removed extra chrome cover from door handles
updated engine torque curves to better match realistic values
adjusted car mass to match the real value
Attached images
lfs_00000279.jpg
lfs_00000280.jpg
lfs_00000281.jpg
lfs_00001603.jpg
I prefer to have RPM gauges in all cars, even if the original does not have them. Otherwise players are forced to use virtual RPM display (or be at disadvantage) which is imo more unrealistic than an extra instrument on the dashboard.
Maybe I can make it an option as a configuration?

By the way, using the rev gauge in this car to know where to shift is not very helpful, because the torque curve drops down significantly before it can even hit the hard rev limiter. So I’m not sure if it’s even useful to have it at all.

But I could make it a config, one option can be an aftermarket additional rev gauge, which people did place in the real cars, or simply place the rev gauge and its lights where they used to be.
Quote :By the way, using the rev gauge in this car to know where to shift is not very helpful, because the torque curve drops down significantly before it can even hit the hard rev limiter. So I’m not sure if it’s even useful to have it at all.

I get what you mean but there will still be an optimal rpm to shift at. With a gauge it is easier to hit the best spot, whether it is at 3000 or at 6000 rpm.

Yes, aftermarket configuration would be nice. Most important the RPM gauge but maybe also cage.
I have added a configuration called TACHO GAUGE which uses the tachometer instead of the generic gauge.

Updated gauges using the latest test patch. I will publish them when the patch is official.
Attached images
lfs_00001627.jpeg
very bootifull mr fleme
Why does this car go into the breaker at 9000 rpm, the power and torque rpm do not match it. The car does not go at all, it is very lifeless. If possible, the cutter should be pulled down and lower revs should be improved. The new gauge type looks very nice, hopefully we'll see it in-game.
​ ​
I set the engine redline this high to simulate having no hard rev limiter at all. However the visual redline does not correspond to the actual engine peak power.

The updated gauges wil show a redline at around 5000 RPM, which roughly corresponds to the actual power peak at 4852 RPM.

These are actual figures from the real Škoda 105:

Torque: 72.8 Nm @ 3000 RPM
Power: 33.1 kW @ 4800 RPM

Anyhow, it is supposed to be quite lifeless Big grin
Attached images
curvese.jpg
The facelifted "M" version coming soon as a separate mod EMKO:

- whopping 58 hp
- 5 speed gearbox
- bigger track width
- brand new light cluster
- plastic bumpers
- large front indicators

and more Smile

Attached images
image (1).png
image.png
#36 - w126
Very nice car, obviously well know in my country. Smile
From what I could find, this car (a real one) has swing axle rear suspension. Wouldn't it be better approximated in LFS by MacPherson strut with a very long lower arm?
Looking forward to EMKO, looks great! How did you make those taillight textures?

Quote from w126 :Very nice car, obviously well know in my country. Smile
From what I could find, this car (a real one) has swing axle rear suspension. Wouldn't it be better approximated in LFS by MacPherson strut with a very long lower arm?

This is an interesting idea. Will it ensure changes of toe-in as well as camber during suspension travel?
Quote from stuchlo :Looking forward to EMKO, looks great! How did you make those taillight textures?

They come from the textures included in the base 3D model I got permission to use - it was also used to create this BeamNG mod by the same author Atomix aka TTÆtom. So no hard work there from my side Smile

I can't thank those guys enough who modelled the car and made it available to me. They've already included all the car variants (base, M, Rapid, even some parts of LR) and I'm just reusing their work and converting it into LFS.
Attached images
lights.png
#39 - w126
Quote from stuchlo :This is an interesting idea. Will it ensure changes of toe-in as well as camber during suspension travel?

I was thinking mainly of camber changes with suspension travel. I'm not even aware of any method to see dynamic toe information in LFS. I checked some old data from RAF file for XRT (with MacPherson strut at the rear) and wheel steer component is a constant value equal to toe from car's setup. This component is commented as "including Ackermann and toe" in RAF format description.
Quote from w126 :I was thinking mainly of camber changes with suspension travel. I'm not even aware of any method to see dynamic toe information in LFS. I checked some old data from RAF file for XRT (with MacPherson strut at the rear) and wheel steer component is a constant value equal to toe from car's setup. This component is commented as "including Ackermann and toe" in RAF format description.

If the toe value is constant, which are benefits of approximation using McPherson over an approximation using double-wishbone (for example this mod)? Asking, because I have made some mods with swing axles and if McPherson is more accurate, I will gladly rework them Smile

Quote from Flame CZE :I can't thank those guys enough who modelled the car and made it available to me. They've already included all the car variants (base, M, Rapid, even some parts of LR) and I'm just reusing their work and converting it into LFS.

Nice Smile Now, I am looking forward to the Rapid too Big grin
BTW, are you planning also 100 or 1000MB?
Quote from w126 :Very nice car, obviously well know in my country. Smile

Interesting idea, I can try it. Here’s a picture of the real suspension of the original version (left) and the upgraded M version (right):

I guess I could use MacPherson suspension for the M version in LFS to make it different from the UZOVKA just like in real life.
Quote from stuchlo :Nice Smile Now, I am looking forward to the Rapid too Big grin
BTW, are you planning also 100 or 1000MB?

I would like to introduce more of these classics yeah, but the lack of time and/or skills is kinda getting in the way. There is a BeamNG mod of the 100, maybe there would be a way to contact the author and ask for a permission.

Also I’ve got a permission to use a model of a Škoda 1203 BeamNG mod but sadly it’s too high poly for LFS.

There are more cars on my wishlist. Speaking of Škoda, it would be cool to have a Favorit or a Felicia too.
Quote from Flame CZE :There are more cars on my wishlist. Speaking of Škoda, it would be cool to have a Favorit or a Felicia too.

If you are ok with lower-poly models, I could make the 97 Felicia. It was my first car so it is on my wishlist too. But it will be a lot of work and I am not sure if I should invest it into a stock version or into a kit car (which is more suitable for LFS). It is too much work to create both, but maybe I could make a stock one and leave the kit car for collaboration?
Attached images
felda.jpg
#44 - w126
Quote from stuchlo :If the toe value is constant, which are benefits of approximation using McPherson over an approximation using double-wishbone (for example this mod)? Asking, because I have made some mods with swing axles and if McPherson is more accurate, I will gladly rework them Smile

Now I see that I was not entirely right with the suggestion to use MacPherson strut. The solution in Hadimrska Sport is better for this purpose with its specific geometry, that is lower and upper arms being of equal lengths and going to the differential.
#45 - w126
Quote from Flame CZE :Interesting idea, I can try it. Here’s a picture of the real suspension of the original version (left) and the upgraded M version (right)

For the swing axle version I think it's better to try stuchlo's solution.
The M version seems to have semi-trailing arm suspension. I don't know what is the best way to do it with current LFS suspension options.
I've just tried setting up a dobule wishbone suspension similar to the Hadimrska Sport and now the car handles quite strange in corners - the inside wheel lifts too much. It's not very fun to drive like that. Frown In fact the a similar thing happens with the Hadimrska.

Attached images
lfs_00000339.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :I've just tried setting up a dobule wishbone suspension similar to the Hadimrska Sport and now the car handles quite strange in corners - the inside wheel lifts too much. It's not very fun to drive like that. Frown In fact the a similar thing happens with the Hadimrska.

Unfortunately, swing axles are infamous for being tricky to drive IRL. Here is a video, where Škoda 100 (it has a very similar axle) is being flipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laho76wKVUs and here is an article about flipped Tatra 87
https://www.curbsideclassic.co ... lip-a-tatra-t87-at-20-mph For example Chevrolet Corvair and Volkswagens had the same trouble.

In this case, there are two main problems. Firstly, the tires are too grippy for a historic vehicle, so the outer tire is trying to get under the vehicle in a sharp turn. Secondly, the rear axle of Užovka is quite different from Hadimrška, because those trailing arms change toe value (Hadimrška does not have any trailing arms and therefore the approximation is on the point). If you remember, we were discussing these problems earlier, during the mod review process. Yes, the trailing arm suspension is much more stable and easy to drive. When I was working on a Tatra 87 (which has a similar problem as Užovka) I made multiple experiments with MacPherson suspension, but was not happy about the results. It looks like the Hadimrska-like approximation works quite good for T87 and corresponds to its "habit to kill nazi officers".

My personal estimation is that Užovka could also use Hadimrška-like solution while eMko could use the trailing arms, but I am not sure which one is the best. Maybe there is a trick how to use MacPherson for some better results but it is an opened problem.
Thanks for the information, I'll think about it. Interesting thing about the Tatra!

Meanwhile, more progress on the EMKO:

Attached images
lfs_00001630.jpg
lfs_00001631.jpg
#49 - w126
I would like to ask what is the variant of swing axle suspension used in these Škoda cars. Is it like in the Tatras where the output shafts actually swing inside the differential? Or is it like one in some old VW Beetles that has more typical differential and joints just outside of it allowing the output shafts to change their orientation?
If maybe it is the second case, then the double wishbone approximation should have pivot placement like in the picture. Still, I cannot tell if it could help make the handling more pleasant. I have only made some simple tests on modified XR GT and it would take serious tuning with the rest of car's parameters to draw conclusions.
Attached images
sa.png
#50 - w126

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG