, guidelines and various layers used to create the default skins.

Quote from johneysvk :Looking fwd to trying the 500 out, though not a fan of the wheels, looking a bit too cartoonishly big to my eyes

The low camera and fish-eye FOV in that video exaggerates them but yeah, they're not quite right yet. I've had a few goes at it, and will again. Rest assured they are better than when I first traced them out from the photo Big grin
Attached files
FireFlyUniversal.zip - 19.4 MB - 78 views
I tested the new 300 last night. Fantastic ! Omg omg omg

Superb car Thumbs up. I must admit that I was also surprised by the very contemporary look of the rims and the low profile tires. When I see this car, I think of the legendary American races of the early 70s... But these tires are very efficient, and the driving is pleasant. The car remains playful and surprisingly docile. It is very successful.

Smile Racon, you have given us one of the most charismatic mods I have tried so far. I'm a long way from having tried them all. I have already had 3 or 4 very nice surprises. But your 300 outclasses them all in its result (precision? finish? I don't know how to say that? but it's great Big grin). I also greatly appreciate the attention to detail and the perfect skin template. It's very professional.

Thank you very much, I eagerly await the sequelSmile.
Updated the wheels of the 300 and 500 (visual changes only!) - they look better I think, but I'm still not quite there. The outer rim now has a centre bulge, the spokes/blades are moved further back from the outer edge and don't go quite so far towards the inner, and the sidewalls look less extreme even though the tyre itself is unchanged.

On the 300, I have also swapped the order of the first two default setups to allow more ride height in custom setups. Now 180cm of travel available.

With many thanks to Trespasser for helping with race setup and suggestions Thumbs up
Are you planning on making a sparring partner for this car at some point?
Love the mod, I just wish there were more cars to race it with.
I'm a long way from any new mods - I have 6 that all need varying amounts of finishing up, I have to catch up Big grin

As for balance:

The 100 is balanced to XRG and XFG, comes out somewhere between the two.

The 200 is just above TBO, we use 5% res on DD to balance it. Rony has it in RandomCar also, but uses 80kg and no res instead to balance. (It's very light, doing it with weight instead of res lessens the tyre advantage as well as matching the speed.)

The 300 is well matched to iiiiil's COQUETTE Z5. The Z5 has slicks available and the 300 doesn't so you need to watch that, but they match well when on the same tyres. We also have the FRAUD 040 and AM PHOENIX in that class, but those are both 4-speed boxes and that's enough disadvantage for them to get eaten alive on tracks where the speed varies a lot.

The 500 is balanced to GTR class. (I say balanced but I'm pretty incompetent at driving anything involving downforce so I dare say this one probably needs some work Big grin)

I've attached our class guide graphics for each.
Attached images
DDGT.jpg
DDTBO.jpg
DDMuscle.jpg
DDGTR.jpg
Firefly 100 anyone? Big grin

Next Monday, October 16th, @ Rockingham Historic (RO8). CESAV Turismo Cup Round 2

🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁
21:30 CET – Free Practice
22:15 CET – 15 minutes Timed Qualifying
22:30 CET – 25 Laps Race. No pit stop required

Our timezone is currently UTC+2

Sign-up on the link below!
https://www.cesav.es/index.php?pid=12

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG